9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Google maps and waze not designed for offline use. Purchase/download iGo/TomTom/Sygic
Actually you can use them offline. They have an offline mode, but it’s limited to whatever route you saved for offline mode. I’ll see if I can install the other apps you mentioned. Can you give me version #’s of those apps when you have a chance?
Sponsored

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Actually you can use them offline. They have an offline mode, but it’s limited to whatever route you saved for offline mode. I’ll see if I can install the other apps you mentioned. Can you give me version #’s of those apps when you have a chance?
You can download it from the Google Play store

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just installed the Phoenix brand model of this HU in my hatch sport, and everything is working perfectly except the backup camera is black. Someone mentioned there were 2 wires that needed to be connected aside from the regular plugs? Was the camera power one of those or something else I could have missed? I also installed an underseat 10" powered sub. This whole system even with the stock door speakers sounds great now.

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
Try different RCA connection. Cam1 for reverse camera, cam2 for front/lanewatch

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try different RCA connection. Cam1 for reverse camera, cam2 for front/lanewatch
I have a sport, and there were no rca camera connections, just the 2 grey connectors, usb, and antenna.

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
I have a sport, and there were no rca camera connections, just the 2 grey connectors, usb, and antenna.
I have sport too. On one of the Rca input, there’s a label cam1 & cam2 ifi remember correctly

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have sport too. On one of the Rca input, there’s a label cam1 & cam2 ifi remember correctly
Yea I saw those but there was no rca coming from the car to plug into them. The stock HU doesn’t have any rca jacks either.

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
Yes, stok headunit has no rca. Can you take a picture of the harness connection on the headunit? Someone on FB has the blank reverse camera too, he said he plugged the rca to the wrong input.

Or see on the settings
Settings > Factory Settings (passwrd: 126) > Other > Prohibit Reverse = Enable. If Disable, the Reverse Cam will not work.

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, stok headunit has no rca. Can you take a picture of the harness connection on the headunit? Someone on FB has the blank reverse camera too, he said he plugged the rca to the wrong input.

Or see on the settings
Settings > Factory Settings (passwrd: 126) > Other > Prohibit Reverse = Enable. If Disable, the Reverse Cam will not work.
I tried the prohibit reverse both ways. Enabled it is black with the trajectory lines, disabled it doesn’t come up at all.

Can’t take a pic of the harness right now because it’s all back together and it’s dark out anyway. But what I’m saying is there is no RCA coming from the car to plug into the cam1 on the HU. So what’s the other guy saying he plugged into the wrong input?

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
The Main harness that come with the phoenix has 2 male rca

Watch this

Gaelic Vyk

First Name
Ander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Main harness that come with the phoenix has 2 male rca

Watch this
Yea I understand that, but there is nothing to plug into them!

EDIT: crap, now I see them in the video what you are talking about. I'll have to take it back out and see what I missed...

Thanks, lol. Dealing with a 2.5 year old all day has made me stupid.

Last edited:

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
Yea I understand that, but there is nothing to plug into them!

EDIT: crap, now I see them in the video what you are talking about. I'll have to take it back out and see what I missed...

Thanks, lol. Dealing with a 2.5 year old all day has made me stupid.
Lol ... no worries

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
If not for lack of $ and still having a functional HU, I would get this. HU is slow and carplay/android auto has connection issue inherent in the cable or the HU/phone itself. I would miss the lane watch though.

panda_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP FK7
Country flag
If not for lack of $ and still having a functional HU, I would get this. HU is slow and carplay/android auto has connection issue inherent in the cable or the HU/phone itself. I would miss the lane watch though.
The phoenix headunit has 2nd video input for lanewatch, so you will not lose the lanewatch function

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'd get this except I don't think it will work with the Sport Touring and its separate amplifier :(
Sponsored