Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FC1/FC3 Civic Si. Available now!

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got my Track Edition installed! Put about a hundred or so miles on it, absolutely LOVING it so far! The track edition has similar drone to my muffler delete, which is nice because I know how to avoid it if I want. Primarily on decel, not bad on acceleration. Had an extra piece at the shop, but that's a lengthening piece for the Sedans, clearly spelled out in AWE's instructions. Still had a tac weld dot on the tip adapter to prevent roll, but the clamps and hardware look very sturdy and durable, it was probably overkill.

If you don't have close neighbors or have cool ones, the startup noise while warming up isn't bad. Two-step through K-Tuner is noticably, 200% better compared to muffler delete, let alone stock. I can say the Track Edition with a stock downpipe probably won't get you in trouble.

Girlfriend Approved©®™! She "hates loud cars", but she actually likes that this one is louder because of the acoustics, and a family trip with someone in the back had no complaints.

I've got my before video shot, with two-steps at 3k, 3.5k, 4k, 4.5k, a launch, a drive-by, and a drive-by with a neutral/clutch rev. I'll replicate that video in the same style and location with the same equipment so y'all can compare to a muffler delete. See you soon!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
they're even. just looks off because of the driveway crease.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Got the chance to install the Touring version with Diamond Black Triple Tips on Saturday! Will advise that the box could have fit in my Sedan if it weren't for my Ultra Racing Trunk Brace that blocks the pass-through partially. Not a problem, just unpacked and wrapped up the individual pieces with the packing material.

The quality... welds were thick and well done so I can't ever see any cracks happening for the life of the car under normal circumstances. We took off the Invidia R400, and the 27won Front Pipe as well because AWE provides their own 3" front pipe that mates with the full 3" exhaust. I'll let @Josh/AWE share why they went 3" over smaller diameter if it hasn't been shared before, but man oh man is it a beefy looking exhaust from underneath!

The sound quality... I liked the Invidia but it felt a bit too muffled all the time. Having experienced AWE systems in the past I knew their trick 180 Technology mufflers are as close as you can get that's similar to a non-valved exhaust. AWE does have a valved system called "SwitchPath", but that's not available yet at least for Honda. What I mean is that even with my 27won Catted DP I can maintain an RPM and throttle position that will make the car near silent, but with the flex of a toe you can really get it to open! My favorite part is that the tone is clean at any RPM, and not-tractor sounding like a regular muffler delete which I had in the past. When you go WOT, the hairs on the back of your neck will rise because I haven't heard any 10th Gen exhaust sound like this to date! It's a wild howl without any perceivable rasp!! :spaz: Time your shift properly and you'll get a loud backfire, and speaking of backfires I was giggling just hearing very pronounced ones during casual upshifts and downshifts on the highway!

Overall, I'm super happy with the exhaust, AWE's customer service, and look forward to the weather clearing up so I can take some proper videos.

IMG_20191121_153217.jpg
IMG_20191130_150520.jpg

Yes, I have the Dual and Triple Tips. I will be returning the Dual Tips to AWE after taking pictures. The tips are individual and can be lined up to sit far back or sticking out, with forks provided for each setups. Durable clamps included. In the picture above (standing vertically above the muffler and below the front pipe) you can see an extending piece that makes the system compatible for the longer sedan vs. Coupe.
IMG_20191130_150142.jpg
IMG_20191130_150307.jpg

Stock 2" FP vs. 27won Polished 2.5" FP vs. AWE 3" FP
IMG_20191130_161726.jpg

Remember, you need your metal gasket from your OEM front pipe. I had to make a trip home to get it once I realized it's not included and my 27won FP has different style gaskets.
IMG_20191130_161540.jpg

Spot on fitment with the 27won Catted DP. I have a 27won RMM that I removed for the winter. A 3" FP still offers decent clearance to tighten / loosen the RMM.
IMG_20191130_164312.jpg

Everything lined up perfectly, and got the tips adjusted to the amount that I wanted - AWE logo on top peeks out a little. The first picture below shows the muffler a little tilted but that was prior to final fitting. I really like how AWE includes little locking gromets that hold the exhaust in position once tightened on the hangers.
IMG_20191130_172057 (1).jpg
IMG_20191130_173909.jpg
IMG_20191130_174009.jpg

We've had really crappy weather this week, and I'm very late to deciding if I should store the car or winter it. Decided to Winter the car, now I just have to catch the slightest of clear weather for pictures, videos, and of course a winter wheel and tire setup. More updates to come :)
Lookin' good, fella!

3" diameter on a turbo charged vehicle is a must. You can't have too much flow. If a model will accept proper 3" stainless with a .065" wall thickness, we do it and do it properly. More bends, less welds. Slip-fit junctions, robust packing material where applicable (in this case, the mid pipe resonator). Patented drone-canceling technology that actually works, isn't ridiculously heavy, and comes complete with a design that isn't influenced by material temperatures like side branch configurations. 100% made in PA. No compromises for you folks. :beer:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
oh yes. I haven't put many miles on it yet but so far it sounds great! no drone and some nice bubbly sounds when lifting off throttle.
I love the burbles too.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
With what would you suggest i clean the black tips?
Soap and warm water to break up the soot, then top with blue magic polish. #400 will do well.

Don't use anything abrasive to scrub/wipe.

We'll also be releasing a tip polish soon :)

Last edited:

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
MINE GETS HERE TOMORROW ZOMG.

I ended up buying a PRL front pipe before I decided to go with AWE. I was gonna return it (it's brand new and flawless, never used) but I might just sell it. The AWE exhaust goes all the way to (and mates with) the factory downpipe, correct?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
MINE GETS HERE TOMORROW ZOMG.

I ended up buying a PRL front pipe before I decided to go with AWE. I was gonna return it (it's brand new and flawless, never used) but I might just sell it. The AWE exhaust goes all the way to (and mates with) the factory downpipe, correct?
Yep, that is correct.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
As promised, here's the comparison of the muffler delete and Track Edition, using the same phone at the same location. The full sound doesn't come through without headphones, so I'd recommend that. Also my phone's dual mics balance a bit more towards tinny/raspy noises, my ears don't hear as much rasp on either setup.

Before:

After:

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I LOVE MY AWE TOURING EXHAUST ❤ oh man, worth every dollar. And it was the first exhaust system I've ever installed by myself, with nobody helping. It's super easy to do if you take your time, and might I add, by the time I got to that lollipop it was the sweetest lollipop I've ever had haha.

I'd suggest doing the downpipe at the same time if you're doing both because that front pipe is a PITA, and that little bit of empty space helped a ton. But the rest was seriously easy. Took me about 4 hours to swap out the downpipe... Another 2 hours for the rest of the exhaust. And the sound is so good!
Sponsored