What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
After 2 years, I finally took my car for alignment after lowering it.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 711DE778-CC79-47EF-8C37-82FB11CE5164

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? A8CFCC4C-68D1-471A-AEF4-A6D1B5A47A70

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Since Iā€™m getting an 11 gen for commuting to work, I donā€™t want the financial burden of 2 car payments.
If you're for sure buying the 11th gen, then you would have 2 car payments when buying the rav4 or crv. Unless you are buying the rav4 or crv outright. If you are buying the mini suv outright, then I think the solution would be to sell your 10th gen Si, sell the hatch to your daughter and sell the versa and buy an 11th gen Si for commuting since the mpg isn't much different from the sport to the Si. This way you stay happy and have an Si toy to play with for years to come and the wife is also happy.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Sedan. Dealer actually told me in the current market, sedans are higher demand for whatever reasonā€¦ not sure if heā€™s BSā€™ing me or not by saying that?
the numbers show nobody bought the coupes. For fuck sakes like 38% of 10th gen coupe owners post on this thread #coupegang šŸ˜‚

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
If you're for sure buying the 11th gen, then you would have 2 car payments when buying the rav4 or crv. Unless you are buying the rav4 or crv outright. If you are buying the mini suv outright, then I think the solution would be to sell your 10th gen Si, sell the hatch to your daughter and sell the versa and buy an 11th gen Si for commuting since the mpg isn't much different from the sport to the Si. This way you stay happy and have an Si toy to play with for years to come and the wife is also happy.
Plan is to off the versa for cheap because check engine light is on anyway, which itā€™s possible itā€™s the cat converter, which is like $1100 just for the part, and smog is coming up in a few monthsā€¦ plus it has almost 180k on the clock.

As far as the soccer mom car, Iā€™d be selling the si to the dealer, hatch to my daughter, so Iā€™d be buying the crv outright, and have some change in my pocket.

Thoughts have been thrown around to not get anything (11 gen included), and keep my si for work, I just hate the thought of putting 110+ miles a day 5-6 days a week on it. Same feeling on getting a newer one, in which itā€™s not easy to find one thatā€™s not marked up $5k+

Wife and I are kinda leaning to dead the whole thing, I get the 11 gen for work, and we keep the si and hatch (which Iā€™m fine with), but if we ever decide to do something like this in the future, Iā€™ll probably be missing this window on absurd market on the siā€¦ which isnā€™t why I bought it in the first place.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
the numbers show nobody bought the coupes. For fuck sakes like 38% of 10th gen coupe owners post on this thread #coupegang šŸ˜‚
Wife tells me ā€œweā€ (even tho she didnā€™t want the coupe) made the better decision getting sedan being that the market is higher on those currentlyā€¦ I like both, and am absolutely in love with my sedan, but I think coupe looks better, especially when lowered on some nice wheelsā€¦

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Update on my situation for anyone that caresā€¦

Looks like Iā€™m 99.9% keeping the si. Either Iā€™m keeping the si, and hatch, and will end up with the 11 gen sport, or Iā€™ll be selling the hatch to my daughter, keeping the si, and using as a commuter work car (mileage will SUCK), and getting a pilot or passportā€¦ going to the dealership in the morning.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, driving the other day, my IAT1 was 127, while my IAT2 was 90. In 80-def ambient! Anyone else have IAT1 temps this high? At least I know the intercooler is working. šŸ˜…

Iā€™m beginning to suspect the Mishimoto intake is heat-soaking. I might be in a position to do a case-control experiment.

Anyone have a used PRL Cobra they want to sell me? šŸ˜…

Iā€˜ll try to get a series of identical drives with both intakes to monitor IAT temps in order to assess if the Mishi is heat-soaking.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My PRL cobra setup will get 115ish when sitting but as soon as I start driving drops to 5-10 above ambient, iat2 usually 5-10 above iat1