What's your final grade of this 10th Gen Si?

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Driving Characteristics: A
Comfort/Seats: B+
Fit/Finish: A
Features: B
Tunability: N/A (don't plan to tune mine)
Reliability: A
Dealer Satisfaction: A+
Overall Value: A

Every time I get in this car, it puts a smile on my face. I came to this car from a 2012 Volvo S60 and I was quite surprised how this car felt compared to it. Certainly it's not the same, but I didn't feel like I had made a big step down.

I find the seats and ride OK, but my wife will complain sometimes that the ride is a bit rough. As somebody else mentioned, "regular" mode would be better if it softened the ride up noticeably and Sport mode really stiffened the suspension. My daughter's 2019 Civic EX Hatch has a much smoother ride and more forgiving seats.

I am bothered by the lack of a spare tire. The stereo is kinda lame but it does the job. The mp3 player for a memory stick is useless because of the pain in selecting tracks/albums, so I am stuck with using my phone and bluetooth. Android Auto is crap (not Honda's fault).

I had a great dealer experience unlike most others. I got mine a year ago (almost to date!) and a couple of dealers in my area had them. One dealer had them ~$24k (Princeton Honda) compared to ~$26k (Clinton Honda). I could not ignore a $2k difference in price! So I called the closer dealer in Clinton and he said "sure, we can match that", but called me back 5 minutes later giving me some story about his boss telling him he was crazy. So I called Princeton Honda. They showed 2 in inventory. One of them had sold that weekend and the other one was arriving that afternoon. l went that evening, test drove it, and bought it. The car was only at the dealer for 2 hours before I bought it!! They honored the price they listed on the web of ~$24k. There were absolutely no incentives on it regarding loan interest rates because it was a "specialty car", like the Type R. That was fine with me given the great price.
Sponsored

RGUYS

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will give the 10th gen an A .
The only thing I would change is the cloth material used for the armrest and the factory cluch is another potential area of improvement.

But I have kept in mind that the Honda had to cut some corners to offer the car at the price point where it was affordable to most people.

As far as handling , Honda has the best front wheel drive around with out the typical front wheel feel . The 1.5 is always ready to pull hard !
This is my first Si and I am thrilled at the performance, I look forward to getting in my car shifting gears and hanging some curves .
Long live the manual 10 th gen Si !

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I would give my SI an A-. It is peppy, good mileage and reliable.

My only gripe is the head unit; slow processor + very old Android version. This is why I gave the car an A-.

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
The major ass complain I have for this car are all the rattling, clicking and what tf other noises. The second complain is the interior quality. Other than that, love it.
Sponsored