1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic?

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I'm using wayyyy too much gas!

To be clear, the car has amazing fuel economy. I just can't stop driving it!

It's my first Honda, and boy am I loving this manual gearbox compared to the stick shift in my previous vehicle, a 2010 Ford Fusion. I'm still in my honey moon phase with the Civic though...maybe I'll get bored eventually?
Eventually you will but luckily there's plenty of aftermarket parts readily available in ONT so you can always spice things up again.
Sponsored

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
The walk-away and timed auto locking feature. It's good, except for ONE thing.

1. still unloading the trunk or whatever after parking. It will auto-lock then give 3 loud HONKS every, single, time.

2. Another theone is Car will go full on alarm honking, LOUDLY when the interior light is ever left on with alarm activated. I hate this feature as I'm sure my neighbors do too. Stupid stupid stupid.

The thing is this car HAS the electronic "beep" sound. Why use the freakin horn. Wow.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THESE? I hope I'm the stupid one and there is really a solution. I loved Honda, but now it's pronounced HonDuh in my head.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The walk-away and timed auto locking feature. It's good, except for ONE thing.

1. still unloading the trunk or whatever after parking. It will auto-lock then give 3 loud HONKS every, single, time.

2. Another theone is Car will go full on alarm honking, LOUDLY when the interior light is ever left on with alarm activated. I hate this feature as I'm sure my neighbors do too. Stupid stupid stupid.

The thing is this car HAS the electronic "beep" sound. Why use the freakin horn. Wow.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THESE? I hope I'm the stupid one and there is really a solution. I loved Honda, but now it's pronounced HonDuh in my head.
That sounds like an aftermarket alarm set up. Unless they've changed it since 2016. I can leave my interior lights on and they'll shut off once the car goes to sleep. It never sets up the alarm. I just have the beep, not the horn.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
It's Honda's "factory alarm" aka KARR. I've owned Hondas with KARR back early this century. Never had this issue and cant find anything in either manuals.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It's Honda's "factory alarm" aka KARR. I've owned Hondas with KARR back early this century. Never had this issue and cant find anything in either manuals.
Well, something is broken in your car and if the "one thing you hate about your 10th get civic" is the thing that's broken, I'feel your pain.

I never ever had my car honk at me since I bought it about 20 months ago.

So what did the dealer service say when you asked them to fix it?

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
The metal sheets used on the body parts are so thin on cars these days.
This
A local guy was installing sound deadener in the area above his coupe's rear wheel wells and dented the body panels outward. I watched him installing and he did everything right, used a roller and gentle pressure, still pushed the metal out enough to make a permanent dent/crease. No bueno

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Radio has started turning off when i turn a corner. What??????????

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This
A local guy was installing sound deadener in the area above his coupe's rear wheel wells and dented the body panels outward. I watched him installing and he did everything right, used a roller and gentle pressure, still pushed the metal out enough to make a permanent dent/crease. No bueno
No kidding. Someone noticed the pillar C on his sedan has dent or pop when doing normal driving.

Eli Bax
Conversation Starter · September 24 at 1:36 AM
Has anyone else noticed their roof poping and denting when driving?! It will dent/pop out on turns or just driving. Really annoying for a 2 year old car.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 thing you hate about your 10th gen civic? UBu6MI1k7fvJTgG5lo4e1XEbnBBD8HzODc6VT465qaAUy00PbXd99_M3unRjB75nvteeBjt&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul16-1