amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Meh, yeah I don't mind gas mileage per say necessarily.
@arpypat beat me to it. I do a lot of trips from NorCal to SoCal doing about 80 mph, over 4K would be a very unpleasant experience, especially if you've done a performance exhaust
Sponsored

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
The mechanic is dropping the transmission today to see what exploded inside. I'll get pictures eventually of the damage and post back.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think I said it in here yet. I bought the 4k ppg Gear Set. They're in now. Will pick her up tomorrow.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I picked my car up yesterday. I noticed a rattling noise coming from the transmission. I started off in first and heard a noise. I isolated it using audio software and attached the mp3 to this post. Rename it from .txt to mp3. I parked it back in the service area spot lol. Looks like I'll be waiting longer for my baby. She drove good though.

I think the speedometer is affecting my tune from drob. I emailed him to see if he agrees. The car even thinks it's in third gear when on the highway in sixth lol. I need to order the yellow box to adjust the speed sensor as well. The car was registering 50mph on the highway going about 80 or more.

What do you guys think that noise is? It only does it when starting off in first.

Attachments

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I picked my car up yesterday. I noticed a rattling noise coming from the transmission. I started off in first and heard a noise. I isolated it using audio software and attached the mp3 to this post. Rename it from .txt to mp3. I parked it back in the service area spot lol. Looks like I'll be waiting longer for my baby. She drove good though.

I think the speedometer is affecting my tune from drob. I emailed him to see if he agrees. The car even thinks it's in third gear when on the highway in sixth lol. I need to order the yellow box to adjust the speed sensor as well. The car was registering 50mph on the highway going about 80 or more.

What do you guys think that noise is? It only does it when starting off in first.
Isn't the PPG 1st gear a straight cut? It's gonna whine like a racecar in first.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t play a video if there’s one but You’ll hear some rattling in neutral and a little in 1st. Everybody I know that has a ppg set including myself have that noise. Please post what drob says to you about it affecting your tune. I emailed him but he didn’t say anything regarding the gears affecting the tune

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can’t play a video if there’s one but You’ll hear some rattling in neutral and a little in 1st. Everybody I know that has a ppg set including myself have that noise. Please post what drob says to you about it affecting your tune. I emailed him but he didn’t say anything regarding the gears affecting the tune
Isn't the PPG 1st gear a straight cut? It's gonna whine like a racecar in first.

All the gears whine a little and that's normal. This is a hard noise to describe which is why I posted that edited sound clip I posted. You just delete the txt and rename it with mp3 and it will play the audio. It happens at about the 15 - 17 second mark of the audio clip. You could tell me if that's the noise if so I will feel better but it just doesn't sound right.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here is a sound cloud clip of it. It happens at the sixteen second mark.

ppg gearset noise by TendiesOnFloor | Tendies On Floor | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah that doesn't sound like other things I've heard with people using the PPG set. Something isn't right.

OP
OP
websitesdown

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was a heat shield / exhaust issue, actually. It's gone now. Picked it right back up this morning. I'll post a video of me ripping on it. Getting my tires rotated right now.

Oh yeah definitely not good ? good thing u left it there not too sure what that could be tbh that only happens low rpm 1st or while you shift
It was only in first but it makes sense because I have a stiff rear motor mount so I always get some rattling but because that shield was hitting the exhaust it made that crazy noise in first gear which scared the schiff out of me.

Last edited: