BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
People can say what they want in terms of what the LE will be worth in the future. I am in the camp that believes the value will increase considerably once the new inventory is exhausted from dealerships.

But, the fact is once these have all sold as new, that’s it. No more chances to be the initial owner of one. That and that alone was reason enough for me to do what I did.

And yes, I am still very happy and thankful I ended up with two of them.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide. And you’re right. The decision does (and should) depend on one’s situation/stage in life. Financially, no, it’s no smart. But if we’re being honest, not much about vehicle ownership is.
And you might be right. Good for you if that’s the case. Really.

But I’m in the camp that doesn’t get financial value from being the initial owner and more importantly, thinks it’s silly to speculate or ‘invest’ in new cars.

Oh, buying a CTR has proven to be pretty smart financially, but mods, transaction costs, interest costs and ADM can flip the decision to pretty being dumb.
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Your trade offer is just about MSRP? If so, that’s very good. Is the dealer local to you? If so, that’s a plus. Have you tried other dealers to compare their trade offer vs LE price? 52k is considered a reasonable deal in this mkt.. If you really want the LE give it another push on this deal. I am assuming they are already coming down on price since you have a great trade.
Missing the big picture....

Carvanna will give me more that I paid for my 2019 with 9k miles. And I didn’t pay tax. I would be out $2.5k for ppf and tint. Pretty awesome. But what would I buy? A new CTR at MSRP? Net to get me where I am today would be ~$6k+. Doesn’t make sense to me....

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Well at this point it’s really about the subjective value OP gives the opportunity to own a LE. It’s not strictly a financial decision for some.

Missing the big picture....

Carvanna will give me more that I paid for my 2019 with 9k miles. And I didn’t pay tax. I would be out $2.5k for ppf and tint. Pretty awesome. But what would I buy? A new CTR at MSRP? Net to get me where I am today would be ~$6k+. Doesn’t make sense to me....

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
On one hand, I feel crazy for even considering the LE
I'm in a similar boat. I too feel kind of crazy for desiring the LE but Vroom has offered me $37,699 for my 2019 CTR, about $1700 more than I paid in 2019.

I have a dealer willing to sell me their LE once it arrives early June for $4k over, I verbally committed today to making a deposit tomorrow. I honestly feel kind of sad about letting my CTR go since I've enjoyed it so freakin' much. I even bought the updated steering wheel, shifter and bumper garnishes, all of which I'm now going to have to uninstall to sell privately and make back some of my money.

As much as I detest paying markup, I'm such a sucker for Honda (always have been) so getting the LE just feels right given my long time love for the brand.

My wife thinks I'm crazy, I kind of do too. Glad to read I'm not alone!

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm in a similar boat. I too feel kind of crazy for desiring the LE but Vroom has offered me $37,699 for my 2019 CTR, about $1700 more than I paid in 2019.

I have a dealer willing to sell me their LE once it arrives early June for $4k over, I verbally committed today to making a deposit tomorrow. I honestly feel kind of sad about letting my CTR go since I've enjoyed it so freakin' much. I even bought the updated steering wheel, shifter and bumper garnishes, all of which I'm now going to have to uninstall to sell privately and make back some of my money.

As much as I detest paying markup, I'm such a sucker for Honda (always have been) so getting the LE just feels right given my long time love for the brand.

My wife thinks I'm crazy, I kind of do too. Glad to read I'm not alone!
For me it came down to the chance to own a piece of Honda history. I too loved my 2019. My wife also said I was crazy lol. When I realized that I could sell my 2019 for more than I paid for brand new to me it was a no brainer once I secured a reasonable deal on the LE.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
So I need either talking off the ledge or more convincing.
Here’s what I was offered:
$38,5 for trade on 21 CW with less than 4000 miles that I got for MSRP 6 months ago and $52,5 for the LE.
my goal is to pay no more than $5 over for the LE so I walked...
Debating on going back in a week and trying again.
I likely would have taken the deal had I not already spent $3500 on the 21 for XLEP PPF, ceramic coat ultra & ceramic window tint.
On one hand, I feel crazy for even considering the LE and on the other hand, I’ve wanted one ever since I saw the spy pics of it testing on the track years ago... not to mention my favorite car to date besides the CTR was my yellow 89 CRX Si I bought brand new.
I know everybody is in different situations with life and what not but what would you do in this situation?
Just looking for different perspectives...
Thx guys
before you spent the 3500 I'd say YOLO - after that - man just get some lighter wheels for your car you're just throwing away a ton of money because you know you're going to coat the LE if you get it.

Move on and enjoy your car man, I have zero intention of parting with my 2019 if that means anything to you lol - It's still an awesome car and if you want just get some lighter wheels to accomplish the biggest gains of the LE.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got completely screwed by Apple Tree Honda in Asheville North Carolina. I agreed to put down a deposit today, and when I called this morning I was surprised to hear that my salesman "JR" was out today because he did not mention that he would be yesterday.

After not hearing back from anyone at the dealership to put my deposit down, I finally got a hold of a salesman who said they sold the car to someone else this morning.

Thank god I haven't done the paperwork to sell my car to Vroom, I would be livid. Looks like I won't be getting into the LE after all, or at least, probably not.

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Sorry to hear this! Sounds like the sales person didn’t handle this well internally or the dealer decided to cash in more. Keep at it—you will find one. Try to deal with the sales manager or GM only when possible.
I just got completely screwed by Apple Tree Honda in Asheville North Carolina. I agreed to put down a deposit today, and when I called this morning I was surprised to hear that my salesman "JR" was out today because he did not mention that he would be yesterday.

After not hearing back from anyone at the dealership to put my deposit down, I finally got a hold of a salesman who said they sold the car to someone else this morning.

Thank god I haven't done the paperwork to sell my car to Vroom, I would be livid. Looks like I won't be getting into the LE after all, or at least, probably not.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Sorry to hear this! Sounds like the sales person didn’t handle this well internally or the dealer decided to cash in more. Keep at it—you will find one. Try to deal with the sales manager or GM only when possible.
I agree I pretty much deal straight with the sales manager on any car purchase. Plus I get a signed buyers order with the deposit.

Last edited:

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag

Nothing at a dealer is ever real unless you have it in writing, sorry man.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can't believe it, but I actually landed the LE here in FL, put a deposit down today and pick it up Friday night. Yes I did indeed pay mark up to my soul's dismay ($5k). Getting $35k trade in value on my 2019 18k mile stock CTR (Vroom had offered me $37,699, so this is about the same price when factoring in tax savings).

Will post more photos once it's in my possession, but for now, here is my brand new LE USA-#367

Edit: dealer moved the vehicle into the shop garage after these photos were taken and provided photos as proof!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R LE Transit and Dealer spreadsheet IMG_9598

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
I can't believe it, but I actually landed the LE here in FL, put a deposit down today and pick it up Friday night. Yes I did indeed pay mark up to my soul's dismay ($5k). Getting $35k trade in value on my 2019 18k mile stock CTR (Vroom had offered me $37,699, so this is about the same price when factoring in tax savings).

Will post more photos once it's in my possession, but for now, here is my brand new LE USA-#367

Edit: dealer moved the vehicle into the shop garage after these photos were taken and provided photos as proof!

IMG_9598.jpg
Congrats! Let us know if you can tell the difference in terms of driving between the 2019 CTR and 2021 LE.