Project Blackout.

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO
Looks dope, I would possibly add the gloss finish to mine when I go to this project. Very dope look tho!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
This is what the chrome on the front looks like blacked out in the daytime. I still want to do the plastic under and above it to match. But it looks so much more aggressive now.

image.jpeg
That looks amazing. Exactly what I want it to look like. I think I might have the dealership pop them off for me so I can get it done front and back to hold really well. So mean looking!

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks dope, I would possibly add the gloss finish to mine when I go to this project. Very dope look tho!
I'm thinking about doing that after I finished the other two pieces and see what it looks like. If they have glossifier in stores I might be able to do it tonight

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking about doing that after I finished the other two pieces and see what it looks like. If they have glossifier in stores I might be able to do it tonight
Sweet! Definitely interested in the results!

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I redid the dip and added gloss to it, it looks almost the same maybe a little darker it seems but I like it. Also did the back as well.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Nice, how much dip did you end up using- I bought two cans today. Plan on doing the front and the chrome on sides and trunk. Think that'll be enough?

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice, how much dip did you end up using- I bought two cans today. Plan on doing the front and the chrome on sides and trunk. Think that'll be enough?
Should be enough I used about 1.5 cans for the front bumper chrome and rear and that includes spraying the front twice cause I peeled it off after the first 3 coats.

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be enough I used about 1.5 cans for the front bumper chrome and rear and that includes spraying the front twice cause I peeled it off after the first 3 coats.
Got it, thanks man

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you like the matted look i wouldnt add any glossifier. It makes it kinda sticky and looks more like a clearcoat thats never drying.
Ahh ok. I was actually gonna attempt the gloss after a day or two of having it just matte. Thats good to know, I def don't want it to look janky

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ahh ok. I was actually gonna attempt the gloss after a day or two of having it just matte. Thats good to know, I def don't want it to look janky
It might look better if you do it after it completely dries, I put it on probably about 15 minutes after the last coat of matte black that might be why it looks sticky.

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just a heads up if you haven't done it yet. I apparently didn't do enough coats that's why it didn't turn out the way I wanted, and also sprayed too far away on some coats. You're supposed to do 6 coats according to dipyourcar.com where as I only did 3 and didn't wait till they dried before putting on the next coat, I thought you were supposed to put the next coat on before it dried so when you remove the tape it wouldn't stick. So you might need some more plastidip to do it "right" I'm gonna redo it today, but 5 bucks isn't a big deal for another can.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to this forum but I am anxious for us to all share our ideas; so I am going to start my own thread.

So far I have not done a whole lot, but I might as well share as I go.
I have a 2016 Civic and is black in color. 1.5T.
We bought it for my girlfriend(Traded in our 2015 Jeep Renegade).

Here in the picture I have attached it shows I have already:
Taken the badging off the rear
Tinted the clear lenses
And also I have PlastiDipped the H emblem with black dip and a few coats of clear on top.
(Please ignore the stupid plate frames and inserts, they will be gone soon)
I have also blacked out the front side reflectors. I would share a picture but I drove my truck to work today.

I have a long way to go but it's a start. Hopefully we see some aftermarket accessories soon!

Excuse how dirty she is!
ethanciviv.jpg
Ethan, love the emblem. I have to do that for mine. I am on the same venture for my Civic. I thought I was almost done until I saw yours. How did you remove your Civic badge (dental floss)?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to this forum but I am anxious for us to all share our ideas; so I am going to start my own thread.

So far I have not done a whole lot, but I might as well share as I go.
I have a 2016 Civic and is black in color. 1.5T.
We bought it for my girlfriend(Traded in our 2015 Jeep Renegade).

Here in the picture I have attached it shows I have already:
Taken the badging off the rear
Tinted the clear lenses
And also I have PlastiDipped the H emblem with black dip and a few coats of clear on top.
(Please ignore the stupid plate frames and inserts, they will be gone soon)
I have also blacked out the front side reflectors. I would share a picture but I drove my truck to work today.

I have a long way to go but it's a start. Hopefully we see some aftermarket accessories soon!

Excuse how dirty she is!
ethanciviv.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
er paint was $9 plus two hours of careful work.
Wheels and tires were $1447 at Discount Tire
Konig Wheels 8.5 19 with a 45mm offset
Motivo Tires 235/35/R19
Window Tint was $140
Stereo was $650 to include JL 12" sub with Fosgate Amp

I sold my factory wheels and tires for $800 out the door on Craig's list to a guy who had an 2014 LX. He was very happy with his new look as well.

The total for the mods was $2213. After I sold the factory wheels and tires, I have the perfect car for $1413.

I loose about 20% in ride comfort and road noise with the wider/low profile tires and it took about 1 hour for me to figure out how to re-calibrate the tire sensors (TPMS) but all is well! The speedometer is off by 1 mph when compared to my speedo app.
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. 20160111_083558
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. 20160111_083519