Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I still wouldn't get too hyped up. Business is business! They may have to continue to wait for another week or two...or month. :lol: Don't get ready to slit your wrists if delays happen. Remember....this is prime time for holiday season and all. Who knows what's going on at PRL.
This! :agree: It's been rather crazy here with the holidays, our sale(s) and hype of all of our new products. Things are moving, though! 100+ intakes shipped and 150+ more on the way to be in stock this month!

Hey guys, PRL just called me. All ordered CAI's are going to be delayed another week or two.....HAHAHA JUST KIDDING! The internet would probably break if that happened.... Can't wait to pick mine up and put it in!
Hahaha, it's sitting here waiting for you! :cool:

Mine is coming early Friday Afternoon tomorrow!!
Awesome! :headbang:

Quick question. Anyone on this thread using a boomba bov? I was contemplating whether or not to reinstall the factory bypass with the PRL CAI. Any suggestions or input?
Factory BPV, please! :)

Mine is shipped!!!!! Does the package come with a PRL sticker? :hmm: I'd love to rock one
Stickers are in every kit! :thumbsup:

they usually do. hell i ordered extra bolts and gaskets and those came with stickers, lol
We usually try to throw in some swag. ;)

Does the CAI come with this hose?

9E7E2A1F-D528-48DD-9F4F-271622BB87EA.jpeg
The CAI kits do not come with this hose.
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well well well......look what Santa Clause dropped off today. Still waiting for intercooler and CVT cooler though. It's a start. :) I am really liking the size of the hose silicone hose pre-maf sensor. I don't like long tubing but if you need to route it to cool air, may as well make it as large as you can. Don't care for the twists and turns but you are limited. Still would like to compare it to a installing a huge air filter off of the maf sensor itself. My filter should arrive sometime in the near future. Won't test at dragstrip until at least end of February now.

BTW: Folks...you better watch that installation video if you are not familiar with this stuff. There were no instructions on installing it.

Also...PRL if you are listening, if there is ANY 'potential' installation issues with these parts, please let us know. It should be straight forward but you never know.

giant.jpg
PRL posted install instructions when they announced that production of the CAI had started. I have it in a PDF if anyone wants it. Just PM me.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well well well......look what Santa Clause dropped off today. Still waiting for intercooler and CVT cooler though. It's a start. :) I am really liking the size of the hose silicone hose pre-maf sensor. I don't like long tubing but if you need to route it to cool air, may as well make it as large as you can. Don't care for the twists and turns but you are limited. Still would like to compare it to a installing a huge air filter off of the maf sensor itself. My filter should arrive sometime in the near future. Won't test at dragstrip until at least end of February now.

BTW: Folks...you better watch that installation video if you are not familiar with this stuff. There were no instructions on installing it.

Also...PRL if you are listening, if there is ANY 'potential' installation issues with these parts, please let us know. It should be straight forward but you never know.

giant.jpg
:D Wooo!

We were very limited with what we could/couldn't do in the design here. Silicone gave us the best solution to all of the obstacles we faced in the Civic X engine bay.

Yes, we definitely recommend reading the install on here or on our product listing! Aside from this, nope, installation should be very straight forward. If you run into anything feel free to reach out to us.

Your CVT cooler should be leaving today or Monday! ;)

Reactions: Myx

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@Prlmotorsports
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order 2955360D-9897-4F52-A0F0-1E24DAC54A88
Can we buy this hose separate for our Si’s?
Is it necessary?

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
@PRL Motorsports Do you have a recommendation on which pre-filter (hydro shield) & size to use on your Cobra CAI? I'm in Seattle and want to make sure I'm extra protected from the elements:thumbsup:
Injen 1035 fits , I just asked a guy on YouTube that fit one in his install

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I get my intake today:). But I’m not going to install it until the dealer figures out my cars smoking issue.:(. I posted a link below to the post I made about my Si.
You can see the smoke in the video on the first page just scroll down.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/excessive-exhaust-smoke-video.16374/

If you guys have suggestions post them there. Thanks

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Prlmotorsports
2955360D-9897-4F52-A0F0-1E24DAC54A88.jpeg
Can we buy this hose separate for our Si’s?
Is it necessary?
we are going to be selling those separately on our site, once we have time and add it to the site. Price will be $6.99 with breeze clamps, though not necessary it adds a little to the engine bay.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 1.5T Cold Air Intake Development / Pre-Order 3BEF0BB8-447A-4ECB-9466-E806B5AEF678
Look what adult Santa brought (UPS)
PRL FTMFW :headbang::spaz::drool:

This thing looks great and feels high quality. Installing Wednesday on my day off.

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
3BEF0BB8-447A-4ECB-9466-E806B5AEF678.jpeg
Look what adult Santa brought (UPS)
PRL FTMFW :headbang::spaz::drool:

This thing looks great and feels high quality. Installing Wednesday on my day off.
Mine got delivered today while I'm at work . That sucker is going in tonight!!! Gotta wait til 9 though. Counting the minutes...:spaz: