milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Sorry noob question. I just changed my oil today, but I just came across this post and realized I had to change crush washer? This is my first oil change ever in any car so I didn’t even bother to check to see if when I put the drain plug back in if it even had the old one on there. Will I be ok or should I check it out.
Sponsored

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Sorry noob question. I just changed my oil today, but I just came across this post and realized I had to change crush washer? This is my first oil change ever in any car so I didn’t even bother to check to see if when I put the drain plug back in if it even had the old one on there. Will I be ok or should I check it out.
Check for leaks around the drain plug and on the floor where the car is parked to make sure the car is not leaking. I would add a washer however just to keep things nice and tidy and prevent any leaks.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Check if the washer is there, if it's there and doen't leak, leave it. Quite often I change my oil and re-use the same washer, I never had any leak.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
For anyone checking in on this thread:
It is a good idea to use some "Locktite" on the bolt (each time you remove it). Will help from losing the little gremlins :)

Honda Civic 10th gen How to Change Oil on 2016+ Civic 1.5L Turbo 1587092816106

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm just curious, why would you use thread locker on the drain plug? I've never seen one come off if it was properly torqued.
Apologies:
I meant to include; using the locktite on the 2 Bolts that are up front middle on the shield. Those are typically what bust lose and cause all of the reported Cases of splash shield hanging below.

rcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Does anyone have the part number for those flathead screws? I just did my oil change myself for the first time and come to find out in missing about 4 of them. I've been having the dealership change it who won't ever be doing it again.

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Does anyone have the part number for those flathead screws? I just did my oil change myself for the first time and come to find out in missing about 4 of them. I've been having the dealership change it who won't ever be doing it again.
Honda Civic 10th gen How to Change Oil on 2016+ Civic 1.5L Turbo 54E8C3AE-002B-4EF8-A9F1-4D02F7218EF5

You’re welcome :)

Hollywoo0220

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
54E8C3AE-002B-4EF8-A9F1-4D02F7218EF5.jpeg

You’re welcome :)
I think he is referring to the others that hold the back/mid of the cover. The ones with the notches that lock into place.

mattmoe1405

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic
Country flag
Anyone know the part number for the screws with phillips head for 2013 civic? Changed my oil and realized i'm missing 3/4 today

MP58

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Curious does anyone know the part number for the turn style screws with the flat heads. I am asking b/c the Honda dealership in Plymonth, MI changed my oil for the 1st/2nd time and loss two of them. I no longer go back to dealership for my oil service and do it my self. If anyone knows please chime in. I have been looking at all the Honda Parts store and they don't have the part listed. Also, tried a different Honda Dealership never heard from parts guy who couldn't find the part either.
Are you looking for the screws that are the quarter turn? The same thing happened to me when my 2017 went in for the oil dilution recall. Took a bit of research but I found the part numbers. 90674-TY2-A01 and 90105-TBA-A00
Sponsored