39381-TGH-A21 (LE ADS unit) out of stock .... Is it in stock anywhere?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lol everyone is getting theirs from Mungenast.

This Sunday I drove a longer distance with the new ADS. Not sure I like it. I just wanted +R to become stiffer, but I had to drive in comfort because sport was too stiff for my liking. I have a trackday on the 31st - if it's not any better on a track, I'll be the first one to go back to stock ads =)
Yea sport is close to or about where +R was on the original. Comfort is close to where the original sport was.
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I typically only use comfort for long roadtrips or if I have passengers. Otherwise I am always between sport and +R, so I'm kind of on the fence. I think I will likely pursue other upgrades first, but this will still be on my list of wants.

Autocross is the most I've done thus far, with some planning for track later on, but not there yet.
I wish they kept comfort where it was, and just shifted sport and +R. Some of the roads here are cratered worse than a teenager's face, and I would appreciate some extra cushion against my stock wheels/tires from damage lol. Original comfort soaked up most bad roads as if they were nothing.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
I would be cool if we could mix n match our settings for steering/dampers/response
Like sport with +R steering. Besides looking for the ADS unit i've also got a PRL RMM and Spoon Rigid Collar set to install
Yeah. I don't like driving in comfort because of the steering feel. I'm working on emulating an "individual mode" for my fk8.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea sport is close to or about where +R was on the original. Comfort is close to where the original sport was.
And that's the thing that surprised me the most. Reading the service manual, I understood that the ADS unit applied no electrical current on the dampers when in comfort. Just like people on civicxi are disconnecting their damper harness and adding cancellers to stay in comfort suspension permanently. I really didn't expect the LE ADS to have a different comfort mode. It means it's actuating the dampers when it wasn't needed.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah. I don't like driving in comfort because of the steering feel. I'm working on emulating an "individual mode" for my fk8.
For me, especially the throttle feel. I can see why people may want to adjust steering effort and damper stiffness, but who would ever want an anemic gas pedal? Lol.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, especially the throttle feel. I can see why people may want to adjust steering effort and damper stiffness, but who would ever want an anemic gas pedal? Lol.
I always thought car manufacturers did that to pass real life emissions tests. They drive around in comfort mode with numb gas pedals and crazy rev hangs.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Iā€™m deciding on selling the LE ADS unit I ordered. Have it in hand and ready to ship. Selling it for what I paid and whatever fees/shipping is to you. PM me if interested.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Iā€™m deciding on selling the LE ADS unit I ordered. Have it in hand and ready to ship. Selling it for what I paid and whatever fees/shipping is to you. PM me if interested.
Did it feel it was too/unnecessarily stiff for daily use?
GLWS, pretty sure it will go quickly.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Did it feel it was too/unnecessarily stiff for daily use?
GLWS, pretty sure it will go quickly.
Honestly itā€™s such a great upgrade, and not even just saying it because Iā€™m trying to sell it to one of yā€™all. My daily commute is pretty rough and personally I like it stock for those roads. But man is it sweet for on ramps, cornering, etc. If I donā€™t sell it I wonā€™t be mad thatā€™s for sure, I just may swap back to stock for winter with a softer comfort mode (even though I hate the gas pedal feel).

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honestly itā€™s such a great upgrade, and not even just saying it because Iā€™m trying to sell it to one of yā€™all. My daily commute is pretty rough and personally I like it stock for those roads. But man is it sweet for on ramps, cornering, etc. If I donā€™t sell it I wonā€™t be mad thatā€™s for sure, I just may swap back to stock for winter with a softer comfort mode (even though I hate the gas pedal feel).
Yea if most of your drives are on rough roads, then nothing beats the cloud-like ride of the 20-21 ADS in comfort mode. My roads aren't the greatest either and I'm running on 20-inch wheels, but then again I'm abnormal lol, so I stuck with the LE ADS hehe.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Yea if most of your drives are on rough roads, then nothing beats the cloud-like ride of the 20-21 ADS in comfort mode. My roads aren't the greatest either and I'm running on 20-inch wheels, but then again I'm abnormal lol, so I stuck with the LE ADS hehe.
Also running on stock wheels for summer, but luckily have 18s for winter. Enjoy the ride šŸ˜Ž.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Listed mine up officially for sale for those interested šŸ˜Ž

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/fs-le-ctr-ads-ā€œupgradeā€-39381-tgh-a21.83270/

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Ordered March 1 and finally got shipping notification today. It looks like Honda is catching on, pricing on the LE ADS have gone up significantly. There are still a few websites listing them for sub-$275.
Sponsored