High speed "excitement"... cops were involved.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it happened. I don't drive fast all the time but from time to time I do like to push it hard on the highway and see what my tuned car can do.

The other day, I was coming home from work (I'm an essential worker) and my commute home featured a great opportunity to air it out. There were only a handful of cars out on the road.

Anyway seeing no one in front of me, I gave it some gas. I saw some guy in a black Chevy behind me speed up with me and I decided to floor it to zoom ahead. And then the oh shit moment happened. At nearly double the posted legal speed, that black car behind me flashed their lights and pulled me over. Mind you, I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 15 years but I never got one going this fast. I figured I was fucked.

So the guy comes over and I can see he's not a regular officer but a suit with the state police. He says "where were you going". I told him I was a first responder/essential worker going home after a shift. He says "OK, but 117 is a bit much don't you think"? I apologized. And then it happened.

"I'm not going to write you up today, but slow down and stay safe".

Needless to say I was happily shocked. Hmmm, maybe he likes 10th gen Civics? I was beyond lucky.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Got pretty lucky. Should buy a few lotto scratchers to see if the luck continues :p
Not a bad idea.

BTW, I've definitely been taking it slow since I got pulled over the other day. Priuses and Corollas are zooming by me like I'm standing still. :cool: I've been driving it in eco mode too (yuck).

Last edited:

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Haha, oh man, this sounds exactly like the experience I had a few months ago. I think it was either in North Carolina or Virginia as I was headed towards Washington DC.

Random car just starts tailgating me so I speed up. Before I know it we were at 100 and then he turns his lights on and pulled me over. He let me off with just a warning and said to slow down.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've gotten pretty lucky, though I'm pretty methodical on where and how I have fun. One time last summer I was leaving work and jump onto an exit. Normally I never go around blind curves fast, but it was a really fun exit, come blasting around the bend at around 95 where it opens up to a long straight downhill, and on that long straight there was a state trooper just sitting there hanging outside his explorer with a radar gun. I'm all beating my steering wheel like shit shit shit. I don't brake because what's the point? I just let off and let the air slow me down. Go by him still around 70 and he doesn't do as much as glance in my direction one bit. I was thoroughly confused.

I've come rolling up on them going wayy too fast a bunch of times, but I spot something that differentiates them from a normal car. Like how their explorers don't have that roof trim along the sides, tahoes that are lower than usual, or something easy like a light bar in the back glass, or a reflective marker. Military training paid off for something LOL. We had to go over vehicle identification for hours on end to identify stuff from long distances and poor visibility to identify friend from foe.

My radar detector has saved me enough to warrant the $650 price of it and I only got mine within the past 5 months.

Stay frosty!

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Well, it happened. I don't drive fast all the time but from time to time I do like to push it hard on the highway and see what my tuned car can do.

The other day, I was coming home from work (I'm an essential worker) and my commute home featured a great opportunity to air it out. There were only a handful of cars out on the road.

Anyway seeing no one in front of me, I gave it some gas. I saw some guy in a black Chevy behind me speed up with me and I decided to floor it to zoom ahead. And then the oh shit moment happened. At nearly double the posted legal speed, that black car behind me flashed their lights and pulled me over. Mind you, I haven't had a speeding ticket in over 15 years but I never got one going this fast. I figured I was fucked.

So the guy comes over and I can see he's not a regular officer but a suit with the state police. He says "where were you going". I told him I was a first responder/essential worker going home after a shift. He says "OK, but 117 is a bit much don't you think"? I apologized. And then it happened.

"I'm not going to write you up today, but slow down and stay safe".

Needless to say I was happily shocked. Hmmm, maybe he likes 10th gen Civics? I was beyond lucky.

bruh why you going so fast..lol

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta watch out for those murdered out Chevy, Ford or Dodge SUV's or Dodge Chargers Ford Taurus's. If I see any of those, I'm examining them for extra antennas, stealth lights in the grill or inside the wind screen and those silver centered wheels. That's the give away they all have those
Wheels, If see any of them I move out of their way and let them pass.
I HATE black Ford Explorers for this reason.
Know your enemy....

Honda Civic 10th gen High speed "excitement"... cops were involved. 1588364263344
Honda Civic 10th gen High speed "excitement"... cops were involved. 1588364291228
Honda Civic 10th gen High speed "excitement"... cops were involved. 1588364344818
Honda Civic 10th gen High speed "excitement"... cops were involved. 1588364407941

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yet another incident where a dash cam would have been nice!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta remember that cop cars don't need mass antennas anymore. You just can't tell. Also, they seem to be catching more and more cop impersonators.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Usually if I notice a car coming up from behind I’ll slow down and let them pass so I can get a good look at them. The faster they come up on me the more suspicious I’ll be. If they aren’t police and If they are really getting on it a lot of times I’ll let them take the lead so they can worry about any upcoming traps and I’ll watch my 6.

I’m much more likely to get caught on city streets when I don’t have my guard up because I don’t think I’m going that fast but I’m doing 50 in a 35 or something.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Not a bad idea.

BTW, I've definitely been taking it slow since I got pulled over the other day. Priuses and Corollas are zooming by me like I'm standing still. :cool: I've been driving it in eco mode too (yuck).
Why would you drive in eco mode? It’s still fun to accelerate to the speed limit quickly. ?

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There goes the rest of your luck for 2020! Got pulled by a state trooper one time on my way to work on the bike. Clocked me 87 in a 55, just wrote me a ticket to pay online...90 clams. Could've impounded the bike, boy am I lucky. State troopers are usually nicer from what I've seen when it comes to tickets depending if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Or rather if you have a clean record.
-
Usually if I notice a car coming up from behind I’ll slow down and let them pass so I can get a good look at them. The faster they come up on me the more suspicious I’ll be. If they aren’t police and If they are really getting on it a lot of times I’ll let them take the lead so they can worry about any upcoming traps and I’ll watch my 6.

I’m much more likely to get caught on city streets when I don’t have my guard up because I don’t think I’m going that fast but I’m doing 50 in a 35 or something.
That was me a couple times on my way to work on the freeway. 5am on cruise control cruising at 75 (limit is 65) in the right lane. I see lights just GAINING, and then it just stays behind me. Couple miles later, the car just rolls in the left and goes off, I then peeped the "state trooper" decal on the side. BOYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
-
Gotta watch out for those murdered out Chevy, Ford or Dodge SUV's or Dodge Chargers Ford Taurus's. If I see any of those, I'm examining them for extra antennas, stealth lights in the grill or inside the wind screen and those silver centered wheels. That's the give away they all have those
Know your enemy....

1588364263344.png
1588364291228.png
1588364344818.png
1588364407941.png
"Sometimes" they're in the white explore which is rare. One was on my tail, and put his lights on. Reason was..."I couldn't read you plate". Granted I was on the bike. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dc0321

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport
Country flag

NYC is becoming like communist china,speed cameras everywhere.more and more new ones every day.cant even go into 3rd gear n boost without the risk of a ticket .i have Waze on all the time but the new ones might take a few days to get added in.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I make sure to pass any car regularly to get a good look at it before I try something silly. If I see a car fly up on me, i'll just let them by. Def don't want to just send it if someone flies up "testing you" lol. The piggy explorers are really easy to spot from just the roofline. If they're behind you at night it's not so easy, you can catch a glimpse of it if it passes under a streetlight.

Here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, the MVA and BWI both have shuttle cars which are the new Taurus with the steel wheels (and silver cap) and spot light, those are the most annoying. Though they are usually very easy to pick up since they all drive at or under the speed limit.

If I ever have the great misfortune of having to work in D.C., it's like the Wild Wild West for traffic there. People drive like maniacs, speeding, cutting in and out of lanes, no regard for others. The DC metro police won't do a damn thing either. Theres been countless times I've watched someone hauling ass, passing and weaving around them and they just ignore it. Which I guess is a good thing since if they go chasing them down and pulling them over it will make the horrendous traffic even worse. Cities are the cesspool of human civilization, I don't get why anyone would want to live there.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Know your enemy....

1588364263344.png
1588364291228.png
1588364344818.png
1588364407941.png
For Arizona state police, it's mostly unmarked silver and white Explorers to watch out for, but they also have a whole fleet of unmarked F-150's in every color of the rainbow, and I saw something that made my blood run cold while passing the scene of a wreck on the side of the freeway several months ago....an unmarked Toyota Camry. That thing was lit up like a christmas tree, and it scared the F out of me that they have unmarked cars that are so common.