Project Blackout.

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
Hey guys! Finally a sunny, not too hot day here in Oregon. I am dipping the side chrome and front grill as we speak! Here are progress pictures. Have a great day!
20160127_142925.jpg
20160127_140113.jpg
20160127_133449.jpg
Looks great! Hows the chrome above the window holding up?
Sponsored

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think anyone has posted any pics of black on black on black on black. So here's mine!
Looks like what i'd imagine the "Sport" version of the Civic would look like.. lookin' good! Love how you left the Honda badge alone.. I think the car looks very OEM the way you did it..

anckentucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
er paint was $9 plus two hours of careful work.
Wheels and tires were $1447 at Discount Tire
Konig Wheels 8.5 19 with a 45mm offset
Motivo Tires 235/35/R19
Window Tint was $140
Stereo was $650 to include JL 12" sub with Fosgate Amp

I sold my factory wheels and tires for $800 out the door on Craig's list to a guy who had an 2014 LX. He was very happy with his new look as well.

The total for the mods was $2213. After I sold the factory wheels and tires, I have the perfect car for $1413.

I loose about 20% in ride comfort and road noise with the wider/low profile tires and it took about 1 hour for me to figure out how to re-calibrate the tire sensors (TPMS) but all is well! The speedometer is off by 1 mph when compared to my speedo app.
20160111_083558.jpg
20160111_083519.jpg
Man I knew someone would beat me to the punch with this theme. Really love those rims, may have to get them for myself.

JoeNeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are black plastidipped rims in the future as well? Or just new black rims altogether?

I can't decide if I want to 'blue' or 'chrome' over the window dividers. I know they're going to fade eventually so I'd like to prevent that.

I don't recommend the plastidip for the turbo rims.
Honestly the only reason they are presentable is because they are two tone.
Once they are one color they look super weird.

corbett90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Not going to lie... I just read through all 4 pages of yalls posts and I can't wait to plasti-dip the car. How's everyone's plastidip holding up? I used to own a chevy silverado and had plasti dipped the front but from driving on the interstate so much with bugs and rocks just constantly hitting the front end, the plasti dip didn't hold up terribly long. I mean it was still a good amount of time, over 6 months
20160127_152704.jpg
Minor set back. A peice of something got in my tacky dip on my driver side, had to start over. But! Coming along great. Any suggestions from the forum? It is a perfect day for a project here, was hoping to get a lot done. And thank you so much @Shnitzen Gruben !

Not going to lie... I just read through all 4 pages of yalls posts and I can't wait to plasti-dip the car. How's everyone's plastidip holding up? I used to own a chevy silverado and had plasti dipped the front but from driving on the interstate so much with bugs and rocks just constantly hitting the front end, the plasti dip didn't hold up terribly long. I mean it was still a good amount of time, over 6 months, and I only did about 4 coats of dip. Just checking in on seeing how well the plasti dip is holding up??

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
Not going to lie... I just read through all 4 pages of yalls posts and I can't wait to plasti-dip the car. How's everyone's plastidip holding up? I used to own a chevy silverado and had plasti dipped the front but from driving on the interstate so much with bugs and rocks just constantly hitting the front end, the plasti dip didn't hold up terribly long. I mean it was still a good amount of time, over 6 months, and I only did about 4 coats of dip. Just checking in on seeing how well the plasti dip is holding up??
Dipped mine for about 2 weeks now, looks the same. More coats you do the better.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! Sorry I have not been up to date on this thread. I have driven the car from Roseburg, Oregon all the way to Disneyland and back and all the dip is good as new! Holding up great even after multiple washes and bugs! I have a surprise in the near future for you blackout fans(Not sharing yet, want to be the first!). I hope to get a few things done on the car either Wednesday or Thursday as they are my days off. I will keep my progress updated!

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
P.S. INJEN intake may be in the near future! Waiting to see other intakes. Until next time, here are my blackout exhaust tips! The angle I took the picture makes them look crooked but I assure you, they are straight! Again I will hopefully have a surprise for you in a week or so. If I don't get back to you, it is because work is busy and I am going to watch my brother graduate basic for the Air force in Texas. See you soon!
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ethanhondati

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hope I'm not stealing your surprise thunder, Ethan, but has anyone thought about using plastidip on the underside of the car where the fuel tank is in the back? I think it's a little weird that you can see the light colored underside as I have a black EX-T.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope I'm not stealing your surprise thunder, Ethan, but has anyone thought about using plastidip on the underside of the car where the fuel tank is in the back? I think it's a little weird that you can see the light colored underside as I have a black EX-T.
I have not thought of that, but it is a good idea! It would most likely be a lot of work because you would have to clean it very well. I don't think heat would be an issue but I would have to go take a better look to make sure.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
P.S. INJEN intake may be in the near future! Waiting to see other intakes. Until next time, here are my blackout exhaust tips! The angle I took the picture makes them look crooked but I assure you, they are straight! Again I will hopefully have a surprise for you in a week or so. If I don't get back to you, it is because work is busy and I am going to watch my brother graduate basic for the Air force in Texas. See you soon!
ethanhondatip.jpg
What kind of exhaust tips are these?

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of exhaust tips are these?
I got them at a local Autozone. About $12 a piece. I also painted them a flat black with header paint to match everything else. Easy install.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
I got them at a local Autozone. About $12 a piece. I also painted them a flat black with header paint to match everything else. Easy install.
Looks good. Can you post a few more pictures and maybe from the side? Hopefully I can find similar ones, if not I'll try to get my relatives in Thailand to send some of the Thai OEM ones.
Sponsored