After Market Headunit for the Premium-Audio-System?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
metra may do it but all of the new head units support maestro.
I tried to get some steam for us but people don’t care enough to go bug them.

You can still see my post on their wall.
https://mobile.twitter.com/idatalink

people not bugging maestro isn’t going to get them to do it any faster.

We have to show demand for it.
All the new head units support maestro, but that doesn’t mean they don’t support metra. Any manufacturer can make a harness. Having a maestro compatible head unit just means you get specific RR features through a proprietary port.
Sponsored

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
metra may do it but all of the new head units support maestro.
I tried to get some steam for us but people don’t care enough to go bug them.

You can still see my post on their wall.
https://mobile.twitter.com/idatalink

people not bugging maestro isn’t going to get them to do it any faster.

We have to show demand for it.
also the logic is a bit flawed since the same exact head unit is used across the Honda suite of SUVs/cars. The 11th gen will likely used a different head unit since it’s a complete redesign.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
also the logic is a bit flawed since the same exact head unit is used across the Honda suite of SUVs/cars. The 11th gen will likely used a different head unit since it’s a complete redesign.
And that’s why maestro has a HO1 and HO2 harness and our cars specifically are supposed to be on an HO4 harness and HO3 will probably be used for other ones and maybe they’ll even make an HO5 harness for the new ones :). Just like FIRSTECH which makes computstar remote starts and is a sister company of ADS (who makes the maestro) has like 10 different harnesses for their DC3 platform some of which support cars and not others :(

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And that’s why maestro has a HO1 and HO2 harness and our cars specifically are supposed to be on an HO4 harness and HO3 will probably be used for other ones and maybe they’ll even make an HO5 harness for the new ones :). Just like FIRSTECH which makes computstar remote starts and is a sister company of ADS (who makes the maestro) has like 10 different harnesses for their DC3 platform some of which support cars and not others :(
that’s all cool and everything but the head units we want have to support the interface regardless. You can have all the harnesses you want but if the headunits don’t support it you’re still SOL.

You can always do the LX climate control swap. You’ll lose the maintenance stuff like being able to recalibrate the TPMS.

if we don’t get support this might be what I do. Or having a flip up installed.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Basically what I’m trying to say is your fears are wrong. The harness is going to be made for a car as popular as the civic. Honda switched to a new data system for this radio so it’s taking longer than normal. If you want to do it fast buy a Toyota next time. Maestro, PAC, and Metra have been using the same smart harnesses for those cars for the last 10 years.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically what I’m trying to say is your fears are wrong. The harness is going to be made for a car as popular as the civic. Honda switched to a new data system for this radio so it’s taking longer than normal. If you want to do it fast buy a Toyota next time. Maestro, PAC, and Metra have been using the same smart harnesses for those cars for the last 10 years.
Again harness doesn’t matter if headunit doesn’t support it lol we could go in circles all night.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
that’s all cool and everything but the head units we want have to support the interface regardless. You can have all the harnesses you want but if the headunits don’t support it you’re still SOL.

You can always do the LX climate control swap. You’ll lose the maintenance stuff like being able to recalibrate the TPMS.

if we don’t get support this might be what I do. Or having a flip up installed.
Yeah maestro is the easiest and cleanest but the competitors have come up with plenty of stupid ways of making literally the stuff our cars do that other cars have done in the past. I used to do this shot for a living I’ve seen some pretty stupid shit but it damn sure swapped the radio. Stop trying to scare people on this thread.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Again harness doesn’t matter if headunit doesn’t support it lol we could go in circles all night.
Yeah well you’re fucking stupid and clearly have never installed a radio so I guess the circle ends there smart guy :)

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah well you’re fucking stupid and clearly have never installed a radio so I guess the circle ends there smart guy :)
ive installed a radio on every car I’ve had. Im not trying to scare anyone but it’s not just the civic that has this headunit.

The pilot was out before the civic they all have the head unit. All the Honda cars from 2016 have it.

They don’t support an entire brand of cars. For 4 years not just the civic. Maybe you like sucking off the ghost of Christmas past but I’m not gonna wait all night for Santa clause lol.

I’m just saying if you want support from the brands you have to show demand. The fact that the only one out there that has head unit support has about 500 followers on Twitter probably isn’t bringing hope around.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
ive installed a radio on every car I’ve had. Im not trying to scare anyone but it’s not just the civic that has this headunit.

The pilot was out before the civic they all have the head unit. All the Honda cars from 2016 have it.

They don’t support an entire brand of cars. For 4 years not just the civic. Maybe you like sucking off the ghost of Christmas past but I’m not gonna wait all night for Santa clause lol.

I’m just saying if you want support from the brands you have to show demand. The fact that the only one out there that has head unit support has about 500 followers on Twitter probably isn’t bringing hope around.
That’s because nobody cares about car audio anymore. It’s a niche thing that most people only do if they have to. Those that enjoy it, find it, and it’s usually available. Some times in weird ways like this, you know, since the radios don’t have a PAC Audio direct interface so they release a whole kit to make it work complete with a stupid little screen? Or maybe this for the camaro?
Oh, oh, I know! This for the old Honda Accord that literally comes with a WHOLE new climate control since Honda had a stupid design team back then!
If maestro can’t get it done (which believe me, they will) pac or metra will probably release a kit that changes the controls of the LX climate control that they force you to buy in order to do it complete with stickers to change what the buttons do. Who knows! It’s just not beneficial yet since nowadays people only change their radios when they break or if they’re enthusiasts, and they especially do it less when they don’t have to because our radios have CarPlay and android auto already which is main reason normie’s change their radios nowadays cause they bought a fucking base model that has a shitty radio. Oh wait, there already is an LX harness and kit huh :mad:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh look, I found a kit that matches the gloss on the upper trim level radios! It’s almost as if the companies are anticipating for when a majority of people want/need it, and not just when people like us who like cool expensive shit

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh and before you say anything about how it’s just PAC I’m posting here’s metra’s stupid version the Honda Accord kit which even lets you change the color of the stupid little screen

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

and again I made a thread about this trying to get some support to throw at the one company that is supported. Crickets on that thread. Not sure how that comes off as trying to scare people. I’ve been waiting for 2 years man. I’ll have
That’s because nobody cares about car audio anymore. It’s a niche thing that most people only do if they have to. Those that enjoy it, find it, and it’s usually available. Some times in weird ways like this, you know, since the radios don’t have a PAC Audio direct interface so they release a whole kit to make it work complete with a stupid little screen? Or maybe this for the camaro?
Oh, oh, I know! This for the old Honda Accord that literally comes with a WHOLE new climate control since Honda had a stupid design team back then!
If maestro can’t get it done (which believe me, they will) pac or metra will probably release a kit that changes the controls of the LX climate control that they force you to buy in order to do it complete with stickers to change what the buttons do. Who knows! It’s just not beneficial yet since nowadays people only change their radios when they break or if they’re enthusiasts, and they especially do it less when they don’t have to because our radios have CarPlay and android auto already which is main reason normie’s change their radios nowadays cause they bought a fucking base model that has a shitty radio. Oh wait, there already is an LX harness and kit huh :mad:
On the Lx they don’t need anything. Maintenance is still in the dash and no dual climate control I don’t think.

i get your optimism for those custom car kits.
I’m not sure if you’ve ever used em but they’re usually completely garbage or clunky AF.

I find it funny that I have the most expensive civic they make and I’m fucked over every other model.

I’m also fascinated that these cheap $200 Phoenix trash radios are able integrate all these controls literally in the first year but the other companies take forever to do it because there’s no demand.

Being a car enthusiast sucks a fat one these days. These companies need to adapt quicker or die. Like I said I’ll probably have a new car before they can get my business.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh and before you say anything about how it’s just PAC I’m posting here’s metra’s stupid version the Honda Accord kit which even lets you change the color of the stupid little screen
lol I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove at this point. We get it cheap cars have cheap alternatives for shit quality solutions haha.

seems like you got off on trying to call me an idiot and just want to argue about what we agree on. You do you man.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
and again I made a thread about this trying to get some support to throw at the one company that is supported. Crickets on that thread. Not sure how that comes off as trying to scare people. I’ve been waiting for 2 years man. I’ll have

On the Lx they don’t need anything. Maintenance is still in the dash and no dual climate control I don’t think.

i get your optimism for those custom car kits.
I’m not sure if you’ve ever used em but they’re usually completely garbage or clunky AF.

I find it funny that I have the most expensive civic they make and I’m fucked over every other model.

I’m also fascinated that these cheap $200 Phoenix trash radios are able integrate all these controls literally in the first year but the other companies take forever to do it because there’s no demand.

Being a car enthusiast sucks a fat one these days. These companies need to adapt quicker or die. Like I said I’ll probably have a new car before they can get my business.
the pac ones are nice, especially the new ones. Metra’s always trash, but sometimes they’re the only option. Also, the pac double din kits are usually the best available unless there’s a maestro one which is rare. They usually only do smart harnesses but it depends on the car, and even then they’ll usually come bundled with the smart harness. I’ve installed on hundreds of different cars.
also I’m done with this conversation I’ll forget about it tomorrow and it’s clear you the smartest person here :cry:
Sponsored