ACC issue - CBMS/LKAS/ACC warnings when car ahead slows

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Nasty issue with Adaptiv Cruise Control on a '16 Civic Coupe Touring: ACC is set at 45 MPH - car ahead slows to 35 MPH. Car icon is displayed in dash, but car does not slow appropriately. Eventually it does try to break, but consistiently throws throws the following errors: "CBMS issue", "Lane Keeping Assist issue", and "Adaptive Cruise Control Issue".

Had it into the dealer once but they didn't fix it. They attempted to fix by "relearning" the steering system.

Taking it back in today.

Anybody else with this problem?

PS - I reported it to the NHTSA - seems like a significant safety defect.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Turns out that the 2nd time resolved the problem. Under warranty, they replaced the Modulator Assembly - VSA. Retail cost for that part would have been $750! $30 for shipping too (covered under warranty)

Part number 57100-TBH-A01

MadHatter

First Name
MadHatter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Turns out that the 2nd time resolved the problem. Under warranty, they replaced the Modulator Assembly - VSA. Retail cost for that part would have been $750! $30 for shipping too (covered under warranty)

I am having the EXACT thing happen when my car slows down behind someone else while I'm in ACC! Just bought used 16 Touring, still under mfr warranty, so I'll be taking it in to have it looked at. Glad to see this issue seems fixable!

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T

Is VSA the electronic stability module that is the culprit for unsafe and un-intuitive deceleration? I too was looking for a use 2016 Touring to purchase eventually but...

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I had the same problem and the solution from the dealership was the same, replaced the VSA module. Apparently the VSA module controls the brakes and that is what was causing issues when your car tried to slow itself down and the VSA module threw out errors.

Here is my previous post about the issue: http://www.civicx.com/threads/cmbs-acc-rdm-warnings-while-driving.10459/#post-179327

It's interesting that your part # is different than mine. I was told by the dealership that a revised VSA module was installed that corrected the problem.
Sponsored