First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's possible it's just a glitch and will go away in a few drive cycles. But you are showing a check engine light so posting that code will give us an idea of what the issue might be. Could even be rodents.

You just need to plug in an OBD-II reader if you don't have a tune. Even a basic reader like this is something all car owners should have in their tool box:

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-MS300-Diagnostic-Vehicles/dp/B001LHVOVK/
Great stocking stuffer idea too!
Sponsored

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had this same problem, Turns out I had a blown brake fuse. After replacing it, codes went away.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Geez what’s up with our cars having software glitches with bad fuses, battery, spark plugs, low battery key fobs, wheels leaving the ground, etc. I had it trip before because the head unit wasn’t picking up the satellite after reinstalling from a failed aftermarket radio install attempt.

ShinnyMetal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Happened to me one days after using my car to play music while doing an oil change. After several starts and stops to get an OBD reading it went away. ECU gets borked sometime but it definitely doesn't mean it's the only cause. Read that taking the negative off for several minutes to get the ECU reset is a good way to solve it if it's just an ECU glitch.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Likely a discharged or weak/bad battery. Pulling the battery cable to cure "glitches" should be a VERY RARE thing. you will eventually have to fix the problem.

OP
OP

Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Did it fix the issue?
what every they did after that car seems fine.. no lights on dash , runs fine , starts up fine and mpg is good. so seems like a total scam

OP
OP

Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Likely a discharged or weak/bad battery. Pulling the battery cable to cure "glitches" should be a VERY RARE thing. you will eventually have to fix the problem.
Battery is brand new put in 5 months ago

OP
OP

Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Happened to me one days after using my car to play music while doing an oil change. After several starts and stops to get an OBD reading it went away. ECU gets borked sometime but it definitely doesn't mean it's the only cause. Read that taking the negative off for several minutes to get the ECU reset is a good way to solve it if it's just an ECU glitch.
thats what i think its happened twice and was reset twice and car is good now

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had similar issue when the Body Control Module crapped out…not just software issue, Honda actually replaced the module under warranty…
Sponsored