All warning lights on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI 6spd manual Turbo
Country flag
Hey yall I recently bought a used 2017 civic si with 47k miles from a dealership.
I started my car via the push button and proceeded to get out of my car and continue detailing the paint with the radio on and key at my side.
When I got back in the car to roll up windows and turn it off all of my dash warning lights were on and none of my features were functional.
I attempted to reboot the radio in an attempt to reset it.
That was unsuccessful.
I am hoping that some of you guys have some insight into this issue.
I am going to the dealer today at 3pm to have them scan the cars computer.
I bought this car exactly one week ago today and am trying my best to not freak out that I may have bought a problem.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Pictures are of my beauty

Honda Civic 10th gen All warning lights on 20210314_120807

Honda Civic 10th gen All warning lights on 20210314_120610

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have read, a lot of different times on this forum, that it's a sign that your battery is about to die. That's my first guess.

OP
OP
ThatNewHondaSIGuy2021
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have read, a lot of different times on this forum, that it's a sign that your battery is about to die. That's my first guess.
I hope you are correct I'm going to dealership at 3 an thankfully I've got a 25k mile warranty on it an hoping a battery is fairly cost effective at the dealership

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda's have NOT had a good reputation for providing good batteries in their cars. They are renowned for lasting 2-3 years. If yours has lasted 4, you're probably in the minority. They might test it, and say it's fine (and it might, in fact be fine ... at that moment they test it), but I have read many reports of the battery being a leading cause of dashboard warning lights has been a battery about to fail.

OP
OP
ThatNewHondaSIGuy2021
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda's have NOT had a good reputation for providing good batteries in their cars. They are renowned for lasting 2-3 years. If yours has lasted 4, you're probably in the minority. They might test it, and say it's fine (and it might, in fact be fine ... at that moment they test it), but I have read many reports of the battery being a leading cause of dashboard warning lights has been a battery about to fail.
I do appreciate your input an we are at the dealership now getting them to test it let's hope it's only a battery lol

OP
OP
ThatNewHondaSIGuy2021
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey yall I recently bought a used 2017 civic si with 47k miles from a dealership.
I started my car via the push button and proceeded to get out of my car and continue detailing the paint with the radio on and key at my side.
When I got back in the car to roll up windows and turn it off all of my dash warning lights were on and none of my features were functional.
I attempted to reboot the radio in an attempt to reset it.
That was unsuccessful.
I am hoping that some of you guys have some insight into this issue.
I am going to the dealer today at 3pm to have them scan the cars computer.
I bought this car exactly one week ago today and am trying my best to not freak out that I may have bought a problem.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Pictures are of my beauty

20210314_120807.jpg

20210314_120610.jpg
Edit to this:
I went to dealership to which they informed me that it is a voltage indicator that sets it off basically im going to need a new battery soon.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got 4 years out of yours? Might be a record. I got less than 2 on mine. I ended up purchasing a 5 year battery so I won't be stranded 50 miles from my house again...at least until 2025.

OP
OP
ThatNewHondaSIGuy2021
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You got 4 years out of yours? Might be a record. I got less than 2 on mine. I ended up purchasing a 5 year battery so I won't be stranded 50 miles from my house again...at least until 2025.
I'm not sure if it's the original battery but I'm running into trying to find the correct battery that's going to last here in the Carolinas

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
I'm havi g same problem but I have a yellow top optima battery. Any thoughts?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag