(DYNO graph now up!)Snow performance water-methanol injection

CW0731

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Elantra Gt, 2017 Civic Si
the car pulls forward regardless of the gear i'm in, very happy with the outcome. stock always felt like it was giving up after 4500rpms, now it continues to pull forward into the higher rpms. I've seen more expensive mods then this return less power per $. as for the STIs and Golf Rs, my buddy has an STI and he may get off to a better start but i pull right ahead once i'm moving haha.

they should handle any storm! at $140 per tire. they're the stock 18" rims that came on the car. these tires are 235 50 18s vs the stock 235 40 18s. "Hoopty"?
I should spell better, Hoopty = Hooptie = junker car (05 Elantra 212K miles on it).

Any particular reason you went with snow performance over AEM?

With those size tires, does it rub especially when you turn the wheel?

Again, thanks for the thorough post on the water/meth injection modification.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I should spell better, Hoopty = Hooptie = junker car (05 Elantra 212K miles on it).

Any particular reason you went with snow performance over AEM?

With those size tires, does it rub especially when you turn the wheel?

Again, thanks for the thorough post on the water/meth injection modification.
No reason for going with snow performance. They just caught my eye a little more. And no rub! 255 40 18s. Wheels are 18x9.5 +45 offset.

Np! I wanted to do a little R&D and no one had yet run meth on this platform. I'll be running 50/50 when I first upgrade the turbo, come spring. But I'll be switching it up to see if more can be accomplished with running VP M1 fuel for injection. On top of e30-40 in the gas tank.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Which version of the meth kit did you go with though? I noticed they have 4 different "stages" on their site.
Ohhh. I see, said the blind man to his deaf dog.

Stage 2 kit. Had a fancier controller. But I only have 1 nozzle installed. If I were to put in the second one I'd downsize to a size 3 on each vs my single size 5. And mount the second after the IAT but before throttlebody. Or back in my throttlebody spacer, but that requires the extra part for vacuum.

I've considered before the intercooler. But I'm very wary of flammable mist that far up the line... at least once i switch to M1

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Very interesting ... thanks for posting results. I’ve always been curious and wanted to do this and was gonna do not knowing someone else has tried.

I’m in the same boat. No E85 at all here in Guam. So even without any Hp gains from being able to give more timing and boost. I wanted it for its cooling properties as Guam is basically summer weather year round and it’s hot as hell here. Outside temp will read 86 and IAT will be at 126 with normal driving. I just want the cooling factor and lower down those temps and of course in doing so bringing down kcontrol and being able to up the boost and mess with timing.

Thank you for being the first. I was thinking of getting the AEM kit but I’ve known snow performance has a stellar background with this and has been doing it for years. I’ll be in touch in the future once I get it and see what you had done in terms of tuning.

Thanks for being the first and posting up about it:beer:

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Very interesting ... thanks for posting results. I’ve always been curious and wanted to do this and was gonna do not knowing someone else has tried.

I’m in the same boat. No E85 at all here in Guam. So even without any Hp gains from being able to give more timing and boost. I wanted it for its cooling properties as Guam is basically summer weather year round and it’s hot as hell here. Outside temp will read 86 and IAT will be at 126 with normal driving. I just want the cooling factor and lower down those temps and of course in doing so bringing down kcontrol and being able to up the boost and mess with timing.

Thank you for being the first. I was thinking of getting the AEM kit but I’ve known snow performance has a stellar background with this and has been doing it for years. I’ll be in touch in the future once I get it and see what you had done in terms of tuning.

Thanks for being the first and posting up about it:beer:
mount the tank in the trunk ;) that's what i'm about to do. the tank will head-soak in the engine bay and rob some of the benefits. i'm curious to see how it performs when switching to VP M1 as well...

and np! it was a fun project and I learned alot.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Update:
Expect big changes on May 10th, full details will be posted. :) I'll be getting tuned by the best, Derek, on May 8th.
Meth system will be moved to the trunk along with a GTX2860R turbo under the hood ;) 99% meth will be used, VP M1 race fuel!

A Cortex EBC will be paired with the Turbo, in place of a cheaper manual boost controller. this will also allow for a safety net, in case of any issues. I'll also have a pressure sensor in the meth line to detect issues and cut boost if needed.

ABSH40363

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Update:
Expect big changes on May 10th, full details will be posted. :) I'll be getting tuned by the best, Derek, on May 8th.
Meth system will be moved to the trunk along with a GTX2860R turbo under the hood ;) 99% meth will be used, VP M1 race fuel!

A Cortex EBC will be paired with the Turbo, in place of a cheaper manual boost controller. this will also allow for a safety net, in case of any issues. I'll also have a pressure sensor in the meth line to detect issues and cut boost if needed.
That controller is awesome. This is almost exactly what I'm doing to my sport hatch. I have some of the parts already but still working on getting the rest. I live in the northeast and just bought the car in November so install won't happen until Spring.

What kind of numbers you hoping for on 93 / meth? Looking forward to your results.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That controller is awesome. This is almost exactly what I'm doing to my sport hatch. I have some of the parts already but still working on getting the rest. I live in the northeast and just bought the car in November so install won't happen until Spring.

What kind of numbers you hoping for on 93 / meth? Looking forward to your results.
The dyno graph might be a page or 2 back on this thread. That's with the stock turbo and a 50/50 mix. Street tune.

With the PRL turbo, no idea. My goal is 400hp. But we'll see, the system will probably be capable of it. But I have a fx350 rated for 380tq, so clutch my be my limiting factor.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Ordered all my needed parts, turbo kit, meth trunk kit, and cortex controller. Last week :)

It's now shipping my way. Big thanks to @Two Step Performance for grouping essentially everything I needed into one buy! And for other reasons ;)

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
Ordered all my needed parts, turbo kit, meth trunk kit, and cortex controller. Last week :)

It's now shipping my way. Big thanks to @Two Step Performance for grouping essentially everything I needed into one buy! And for other reasons ;)
Care to explain a bit of how the Cortex EBC works with our cars? I thought electronic boost control on a stock ECU was an issue for us? Also, 3 port or 4 port EBC?

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Care to explain a bit of how the Cortex EBC works with our cars? I thought electronic boost control on a stock ECU was an issue for us? Also, 3 port or 4 port EBC?
Well with the PRL turbo not being compatible with our stock boost control. You need a aftermarket solution, easiest is just a simple manual boost controller.

I went with Cortex becuase I want better control over my meth injection along with keeping things like boost by gear. And with a pressure sensor in my meth line, I can finally have some safety to it as well.

The system I ordered comes with a 3 port.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
In for results on this! I'm tuning with Derek now on my GTX2860R kit currently running a Grimmspeed manual boost controller in originally was gonna go with the cortex but didn't. I might have to revisit that controller when I look to add meth too! Good luck man!
Sponsored