2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I ordered a grill from ebay that was supposed to fit a 2019 HB sport, and took the bumper off just to find out that it wouldn't fit and had to keep the stock grill on. Everything on ebay is either 2016-2018 or 2019-2020. I ordered this one and it was a no go. Before I order a different one, I want to be sure it will fit.

I'm now looking at this or badgeless and just zip tying a badge on . According to hondaparts now, the 2018 and 2019 have the same grill part number 71121TGGA01 but I cant find an ebay post that explicitly states it will be a direct replacement for that part number. Not looking forward to taking the bumper off again, so I want to be absolutely sure I order the correct grill.
Sponsored

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
I ordered a grill from ebay that was supposed to fit a 2019 HB sport, and took the bumper off just to find out that it wouldn't fit and had to keep the stock grill on. Everything on ebay is either 2016-2018 or 2019-2020. I ordered this one and it was a no go. Before I order a different one, I want to be sure it will fit.

I'm now looking at this or badgeless and just zip tying a badge on . According to hondaparts now, the 2018 and 2019 have the same grill part number 71121TGGA01 but I cant find an ebay post that explicitly states it will be a direct replacement for that part number. Not looking forward to taking the bumper off again, so I want to be absolutely sure I order the correct grill.
From experience, swapping several friends and acquaintances grilles (si/sport/sedan 2016-2020) I've never come across a compatibility issue. And I don't mean to devalue your hardship; some of the ebay grilles I've installed were a rough fit. I.e., the front beak curve did not properly contour the bumper so the upper portion bowed out. I've tried using a heat gun to massage the area but would not recommend it. The plastic they use to mold the grille easily cracks. Heating up the plastic can also blemish the gloss finish even if heating from the backside.

On ebay there are a lot of vendors that split up the years for some odd reason. Could be just for search tags. I understand the manufacturer parts numbers can vary through the years but feature different accent combinations (flat/chrome/gloss).

I have a 2018 Sport with the same grille you tagged from ebay. It fit ok, but needed modification. The female screw holes needed to be bored out to fit the oem screw. I bought 3 of these grilles from 3 different vendors and they all include a backing to anchor an emblem. The ebay seller's link you provided has the emblem backing area photoshopped out. Shoot them a message to confirm if that area is ported or if it features a backing for an emblem. One of the grilles I purchased included a red emblem despite the ad depicting one was not included. LOL.

The image below is for the Honda OEM emblem that fits this grille style. It was confirmed several years prior by ProCivic when they sold an identical grille before ebay started spamming it.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill PXL_20210307_074500271

When porting the grille screw hole I used a cardboard piece underneath the drilling area to prevent scoring.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill IMG_20190303_142623

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill IMG_20190303_143117

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill IMG_20190303_142630

Installed grille with Honda OEM badge. Keep in mind you may need to glue the emblem pegs to the grille female holes if it is a loose fit. 2 out of the 3 grilles I installed needed 3m double stick tape and/or bonding glue.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Hatchback sport ebay grill plateblur

Feel free to message me if you are experiencing any further issues or have questions.

OP
OP
Gherbo23

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
From experience, swapping several friends and acquaintances grilles (si/sport/sedan 2016-2020) I've never come across a compatibility issue. And I don't mean to devalue your hardship; some of the ebay grilles I've installed were a rough fit. I.e., the front beak curve did not properly contour the bumper so the upper portion bowed out. I've tried using a heat gun to massage the area but would not recommend it. The plastic they use to mold the grille easily cracks. Heating up the plastic can also blemish the gloss finish even if heating from the backside.

On ebay there are a lot of vendors that split up the years for some odd reason. Could be just for search tags. I understand the manufacturer parts numbers can vary through the years but feature different accent combinations (flat/chrome/gloss).

I have a 2018 Sport with the same grille you tagged from ebay. It fit ok, but needed modification. The female screw holes needed to be bored out to fit the oem screw. I bought 3 of these grilles from 3 different vendors and they all include a backing to anchor an emblem. The ebay seller's link you provided has the emblem backing area photoshopped out.
wow thanks for the very detailed post! I think that if I really sat there and forced it to fit, it might have fit, but I wasn’t satisfied with the way it sat so just tossed my oe back on. My cars getting wrapped right now so kind of disappointed that I have to take the bumper off again and potentially damage the wrap, but I’ll wait till I have a FMIC to do at the same time. This definitely helped me out a ton, and wasn’t aware that they will come with emblem mounts. Most of the part numbers they say they’re compatible with on eBay are the coupes and sedans, so I was thinking maybe the hatch had a different grill in terms of mounting and screw holes. Thanks again man, appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed post with photos like that

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
wow thanks for the very detailed post! I think that if I really sat there and forced it to fit, it might have fit, but I wasn’t satisfied with the way it sat so just tossed my oe back on. My cars getting wrapped right now so kind of disappointed that I have to take the bumper off again and potentially damage the wrap, but I’ll wait till I have a FMIC to do at the same time. This definitely helped me out a ton, and wasn’t aware that they will come with emblem mounts. Most of the part numbers they say they’re compatible with on eBay are the coupes and sedans, so I was thinking maybe the hatch had a different grill in terms of mounting and screw holes. Thanks again man, appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed post with photos like that
Oh yeah, the bumper is super flimsy when the grille is not installed. It can be a pain trying to support the bumper while setting the new grille in place. The grille definitely adds rigidity to the upper portion of the bumper.

No problem! Glad to share my experiences; happy moding friend!
Sponsored