First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
HiD headligths and type r stearing wheel and front strut bar
Ya, that shouldn't ever cause those issues, clearly.

But for everyone that I know with a GenX Civic, they have been fine. Sucks that you are having issues but hopefully they are resolved in the long run.
Sponsored

Lokistherem

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Alright kids, here's the deal. The same issue came up once more yesterday morning on my drive to work. This time, the errors didn't clear once the car was shut off and turned on again. They're all still there. I took it to the dealer this morning and was given the same BS as usual, i.e. that inclement weather/dirt/water/snow/ice can cause the errors. I got them to scan the vehicle with the errors present so currently I'm waiting for their assessment - I'll be contacting Honda Canada here shortly as well. Love the car, but this thing is a lemon.
Inclement weather in Canada? LOL, this just happened to me after snow/slush storm here in Edmonton. I would be happy if you could turn all this crap off and just get basic cruise control. But now I either have to take to dealer or disconnect battery, not very convenient. Luckily I just finished my highway trip two days ago. Thanks for the heads up on the BS they will tell me. And what is up with fabric wheel well in back, the slush/ice is tearing it off. I love this car, but come on Honda build it for the climate we live in.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Interesting, my 1.5L Touring has been through 2 Saskatchewan winters characterized by slush, grimy roads, random shitstorms, hail, grit on roads, and is going through it's third now and I have only seen this error once in the 55k kms of driving I have done so far.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
You know... I am really close to calling it that there is a serious quality control issue/difference between the British hatches and the US/Canada sedan/coupes. I keep seeing all these weird issues where it is only on the hatch (Which are all built in Englandland)...

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Bringing this up from the dead...

This happened to my 2019 Hatchback LX yesterday after coming back from the dealer. CMB, ACC and RDM error messages on the screen. LKAS stayed on, though. So my guess is that the first 3 involve the front radar detector as the LKAS is camera based only. I had thought something may had interfered with the radar (there was a plastic bag on the road) causing it to freak out and disengage as a fail-safe.

I saw someone mention that it disengages when the system nudges you to take steering control too many times. I got those alerts maybe 4 times (very flat and straight piece of road - car tracks straight!). In any case, when I got off the highway and stopped at a light, I quickly turned the car off and on again and none of the errors came back.

I only have 1,200kms on the car... Would hate to see this show up again.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This is the second time it has happened, almost in the exact same spot.

Driving to the airport, had adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist turned on when all of a sudden I received 4 warnings:
CMBS x2, ACC and RDM warning lights all came on and error messages appeared while driving on the highway at 100 kph. This is the second time it has happened.

I took it to the dealer the first time, and they said they couldn't find anything except a general error code, which they cleared. This is now more than annoying, and has become worrisome. Anyone else experience this? And is there a solution that you guys know of?

The car is a 2017 hatchback sport touring. I tried to upload a video, butthe format isn't supported.

UPDATE 1: Took the car in for service. They cleared the codes, but they weren't able to replicate the malfunction. I spoke with the shop foreman, who gave me his direct contact info. Once I'm done with my exams next Thursday, I'll go down the same stretch of highway, and will try to replicate it myself. If succesful, I will call the foreman and take the car directly to serive.
CMBS ACC RDM.jpg

UPDATE 2: 27 April. I drove the same route this afternoon around 11 am as when the errors occurred, but with no success of recreating them. The only variables are time of day and weather conditions (it was damp outside the first time, and the second time there was slight rain). I'll keep chipping away at this and will continue to try and figure out what's going on, but as of now the car runs fine.
I had this issue today, there was rain on and off all day. The VSA was lighting up a lot because I was taking corners hard and flooring it to spin them. (I’m due for a new set of tires and the warranty insists there’s 5k left in them). Anyways, I pulled over for a bit to mess with the amplifier gain and what not. When I started the car back up, had the same CMBS 4 issues pop up. Disconnected the battery, upon reconnect, it told me tpms needed calibration. After calibrating, it told me tire pressure was low. Took it to the station filled it up to 33. All errors gone. My guess is that because all the spinning I was doing, and the tires are old, it shifted the tpms or something. In any case, all codes are cleared, no safety recall or warning (I already had the e-brake recall done) Thanks

Hughie1033

Another day in paradise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bringing this up from the dead...

This happened to my 2019 Hatchback LX yesterday after coming back from the dealer. CMB, ACC and RDM error messages on the screen. LKAS stayed on, though. So my guess is that the first 3 involve the front radar detector as the LKAS is camera based only. I had thought something may had interfered with the radar (there was a plastic bag on the road) causing it to freak out and disengage as a fail-safe.

I saw someone mention that it disengages when the system nudges you to take steering control too many times. I got those alerts maybe 4 times (very flat and straight piece of road - car tracks straight!). In any case, when I got off the highway and stopped at a light, I quickly turned the car off and on again and none of the errors came back.

I only have 1,200kms on the car... Would hate to see this show up again.
I have a similar issue to you, CMB, ACC error but LKAS stays on. Only happens at one location on my way home from work. I have 25,000 km on the clock and have traveled all over Ireland with no issue anywhere else. Anyway when I come to a stop for a few seconds the errors disappear and all is good again (I don't have to turn off the engine)

I think it might be interference from another radar source, the location where the issue occurs is a busy junction and has multiple traffic lights pointing in my general direction, I'm thinking there is some type of traffic control radar/detector in that area that's causing the problem. I'm going to plot the gps coordinates when the error occurs to see if I can see some pattern.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a similar issue to you, CMB, ACC error but LKAS stays on. Only happens at one location on my way home from work. I have 25,000 km on the clock and have traveled all over Ireland with no issue anywhere else. Anyway when I come to a stop for a few seconds the errors disappear and all is good again (I don't have to turn off the engine)

I think it might be interference from another radar source, the location where the issue occurs is a busy junction and has multiple traffic lights pointing in my general direction, I'm thinking there is some type of traffic control radar/detector in that area that's causing the problem. I'm going to plot the gps coordinates when the error occurs to see if I can see some pattern.
Good idea, definitely sounds like big brother is playing a part in this scheme. Lmk how it goes.

supun

First Name
Supun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX Hatchback 2017
Country flag
Having this error and not clearing when restarting the car.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good idea, definitely sounds like big brother is playing a part in this scheme. Lmk how it goes.
I was driving yesterday and CMBS and ACC error would randomly pop up at intermittent intervals, but would go away when I came to a complete stop, coincidentally it was always near cops. I’m thinking that radar guns etc. could play a factor

Sh00t599

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport FC2 K20C2 6MT Rallye Red
Country flag
I was driving yesterday and CMBS and ACC error would randomly pop up at intermittent intervals, but would go away when I came to a complete stop, coincidentally it was always near cops. I’m thinking that radar guns etc. could play a factor
Any updates?? Same issues here. 2020 sport M/T

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this problem only once and it was gone, when I restarted the car.

Oh and a few other times I also this issue, because thet was dirt on the camera or the radar censor. Like insects or snow, during a snow storm.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates?? Same issues here. 2020 sport M/T
it's my foglight housing, I took the push clip out from the inside and my splitter/foglights/canards are diverting air there so it pops out every now and then, I'm gonna try to put the push clip back in and maybe 3m the garnish in place - or buy a new one lol
Sponsored