Alternator removal & replacing on 2016 Civic Touring 1.5T?

RiderFun

First Name
R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic (9th Generation) & Honda Civic Touring (10th Generation) / Previously Honda Civic (8th Generation)
Country flag
Hi to anyone reading this.

I've tried searching online about this, however I have came up with nothing, so I just decided to write this up on here and ask if anyone on here have ever replaced their alternator on there Civic with the 1.5T?

If so, what was the procedure that you did to remove the old one? (As in, did to do this from the top or under the car or anything of that nature) I ask due to the location of the alternator on this engine, and I've also not ever done this before (or ever had to for that matter as they typically have never gone bad on me with my past Hondas, lol).

Thank you for reading as well as any information that I may get from someone who's done this before and has experience.
Sponsored

heresick

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch MT
Country flag
Hi to anyone reading this.

I've tried searching online about this, however I have came up with nothing, so I just decided to write this up on here and ask if anyone on here have ever replaced their alternator on there Civic with the 1.5T?

If so, what was the procedure that you did to remove the old one? (As in, did to do this from the top or under the car or anything of that nature) I ask due to the location of the alternator on this engine, and I've also not ever done this before (or ever had to for that matter as they typically have never gone bad on me with my past Hondas, lol).

Thank you for reading as well as any information that I may get from someone who's done this before and has experience.
While I cannot speak to the civic platform, I have done so on my old jeep wrangler.

Very different systems, but there were only 3 bolts holding it to my Jeep’s engine and I had to completely remove the belt.

Make sure you disconnect the battery too.

In regards to your question, try both angles, and see what works best.
unrelated but similar - I have done the downpipe/frontpipe as well as air intake on our platform and even though it seems impossible to finesse at times when trying to get it to fit, after enough rotation, I found the way it fit best.

hopefully that helps you get that alternator in /out

good luck!

Last edited: