Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 BMW F90 M5, 2018 Audi SQ5
Country flag
for those that want to reduce drone while keeping their current setup, get some Dynamat (or similar sound deadening material) on the trunk since it was pointed out to me by a mechanic that the rear acts as a metal drum since there is no insulation, just a large bare sheet metal. I packed in tightly some Dynamat Superlite and it definitely kills some unwanted drone, while not adding too much unwanted weight (adds ~6 lbs I think with 3 sheets) or cost. If you glue them onto the metal sheet, it should work even better.
Sponsored

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The going rate seems to be ~$1300 for very lightly used, so that's what I'll price mine at. I'm not going to weld anything unless I want to screw up the resale value lol.

I assume you're running stock FP and DP? I installed my Greddy with the PRL FP and catless DP at the same time, so I can't compare the sound difference.
I have stock FP and DP, I have really bad drone on 3k rpm. I cant think how bad drone u have with fp and dp on it. lol

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for those that want to reduce drone while keeping their current setup, get some Dynamat (or similar sound deadening material) on the trunk since it was pointed out to me by a mechanic that the rear acts as a metal drum since there is no insulation, just a large bare sheet metal. I packed in tightly some Dynamat Superlite and it definitely kills some unwanted drone, while not adding too much unwanted weight (adds ~6 lbs I think with 3 sheets) or cost. If you glue them onto the metal sheet, it should work even better.
My trunk has that giant styrofoam holder thing under the floor. Wonder how bad it would be without that haha.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted DP and factory FP with my Greddy. All you have to do is tune in the music your wife likes, and she won't even know about the drone. LOL

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the RV6 catted DP and factory FP with my Greddy. All you have to do is tune in the music your wife likes, and she won't even know about the drone. LOL
What size is the greddy inlet? I think you are choking the exhaust with the stock fp.

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Possibly. I am waiting for RV6 to release their FP.

Believed is 2.5 inlet mounting and then enlarged.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20180619_193156

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20180619_193136

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If they a
Possibly. I am waiting for RV6 to release their FP.

Believed is 2.5 inlet mounting and then enlarged.

20180619_193156.jpg

20180619_193136.jpg
if they are releasing one thats good. The meet point on the catback/fp wont do much. But where the downpipe meets the front pipe thats where the choking is. Anyways nice quality.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 BMW F90 M5, 2018 Audi SQ5
Country flag
My trunk has that giant styrofoam holder thing under the floor. Wonder how bad it would be without that haha.
You mean where the fix-a-flat kit is? I've sandwiched my dynamat in between the foam and the metal, helps quite a bit I think, though haven't used my Remus without the Dynamat yet...

Last edited:

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
Installing my Greddy hg tonight. I've had many cars with exhausts that drones at first but once broken in they were fine. We shall see.

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
Does the invidia exhaust include a front pipe?? Buying from procivic.com... If not i gues ill get prl front pipe along with the prl down pipe.