all my system warning lights came on

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When you say "pilot error" , can you clarify that?
As in the person who "overfilled" your oil - not you the owner, not the car or design; just someone not paying attention to detail and causing a major problem.
Sponsored

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Optima SXL
Country flag
Gotcha, totally understand stand that. Not just the oil, but the dealer also stated the fuel injectors where inproperly sealed also.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Gotcha, totally understand stand that. Not just the oil, but the dealer also stated the fuel injectors where inproperly sealed also.
Chicken or egg? Did the oil overfill cause "hydraulic lock" that damaged the head and unseated the injectors? ie What was the root cause?

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
For anyone who gets this car jump started, be aware this could happen. I jumped mine and when I started driving, all the warnings started coming up one after another and cycling forever. This is probably because the car got confused during the jump, or during the low voltage of the battery prior to the jump, and needed to be "reset" by powering down and back up again. Since I couldn't turn it off until the battery was charged (for an hour, typically), and I didn't want to drive it with all the warnings, I couldn't test it. But when an hour had passed, I turned the car off and restarted it and all the warnings were gone.

MonsterYoda

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EXT w/Honda Sensing & KTuner
Country flag
I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. The systems would reset after the engine warmed up for the first 4-5 days. Then no reset for the last week or more. Reset to factory tune and Honda diagnosed with bad speed sensor. All systems normal after changing. No problem after new sensor installed. It's only been a day, so I will update i about 4 weeks. Don't worry everyone. The new design is only about 3 years old. Little quirks like this are normal. I had the 2.0 liter CVT for 2 years and had 2 recalls on it. I had 1 recall already on my 1.5L turbo. I've only had it for 6-7 months. Just make sure to reset back to factory tune when taking to Honda or AutoZone to diagnose. KTUner not to blame for this one.

C-vic19LX

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2019
Country flag
Was driving to work this morning on the highway, doing a constant 55 mph, and one by one all of my systems error lights started popping on. Emissions system, brake system, VSA, hill assist, fuel system, power steering, all of them had error lights pop on one after another as if i had turned off the car, disconnected and reconnected the battery and the first time you turn the car back on. Despite all of these warning lights, none of those systems actually felt to be failing. Power steering was fine and as far as i could tell, everything felt completely normal with the car.

Once i got to work i turned off the car, waited for a minute, and then turned it back on and all of the error lights were still on.

I have the Ktuner v2 which i bought from PRL Motorsports and i flashed my ECU about a week ago, this is the first issue i've had since doing so. Pretty sure it is something to do with the ECU flash. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Maybe @KTuner or @PRL Motorsports has some advice? Thanks in advance folks.

C-vic19LX

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2019
Country flag
Was driving to work this morning on the highway, doing a constant 55 mph, and one by one all of my systems error lights started popping on. Emissions system, brake system, VSA, hill assist, fuel system, power steering, all of them had error lights pop on one after another as if i had turned off the car, disconnected and reconnected the battery and the first time you turn the car back on. Despite all of these warning lights, none of those systems actually felt to be failing. Power steering was fine and as far as i could tell, everything felt completely normal with the car.

Once i got to work i turned off the car, waited for a minute, and then turned it back on and all of the error lights were still on.

I have the Ktuner v2 which i bought from PRL Motorsports and i flashed my ECU about a week ago, this is the first issue i've had since doing so. Pretty sure it is something to do with the ECU flash. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Maybe @KTuner or @PRL Motorsports has some advice? Thanks in advance folks.
I had a similar problem.

I bought a Civic LX 2019, while I was changing lines almost all the signs including (Power steering, breaks, traction control, air bag, and other) flashed and I couldn't control the car. I couldn't stop the car, as nothing was responding, in the end my car hit another car, my car stopped. I stopped the engine and started it after 20 min till the police finished the job, all the signs disappeared except for the air bag. I took the car to the dealer they said there wasn't any problem. Any idea ?

roddogg189

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This has been pretty common. You are not alone, it's normal. I've heard disconnecting the ecu and battery, or revert back to stock then reload your tune, and you'll be good to go.
This is what I planned on doing also!
Sponsored