What did you pay?

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Have any Americans looked into purchasing a Civic in Canada?

With the current exchange rate, it could work out to be significantly cheaper.

People are getting touring trims for about $30k CDN total which is about $23,300USD. And that $30k total is also considering a 13% tax rate. I am not sure how the tax would work if you are not registering it for the road in whatever province you purchase in. Could work out to be even cheaper for you.
Sponsored

carazvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Did you have to travel far to get this deal or was it near you? Any advice for someone in the east coast?
Both were pretty much in my area so it was good in that sense.

I'd say get internet quotes from dealers in your overall area (100 miles or so) and then mail local (25 miles or so) ones to see who will match your best offer you've gotten.
Also considering the time you probably want to wait till end of June/July 4th week to get some extra offers (might not be on price but might be longer warranty etc.)

carazvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Very nice man - I am being quoted 25xxx + extra on both those sites :( for my area here in MD
The price I was mentioning was not the quotes 'truecar estimate' price as that one was around 246xx for me. What you want to do is get the 'dealer quotes' for the vehicle spec you want in your area. You'll have to enter information like email and phone number. Once you do also be prepared to be bombarded with calls/ emails for a while

keyjey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes Benz C250
First post here. Been looking at Civic EX-L for a week now. Just got the following lease numbers from dealer here in SF bay area

MSRP - 24535, Cap cost - 22295, Monthly payment - 263 (including tax) , $1000 drive off. How good are this numbers?

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The price I was mentioning was not the quotes 'truecar estimate' price as that one was around 246xx for me. What you want to do is get the 'dealer quotes' for the vehicle spec you want in your area. You'll have to enter information like email and phone number. Once you do also be prepared to be bombarded with calls/ emails for a while
Yep - True car then sends you an email right? I think i did that and got bombarded too :) Still not even close to what you got

DriveFast66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Hey guys and gals, first post, long time observer, loving these forums. The best deal I can get here in GA is 23,953 OTD for an EX-L (no sensing or nav). Tried 4 different dealers and 3 of them even walked away from this price saying "if you can get it that low go get it"! The dealer offering me this price said he only got it this low because we just recently bought a new 2016 Fit for my wife with them. I think I'm stuck here, no other dealer is budging... And of course the dealer giving me the best price has no EX-L in stock at the moment...
Got mine last week for $23,491 OTD with thief protection, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. No one would go lower, was also told to get it for the price offered. Contacted over 10 dealers. They didn't have it in stock, but did a dealer trade within 2 days.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Performance Honda, Cincinnati, OH.

http://www.civicx.com/posts/63804/
Hey, who was your salesman? I have been thinking about buying a new civic, Performance Honda is on my list since they have 0% for 72 months special...I am between dayton and Cinci, so they are about 35 miles from me... I would love to get a deal like that along with the 0%

Edit: Performance Kings Honda emailed me $19,462.00 + Tax,Title,License & Accessories, so good price, but can't use 0%, to get 0%, have to do MSRP, so not going to go that route!

Last edited:

Manchops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan (Black, mine), 2016 Fit LX (Red, Wifes car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys and gals, first post, long time observer, loving these forums. The best deal I can get here in GA is 23,953 OTD for an EX-L (no sensing or nav). Tried 4 different dealers and 3 of them even walked away from this price saying "if you can get it that low go get it"! The dealer offering me this price said he only got it this low because we just recently bought a new 2016 Fit for my wife with them. I think I'm stuck here, no other dealer is budging... And of course the dealer giving me the best price has no EX-L in stock at the moment...
Got mine last week for $23,491 OTD with thief protection, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. No one would go lower, was also told to get it for the price offered. Contacted over 10 dealers. They didn't have it in stock, but did a dealer trade within 2 days.
Update, I got a Touring! :D 26,500 OTD, Black on Black. SO happy with this car and only driven for like 10 minutes! I actually can't wait to go to work this morning :p Now that stressing over getting the car is over with, time to stress about mods.... I think first will be tints, then exhaust, intake and catch can.... SO excited!!!

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
You think 21.7k OTD is a good price for Hodna 2016 Honda Civic EX no sensing? I'm in New York.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
You think 21.7k OTD is a good price for Hodna 2016 Honda Civic EX no sensing? I'm in New York.
That's about what i paid for mine back in January month end. I got them to throw in the decklid spoiler and wheel locks too. Seems like fair price. Tell them you will sign the paper work right now if they can throw in something you might like. Nothing crazy though they will not do fog lights, wireless charger etc. If it's mats or a simple bolt-on they probably will

PisKoDrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I've had my EX for about two weeks (bought in MD). Always work through the Internet salesman. Picked it up for 18.6k with protection package thrown in.

TenGen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
Going to get a 2016 EX for my wife for 17,9 OTD brand new. Economy Honda Chattanooga always has some of the best deals. For example you can get a base automatic/manual lx for 16,9. Seems there isnt alot of movement on the Touring Models price. They have them at 25,444.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to get a 2016 EX for my wife for 17,9 OTD brand new. Economy Honda Chattanooga always has some of the best deals. For example you can get a base automatic/manual lx for 16,9. Seems there isnt alot of movement on the Touring Models price. They have them at 25,444.
Somebody's pants are on fire here and it ain't me.
Sponsored