First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Chapter 15 - Meet and greet!

Let me just start off by saying that a huge part of owning a car is the community that comes with it. With that said, I couldn't be any happier with the friends I've made since buying this car.

Our local nor cal chapter is comprised of a bunch of rowdy but track oriented and friendly enthusiasts. Aside from kicking it at the track, we figured it'd be nice to set up a meet at my restaurant this past weekend so that we can meet some more fellow owners. What started off as a simple and small lunch, turned into a giant 45+ car meet complete with a full on photo session at the local naval base.

It was amazing to be able to meet all the owners as well as see all the unique builds.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street pfMs1

Ariel shot of all our cars and the respective owners standing beside their cars. haha.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street FuN5vk

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 7fmiRa

BAW club shot (with honorary member Miguel). lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 3wsEjM

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Chapter 15 - Meet and greet!

Let me just start off by saying that a huge part of owning a car is the community that comes with it. With that said, I couldn't be any happier with the friends I've made since buying this car.

Our local nor cal chapter is comprised of a bunch of rowdy but track oriented and friendly enthusiasts. Aside from kicking it at the track, we figured it'd be nice to set up a meet at my restaurant this past weekend so that we can meet some more fellow owners. What started off as a simple and small lunch, turned into a giant 45+ car meet complete with a full on photo session at the local naval base.

It was amazing to be able to meet all the owners as well as see all the unique builds.

pfMs1j.jpg

Ariel shot of all our cars and the respective owners standing beside their cars. haha.

FuN5vk.jpg

7fmiRa.jpg

BAW club shot (with honorary member Miguel). lol.

3wsEjM.jpg
I really missed out.... :/

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 16 - Wrap

I don't know why I always do this.... I go back and forth on what color car I want to buy. End up buying black. Wash the car a couple of times. And then wrap the thing some shade of grey. haha.

Anyways, I finally had some time to make an appointment to have the car wrapped. Ended up going with something a little bit "brighter" this time around as I wanted to offset a lot of the pieces i had added to the car (especially the carbon).

Went with a porsche color. Chalk white.

The wrap has a unique quality to it. Depending on the lighting, the wrap will sort of exhibit different colors. In brighter settings, the car looks really white and in darker settings, the wrap will look more grey. Perhaps a easier way to describe it would be to say it's kind of like nardo grey except a tint lighter. Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street sTOUAx

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street ta3gnZ

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street tn44qA

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street j1mRv

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 0BbnwO

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street wHiiD4

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street zGcov5

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street XJSQ6A

Last edited:
OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chapter 17 - August 11, 2019 - Thunderhill East Cyclone track day

One of my friends just picked up his 991.2 GT3 and was itching for a track day. We both knew it was going to be hot as hell but it's a freakin track day... so who can say no? haha.

Since my friend has only ran with this group once before, they put him in the point by group. I signed up in both open and point by so that I could run with him and try to lay down some times in the open group.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 13agym

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street Y9jrYE

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street msTz14

Was having fun dicing it up when shortly after I felt like the car wasn't running too well. Looked down to see a temperature warning saying that the car was overheating. Greattttttt ... what now. lol. Ended up removing the driver side grill and foglight to try to get some more air flowing into my oil cooler.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street t655L4

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street R9LnB1

Went back out. Got the same warning about 5 laps in. Was also warned by the track marshals that my front splitter was dragging on the track.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street bJBDWu

Pulled in, let the car cool down and attempted to rebleed my coolant system. Not sure if it helped or not but ended up being able to do another 7 laps or so before the car overheated. Kind of a good thing because at this point the splitter had broken three tabs and the whole bumper was really sagging.

Decided to call it a day before I wouldn't even be able to drive home. lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street R9WFX0

Overall I was pretty disappointed with how the day turned out. I ended up with a time of 2.10 which wasn't bad but also nowhere near my pb at this track. Very frustrating as I was really looking forward to seeing what this car is capable of. Even more frustrating was the fact that I now had to order ANOTHER bumper to paint and wrap because the splitter had damaged it. Ended up zip tying everything and drove home.

Oh well... time to go home, fix everything and come back faster and stronger. lol.

Next up on the car:

- Fix front bumper (again)
- New oil cooler kit - going to switch from my USR one to the Greddy one.
- Rebleed the coolant system
- My hood is finally here so we're going to vent that stuff out.
- Chassis mounted splitter
- catted PRL front pipe
- Sirimoto FF kit

Some pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street V6H0VR

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street DzCfO3

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street eLzWlw

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street fcrtYQ

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street SPh3Lk

View attachment 168752

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Chapter 17 - August 11, 2019 - Thunderhill East Cyclone track day

One of my friends just picked up his 991.2 GT3 and was itching for a track day. We both knew it was going to be hot as hell but it's a freakin track day... so who can say no? haha.

Since my friend has only ran with this group once before, they put him in the point by group. I signed up in both open and point by so that I could run with him and try to lay down some times in the open group.

13agym.jpg

Y9jrYE.jpg

msTz14.jpg

Was having fun dicing it up when shortly after I felt like the car wasn't running too well. Looked down to see a temperature warning saying that the car was overheating. Greattttttt ... what now. lol. Ended up removing the driver side grill and foglight to try to get some more air flowing into my oil cooler.

t655L4.jpg

R9LnB1.jpg

Went back out. Got the same warning about 5 laps in. Was also warned by the track marshals that my front splitter was dragging on the track.

bJBDWu.jpg

Pulled in, let the car cool down and attempted to rebleed my coolant system. Not sure if it helped or not but ended up being able to do another 7 laps or so before the car overheated. Kind of a good thing because at this point the splitter had broken three tabs and the whole bumper was really sagging.

Decided to call it a day before I wouldn't even be able to drive home. lol.

R9WFX0.jpg

Overall I was pretty disappointed with how the day turned out. I ended up with a time of 2.10 which wasn't bad but also nowhere near my pb at this track. Very frustrating as I was really looking forward to seeing what this car is capable of. Even more frustrating was the fact that I now had to order ANOTHER bumper to paint and wrap because the splitter had damaged it. Ended up zip tying everything and drove home.

Oh well... time to go home, fix everything and come back faster and stronger. lol.

Next up on the car:

- Fix front bumper (again)
- Rebleed the coolant system
- My hood is finally here so we're going to vent that stuff out.
- Chassis mounted splitter
- catted PRL front pipe
- Sirimoto FF kit

Some pics:

V6H0VR.jpg

DzCfO3.jpg

eLzWlw.jpg

fcrtYQ.jpg

SPh3Lk.jpg

View attachment 168752
dang! just no luck with that bumper...previously it was a road kill that cause the damage, now it's the high down force. Hope this shitty luck change fro you soon.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That is a great color. Looks so much better than the black imo.

Just curious on why you are going with the greddy oil cooler? Have you looked into the HKS?
I'm going to be getting an oil cooler in the near future and i keep going back and forth between hks and the greddy.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try removing the rear hood seal (in front of wipers) and engine compartment side panels (from Amazon). Made a difference for me even on daily driving. Engine doesn’t feel as hot after driving.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Try removing the rear hood seal (in front of wipers) and engine compartment side panels (from Amazon). Made a difference for me even on daily driving. Engine doesn’t feel as hot after driving.
sorry brother man...any chance you have pictures?
Sponsored