AEM Dryflow performance drop-in now available!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did you do a TUNE after installing the CAI ? worried i would need to run a TUNE on this turbo engine after adding the intake.
if you get street MAF no need to do anything just bolt on and go but Race maf would need one but Ktuner has the calibration for it already.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fb link to the innovative Motorsports. The Tuner d-rob himself dyno tested PRL stage 1(silicone hose), Cobra CAI, and Injen CAI. Different tuner than those on the PRL site. They picked up 3 with just a silicone hose and up to 9 with a high flow drop in filter combined
and a PRL "Stage 1" filter/silicone hose (which was worth 3hp repeatably in previous testing over the stock intake arm/filter).

The test was done with a filter AND silicone hose... The PRL stage 1 is a filter and hose kit https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxstage1intake.aspx#.XGR7N1VKiUk

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I recently switched my PRL silicone hose for the one from Mishimoto and have been happy with the Mishimoto / AEM Dryflow combo.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I’ve read a couple people referring the oem filter as a dry paper filter. But the original Honda filter is an oiled filter. The quality is very good. I will only use Honda filters. Ive already changed mine once even though I don’t think it really needed it. The factory filter is yellow due to the oil on it. This is a picture of a oem Honda cabin filter and engine air filter. You notice how it’s yellow. That’s the oil on it that makes it yellow. This is just for anybody who didn’t realize our cars came factory with oiled filters

Honda Civic 10th gen AEM Dryflow performance drop-in now available! C4540FB8-C4F1-4886-8505-6215C6F50866

Last edited: