Borla exhaust now available for coupe only Si

Apone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC-F
Country flag
I had a Borla on my RCF and it was LOUD. Too loud in the end for me. The upper range made a beautiful sound and the downshift was to die for but the cold start was aggressive in the early morning and the low rev range was plain too loud. Want to pass a Prius? Sounds like you are bullying the poor thing. It also attracted every cop for a mile even when not driving too hard. I had a valved axle section put on that I can open and close, now I can floor it with at a lower profile. Sounds more like a stock AMG now.

I say all that to say, it's hard to judge online what an exhaust sounds like and how loud it is. I obsessed over it and still got it wrong. Try to hear one in person if you can or just be sure you can live with loud.
Sponsored

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've owned a Borla exhaust on 2 of my previous vehicles and have been extremely happy with both of them. I agree the price is steep but I'm still tempted. Every time I try another exhaust manufacturer (I have a Greddy exhaust currently on my car) I am disappointed by the drone and general lack of refinement in the sound.
Greddy SP sounds good but it seems to be missing the mid notes and so it sounds a bit hollow and empty. TBH a lot of these systems are sounding pretty good, I think it’s best if I could hear these systems live.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Weights of exhausts-
Stock-41lbs
Greddy-44
MAP Stealth-43
MAP Street-37
MAP Race-32
Magnaflow-38
HKS Hi-power-36
Invidia Gemini-?
Invidia R400-?
Borla-26

While the Borla is probably one of the more expensive aftermarket exhaust on the market, but from what I can find, it might be one of the lightest. $1200 is a bit steep though considering the Borla for the Hatchback Sport is $850. Give it a year or so when other dealers start getting them in stock. They will eventually have them discounted like many of the other aftermarket exhausts on their websites.

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I had Borla on the last 3 of my Hondas. I liked them all. The '07 was paired with a Comtech header. It sounded good but there was some interior drone. I miss that car.

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I've yet to install my 27WON exhaust but I wouldn't have any concerns about their reputation, quality, or customer service. I've yet to hear a bad thing about them. The exhaust is a work of art and specifically tuned for the L15 platform. The Borla sounds nice (I considered the sport hatch model too) but ultimately went 27WON. I'm sure @Vincent@27WON could answer any questions you have
I'd probably give 27Won a shot if I was currently looking for an exhaust purely because they're in my home town.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd probably give 27Won a shot if I was currently looking for an exhaust purely because they're in my home town.
27Won is super nice and seems very refined in terms of sound. From the sound clips I’ve listened to, 27Won has a more... smoother sound (less rasp I think?).

Borla definitely sounds more frantic and like a high end motorcycle in my opinion which I’m starting to like (don’t think it’s realistic to expect a crazy deep exhaust note from a 4 banger). Borla also posted that the average dBs rating for their system is around 89-90dBs, with 27Won = 86dBs.

I like 27Won’s tips and the drone cancellation resonators, but I’ve been starting to lean towards Borla even though I’m not a fan of dual tips. Such a tough decision... first word problems indeed.
Sponsored