AEM Dryflow performance drop-in now available!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Glad to know it worked out buddy.
Pretty happy with it! I was so out of it this morning with pain I totally forgot it was installed. lol
Man, I could really feel & hear it. Even better than I remember last night!

For $73.00 I think it's a great price/performance kit. If I can feel it in the seat I'd probably wager that PRL's figures were very accurate.
Maybe we are making close to that 9whp/tq? Sure feels like it! If that's the case this is a crazy cost to performance ratio little kit!

I'll probably add some t-bolts to the intake just to give it that finally touch! Have a bag full of them somewhere!
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty happy with it! I was so out of it this morning with pain I totally forgot it was installed. lol
Man, I could really feel & hear it. Even better than I remember last night!

For $73.00 I think it's a great price/performance kit. If I can feel it in the seat I'd probably wager that PRL's figures were very accurate.
Maybe we are making close to that 9whp/tq? Sure feels like it! If that's the case this is a crazy cost to performance ratio little kit!

I'll probably add some t-bolts to the intake just to give it that finally touch! Have a bag full of them somewhere!
The worm clamps are good enough lol T-clamps are not needed.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The worm clamps are good enough lol T-clamps are not needed.
Yep, but I always use T-bolts on turbo applications. Why I have a big bag?
Plus it looks much better.

Had plenty of worm gear clamps fail under much less boost as well. And yes I know this is on the intake side but I don't skimp anywhere.

I think all these parts should come with T-bolts. Can't believe were still shipping with worm gear clamps.

At least 27WON gets it for their intake.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, but I always use T-bolts on turbo applications. Why I have a big bag?
Plus it looks much better.

Had plenty of worm gear clamps fail under much less boost as well. And yes I know this is on the intake side but I don't skimp anywhere.

I think all these parts should come with T-bolts. Can't believe were still shipping with worm gear clamps.

At least 27WON gets it for their intake.
Well usually T-bolts are needed for really high # of boost tbh and intake doesn't need it because the tube will never come off with a worm clamp. T-bolt clamps can break the plastic end on the turbo inlet pipe.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well usually T-bolts are needed for really high # of boost tbh and intake doesn't need it because the tube will never come off with a worm clamp. T-bolt clamps can break the plastic end on the turbo inlet pipe.
I think @gtman is 100% right...good lord. I'm an ex ASE Master Tech, ASM, Advisor, Warranty Clerk, Wyotech Grad w/ AS Degree, ATRA Certified, High Performance & Engine Tuning classes, decade+ of turbo builds, tuned on more platforms than I can count & etc.....I could go on and on. I probably have more time tightening t-bolts than most of you even turning a bolt.

If I want to put t-bolts on my intake tube for looks I can.....seriously. Like you don't even read the post and just have to nit pick bro.
If you are crushing things with t-bolts just stop working on cars. Did your RV6 down pipe really need a V-band?!?! Just use a 3 bolt flange.......good gravy.

This site is just something else sometimes.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think @gtman is 100% right...good lord. I'm an ex ASE Master Tech, ASM, Advisor, Warranty Clerk, Wyotech Grad w/ AS Degree, ATRA Certified, High Performance & Engine Tuning classes, decade+ of turbo builds, tuned on more platforms than I can count & etc.....I could go on and on. I probably have more time tightening t-bolts than most of you even turning a bolt.

If I want to put t-bolts on my intake tube for looks I can.....seriously. Like you don't even read the post and just have to nit pick bro.
If you are crushing things with t-bolts just stop working on cars. Did your RV6 down pipe really need a V-band?!?! Just use a 3 bolt flange.......good gravy.

This site is just something else sometimes.
Never said you couldn't use T-bolts just the best tuner around even said it's not needed and that's VitViper for our 10th Gen Civics. Also another well known tuner for our Honda's is Derek Robinson from Innovative Motorworks and he said T-bolts are useless on turbo cars and he's been at it for over 10 years. No my RV6 100% doesn't need a V-band clamp lol and it's not needed but they designed it to be that way for uniqueness. They wanted to be different than other companies when in fact a 3 bolt flange is way easier and can be used with any other company. I hate the t-clamp design on a downpipe which is way different than an intake tube where's there's no boost going through it. You getting pissed off for what? no reason. Go ahead and use T-bolts it's not my car and like you said it's for looks. No boost pressure goes through these pipes which is why most companies use worm clamps in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The Tuner d-rob himself dyno tested PRL stage 1(silicone hose), Cobra CAI, and Injen CAI. Different tuner than those on the PRL site. They picked up 3 with just a silicone hose and up to 9 with a high flow drop in filter combined
LilToTo...

I think we need to clear this up. Derek tested the PRL hose/PRL filter combo. That's Stage 1. He consistently saw a 3 hp gain with that setup, not 9 hp. Here's the part where Derek talks about the hp gain on Facebook:

Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Dryflow performance drop-in now available! Capture+_2018-06-27-09-51-42~2

-----------

Now look... 3hp from nothing but a drop-in filter and hose isn't bad at all. Combine that with improved throttle response and a bit more sound and it's a great deal.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I'm talking about the silicone intake hose only. You always chime in about something other that what I post. Jesus.
The tube provides no power gains, yes that’s correct. All the tube does is smooth airflow for the MAF readings., It’s more consistent then the stock tube. It may even cool the air but it’s by so little you wouldn’t even notice really. Lastly he’s basically saying if you were to keep your tube and add the drop in filter you would have saw more gains then a short ram intake or the tube by itself.

Last edited:

dhdinh07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
My stock air filter is due for a replacement this summer, and this AEM DryFlow filter looks like it might be a good choice.

What are everyone's actual thoughts on how it affects fuel efficiency, acceleration, and quality of filtration? Are there any downsides to using an aftermarket performance filter rather than the OEM?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Filtration is close to stock but it is freer flowing so stock wins there but not by a huge amount. You'll notice a bit better throttle response and maybe a mpg or two as well. The best thing about these filters are that they are washable and reusable. A one time purchase pretty much for the life of your car.

dhdinh07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Filtration is close to stock but it is freer flowing so stock wins there but not by a huge amount. You'll notice a bit better throttle response and maybe a mpg or two as well. The best thing about these filters are that they are washable and reusable. A one time purchase pretty much for the life of your car.
Thanks! I'll give them a try.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Did you mean AEM wins there?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you mean AEM wins there?
It just depends what you want. Stock paper filters do the best job of filtering but they don't flow well. I think the AEM and aFe dry filters offer a nice balance of very good filtering with slightly better throttle response and mpg. K&N flows the best but filters the worst. Plus, if you over oil them you could have some issues.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
It just depends what you want. Stock paper filters do the best job of filtering but they don't flow well. I think the AEM and aFe dry filters offer a nice balance of very good filtering with slightly better throttle response and mpg. K&N flows the best but filters the worst. Plus, if you over oil them you could have some issues.
That makes sense in terms of filtration.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag