jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring Hatch
Country flag
I didn't receive any info besides the order confirmation, so I emailed support. They responded early this morning stating that units ship in 3-5 working days. I interpret that as leaving the factory/warehouse in 3-5 days. They'll send tracking info then.

I asked whether it's shipping from LA or China. I'll share the response when I get it.
It’s shipping from China. They told me mine would ship out by Friday late or Monday morning of next week.
Sponsored

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
It’s shipping from China. They told me mine would ship out by Friday late or Monday morning of next week.
I'm subscribing to this thread, I'd like to see how yours works out - from the Canadian perspective.
I've been waiting for one of the big three Head Unit manufactures to do something for the 10th gen civic, but I'm thinking they won't.

Does the Joying unit give up any necessary features that originally integrated through the OEM stack? (like heating-A/C and set-up?)

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm subscribing to this thread, I'd like to see how yours works out - from the Canadian perspective.
I've been waiting for one of the big three Head Unit manufactures to do something for the 10th gen civic, but I'm thinking they won't.

Does the Joying unit give up any necessary features that originally integrated through the OEM stack? (like heating-A/C and set-up?)
Well you’ve come at the right time. I’ve installed my unit, keeps most OEM features if not all. I’m having a couple of issues like mismatched steering wheel controls, can only use wireless carplay, and a weird caution message in my lane watch display. Aside from that the screen is phenomenal. Super quick and responsive. If you have any questions just reply to the thread!

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Which aftermarket radio are you using? I know Joying seems to be the only one that has the correct harness that works with the premium touring amplifier. You usually have to request it specially (harness choice 3 they offer).

Here is my Joying with the special harness and car setting choice.

43235552-29F7-46ED-9744-81FF89FD3627.jpeg
D9F93B0B-3DBD-418A-A723-24E89B54B307.jpeg
5B3F41F9-3E1D-438E-905B-81F43E294327.jpeg
You got a link to the exact unit? in this picture. I saw one similar on amazon but it has buttons. I would prefer it be clean like what it shows on this pic.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You got a link to the exact unit? in this picture. I saw one similar on amazon but it has buttons. I would prefer it be clean like what it shows on this pic.
I believe he got his off Aliexpress. You could always buy directly from Joying

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
This is the one I ordered, and if you have the factory amplifier, make sure you select that option.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrZa6q6

oOoSimply

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Well you’ve come at the right time. I’ve installed my unit, keeps most OEM features if not all. I’m having a couple of issues like mismatched steering wheel controls, can only use wireless carplay, and a weird caution message in my lane watch display. Aside from that the screen is phenomenal. Super quick and responsive. If you have any questions just reply to the thread!
For the lane watch error message do the following:
To get rid of the Warning message try toggling ON/OFF the "brake wire for video in motion" on Settings<General.

I bought the same Joying head unit as you but for the life of me I can not get the back up camera to appear when I'm in reverse. Did yours work right out the box?

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For the lane watch error message do the following:
To get rid of the Warning message try toggling ON/OFF the "brake wire for video in motion" on Settings<General.

I bought the same Joying head unit as you but for the life of me I can not get the back up camera to appear when I'm in reverse. Did yours work right out the box?
Yes that’s the correct option for lane watch warning. My reverse camera worked right away, make sure your cables are connected properly and you have the right vehicle selected.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
how easy is this to install? Do you just remove a couple of screws, pull out old, plug in connections and then screw it back in? For a type R, should I go with the 9" or the 10.5? I was thinking 9 so it wouldn't block so much of the air vents. Thanks.

OP
OP

jacobpantuso

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how easy is this to install? Do you just remove a couple of screws, pull out old, plug in connections and then screw it back in? For a type R, should I go with the 9" or the 10.5? I was thinking 9 so it wouldn't block so much of the air vents. Thanks.
Very easy to install was extremely mindblown in my opinion. The 9 had physical buttons and a volume knob which is really nice compared to the stock unit. Although if you want the 10.5 go ahead but personally I like the 9. Make sure if you have the upgraded AMP you select it at checkout so your speakers will work.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
ok great, yeah I have the factory amp. Think I am going to go with the 9. Thank you.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
ok great, yeah I have the factory amp. Think I am going to go with the 9. Thank you.
I'm loving my Joying 9". Although I don't have experience to compare it with a 4GB RAM unit, I'm very happy I went with 8GB. It usually connects (via Bluetooth) to my Google Pixel 6 within 20 seconds of starting the car. And there's never any waiting on the Joying. It's always booted up and ready to go.

Bob_L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm loving my Joying 9". ...It usually connects (via Bluetooth) to my Google Pixel 6 within 20 seconds of starting the car. And there's never any waiting on the Joying. It's always booted up and ready to go.
Good to know, since I ordered the 9” last week and I have a Pixel 6 also.

-bob

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
sounds good, I upgraded to the 8gb as well. for $60, seemed like a no brainer

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
i have buy new joying 9" i have see 10" and 10".5 i prefer 9inch
i buy 8go ram and 128+dvr i post photo when i receive headunit

i search part online honda for subwoofer(european version premium don't have sub) or other subwoofer for bass
Sponsored