Short analysis of 2017 SI gas mileage depending on octane.

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata / Doug - Have you found any ill effects running 87 or 89 in the 10th Gen Si during your testing? Any problems with KR?
We tend to stick with the high octane, so have done very little testing with 87 or 89. In the little testing we have done with 87, the knock control % and knock retard is 10-15% higher. The K.Control can also vary 10-20% depending on environmental conditions such as high air temp and your driving style. Push the car hard in hot conditions and K.Control will increase.

Our advice is to run the highest octane fuel you can for maximum performance.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Hmm in my experience this car does not feel like is has 40 more torque than my last car .

As for the fuel ...gas in PA is expensive compared to most states but how much money you really gonna save buying crappy gas haha.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
I would like to know what the knock control update time is. If you buy different octane gas, under normal driving, how long does it take to adjust to the new octane fuel? And how is it checking this? Is there any change in driving that would make it perform checks faster? Would flooring it through a gear provide more data for the ecu to push the knock control in a direction faster?

I saw that even using 93/94 Hondata showed it was still under some amount of knock control. And race gas was the only way to get it to reach the lowest setting. So it has to be continuously checking in a manner that is more aggressive than previous Hondas right? I would really be interested in an explanation of how this system is working on these new turbo engines.

stlnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Sorry kind of off topic, but I have heard a lot of controversy on the break in period. Some people have told me that they do not have one and some are saying 500 or 1000 miles. Mine currently has 160 miles and I am driving it like an old lady lol. Any thoughts?
When I bought my 2011 fa5 the dealer told me not to use cruise control for the first 500 miles and not to break too hard for the first 200 miles. I kinda just followed that advice with this new Si. Just drive that thing already you'll love it haha

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When I bought my 2011 fa5 the dealer told me not to use cruise control for the first 500 miles and not to break too hard for the first 200 miles. I kinda just followed that advice with this new Si. Just drive that thing already you'll love it haha

Shit man I wish someone told me that! I use cruise control like it's my religion. I just hit 500 yesterday