Templim

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello, I'm getting a rattle or some type of weird loud noise on 4th gear. It's the only gear that is making the noise and is a good bit louder than the other gears. I've installed a Sirimoto short shift adapter so maybe that has something to do with it? I installed the short shifter adapter 3 months prior to the noise.

It's a 2017 civic si

(the shift boot isn't there because someone drove my car and make two big holes in the shift boot so I'm replacing it.)

Sponsored

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Acuity has issues with their short shift adapter causing the cable to pop or rub against the assembly due to the angle change of the cable. Their fix was zip ties.

OP
OP

Templim

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Acuity has issues with their short shift adapter causing the cable to pop or rub against the assembly due to the angle change of the cable. Their fix was zip ties.

Thank you!

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello, I'm getting a rattle or some type of weird loud noise on 4th gear. It's the only gear that is making the noise and is a good bit louder than the other gears. I've installed a Sirimoto short shift adapter so maybe that has something to do with it? I installed the short shifter adapter 3 months prior to the noise.

It's a 2017 civic si

(the shift boot isn't there because someone drove my car and make two big holes in the shift boot so I'm replacing it.)

Definitely check the short shift adapter you have to make sure it hasn't come loose just to be safe, but if you aren't having issues actually engaging gears, it's probably fine.

The fix we outline in that video is applicable to all 10th gens with any brand of short-throw adapter. Most brands juts don't acknowledge that their adapters can cause a small noise during even-gear shifts on some cars. If you watch the vid, you see that the noise is related to the cable moving around a bit where it attaches to the fixed point on the shifter. Fortunately, the noise isn't indicative of any serious issue and is a nuisance at worst.

~Russ

teletxt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 Sport EUDM
Country flag
Hi!

I know this is an old thread. Has this
problem been solved? I have recently installed the 2020 fk8 shifter in my fk7. I can hear a strange rattle when put into the 4. gear.
Sponsored