kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
something like this maybe. what do yall think
Excuse my paint.exe edit photoshop is expired!
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. 1 x
Sponsored

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
something like this maybe. what do yall think
Excuse my paint.exe edit photoshop is expired!
1 x.jpg
I think that it would definitely look different and from what I can imagine it looking like(And those amazing photoshop skills you posted) I bet it would look mean!

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the texture of my plastidip is like sandpaper, did I do it wrong?
Not necessarily. It will start as a tacky fine grit sandpaper, and will eventually smooth out a bit and become less tacky with time. That was my experience at least

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
Not necessarily. It will start as a tacky fine grit sandpaper, and will eventually smooth out a bit and become less tacky with time. That was my experience at least
when you say with time, do you mean over the next few weeks, for every coat I spray on?

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when you say with time, do you mean over the next few weeks, for every coat I spray on?
Yes. On mine, I put on 5 coats about 15 minutes apart on one afternoon. It stayed a bit tacky for about 2-3 weeks until it was finally almost as smooth as the rest of the black plastic on the car. And by tacky, I mean rubbery/silicone feeling, not literally sticky.

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh ok, ill wait another week or so and see how it levels out. thanks. I wonder if I should paint the plastic under the chrome grill so there the exact same black and texture

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh ok, ill wait another week or so and see how it levels out. thanks. I wonder if I should paint the plastic under the chrome grill so there the exact same black and texture
Some people have, I personally didn't. You can see all the pics of my car in my garage, I think it looks identical.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The texture of plastidip is directly related to how far you spray it away from. It should say on the can which is which.

Spray a very thin coat to make the surface tacky (like a primer) and then spray coats. There's also clear coat plastidip if you want to go that far.

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe closer sprays will look better. but too close can make it look blotchy with dark spots right?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It's highly dependent on technique, but the stuff is self-levelling and self-healing, so there's no need to worry about spots; when it dries it'll level itself out so you won't have splotches (to a reasonable amount of course.)

Instructions are to spray from 4~5" away - closer + more coats = smoother.

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
I think my problem was spraying too close. I did 5 coats as well, used about a can and a half. But it's gonna have to do for now, honestly it doesn't really look bad or bother me. My wife even thought I bought the actual part in black. I'll probably respray it when I start seeing exposed chrome lol, it was such a bitch to mask!

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ima

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ima

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think my problem was spraying too close. I did 5 coats as well, used about a can and a half. But it's gonna have to do for now, honestly it doesn't really look bad or bother me. My wife even thought I bought the actual part in black. I'll probably respray it when I start seeing exposed chrome lol, it was such a bitch to mask!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Also a little trick that helps tremendously is to put the can in warm water for a few minutes before each coat.

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
Also a little trick that helps tremendously is to put the can in warm water for a few minutes before each coat.
That's what I get for being lazy. Also I didn't think it was necessary since it was fairly warm out at the time. I'll definitely do it next time

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! I have been really slacking on this thread lately and I am sorry. Life has been crazy and it is only getting crazier. Just an update, I got my LED blinkers with NO HYPERFLASH. They are nice and bright with a good clean color. They come through the rear tint very well and I am very happy. I also ordered LED fog lights and headlights. I am taking the front bumper off soon to measure up and see if I can work in a black Mishimoto intercooler and also take my headlights to get tinted black and also get my Dragon Laminites put over my fog lights. The pictures attached show the new blinkers and how I mounted them. You can use a zip tie or double sided tape to hold the decoder box in place but the box fit right into place for me! I hope to have updates on the car soon. Have a great day!
!
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ledbrakeinstall
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. eledblinkers