J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We just added a ton of full support for 10th gen and will be continuing to do so. 11th gen is complete and ready for the public, just waiting for additional ECU reads. Advanced features are in testing.

A lot of what he described is available on other 10th gen ECU codebases already.
Sponsored

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
Well... I wish I don't need to switched back to the other platform. Never had partial knock control increased with the other platform before. No partial knock control increased either with stock tune. Have tried reducing ignition base by 2 points but partial knock control increase still appears.

Strangely it only happens when I was not in boost usually within 1500-2000 RPM.
I think this problem occurs generally in european ecus, even when stock tune with ktuner. I and some of my friends have the same problem. When at wot even at 22-23 psi and increased ignition knock stays at 0.49 but while cruising slowly or in urban trafic at very low speeds and low loads knock absurdly rises to 0.60-0.80. We went crazy but there is no solution. We couldn’t find what causes this. We tried adding some toluen but again same thing happened.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I think this problem occurs generally in european ecus, even when stock tune with ktuner. I and some of my friends have the same problem. When at wot even at 22-23 psi and increased ignition knock stays at 0.49 but while cruising slowly or in urban trafic at very low speeds and low loads knock absurdly rises to 0.60-0.80. We went crazy but there is no solution. We couldn’t find what causes this. We tried adding some toluen but again same thing happened.
Yes. It happened to me even with factory equivalent tune from KTuner but no problem when return to stock. Reducing igniton base in affected areas & MAF scaling do help a bit.

I had Honda dealer checked injector, fuel pump, & check spark plugs but found no issues.

Happened a once when I used FP but firmware update fixed it.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@KTuner - Thank you for opening Ignition Maximum table for 5AG-P83 ECU as part of 1.0.10.5 update. I just recently replaced my turbo with bigger turbo using my custom specification. When I was about to read my datalog, I noticed the addition of Ignition Maximum table. I haven't tested this on the road. I will post my findings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Happy New Year 2022! Hope @KTuner Team always healthy and safe.

I did several back and forth observation between non beta and beta calibrations available for ECU ID 37820-5AG-P83, which brings me to conclusion that non beta and beta calibrations are using different codebase. I would suggest this difference is called out in KTuner User guide to minimize confusions, especially for the beginners like me.

These are differences I found specifically for my ECU:
  • Post Intercooler sensor reading: IAT2 indicated post intercooler sensor reading using non beta calibrations but IAT1 indicated post intercooler sensor reading using beta codebase. This was tested by observing TunerView IAT reading change when unplugging the IAT sensor from intercooler piping.
  • Partial throttle knock control raise: Partial throttle knock control raise in non beta codebase is less sensitive than the beta codebase.
  • Disables/Monitors: Non-Beta codebase has more Options under Disable/Monitors main parameters.
  • Throttle Responsiveness: There are 2 throttle responsiveness options in "Starter Dual Target 21 PSI" calibrations in Non-Beta codebase, "Throttle Responsiveness", and "ECO Button" responsiveness. There is no "ECO Button" throttle responsiveness button in Beta Codebase.

I understand that my ECU is unlikely to receive full support with map switching but appreciate if KTuner can add Direct Injection Fuel Pressure targets, and WOT CAM Command targets. I hope this is possible to be added to non fully supported ECU because KTuner has added Ignition Maximum, which initially only available for full support ECU (Initial update was in 1.0.10.0 version). I would like to test if my partial throttle knock control raise could be remedy without reducing Knock Ignition Limit and Ignition Maximum significantly if Direct Injection Fuel Pressure is set back to default Honda setting.

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
What's the bets and non beta code.
I never get to see any such thing.
I also have 5AG ECU

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Happy New Year 2022! Hope @KTuner Team always healthy and safe.

I did several back and forth observation between non beta and beta calibrations available for ECU ID 37820-5AG-P83, which brings me to conclusion that non beta and beta calibrations are using different codebase. I would suggest this difference is called out in KTuner User guide to minimize confusions, especially for the beginners like me.

These are differences I found specifically for my ECU:
  • Post Intercooler sensor reading: IAT2 indicated post intercooler sensor reading using non beta calibrations but IAT1 indicated post intercooler sensor reading using beta codebase. This was tested by observing TunerView IAT reading change when unplugging the IAT sensor from intercooler piping.
  • Partial throttle knock control raise: Partial throttle knock control raise in non beta codebase is less sensitive than the beta codebase.
  • Disables/Monitors: Non-Beta codebase has more Options under Disable/Monitors main parameters.
  • Throttle Responsiveness: There are 2 throttle responsiveness options in "Starter Dual Target 21 PSI" calibrations in Non-Beta codebase, "Throttle Responsiveness", and "ECO Button" responsiveness. There is no "ECO Button" throttle responsiveness button in Beta Codebase.

I understand that my ECU is unlikely to receive full support with map switching but appreciate if KTuner can add Direct Injection Fuel Pressure targets, and WOT CAM Command targets. I hope this is possible to be added to non fully supported ECU because KTuner has added Ignition Maximum, which initially only available for full support ECU (Initial update was in 1.0.10.0 version). I would like to test if my partial throttle knock control raise could be remedy without reducing Knock Ignition Limit and Ignition Maximum significantly if Direct Injection Fuel Pressure is set back to default Honda setting.
hi,
I agree that non-beta initial support version is less sensitive to partial throttle knock control increase. ı asked several times about it to Ktuner but I couldn't get a satisfactory answer other than knock increase because several reasons bla bla bla.
I really don't understand why the fuck it increases when the boost is at negative vacuum pressure like -0,50 cruising at a steady speed whereas it stays solid 0.49 at wot.
The most interesting thing is that there is not such a problem when I turn back to factory and it is not related to gas quality because I added 5 lt of toluen but nothing changed.
I don't know if there are not many people have the same problem or it exist only with some specific ecu with cvt but I think we deserve an explanation and a solution. here are two datalogs with base tune with beta version.

Attachments

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
They're two different codebases, one with more features, as was explained to you. If you don't like the results on one of the codebase options vs the other simply don't use it. That is your choice.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They're two different codebases, one with more features, as was explained to you. If you don't like the results on one of the codebase options vs the other simply don't use it. That is your choice.
Dear Ktuner, ı don't want to be unpolite but you are never willingly to accept there May be something wrong with your software with some specific ecus. More than a year ago when i first got my ktuner, ı had TPS.cmd not opening wide problem.ı had sent some datalogs but you had told me again there was nothing wrong with the software. After ı and some of my friends insisted again and again you fixed with a simple update.so it became Clear that it was about the software not us.
When it comes to this problem, if the initial support version was perfect we would certainly use it but as my friend arnoldo told you before the other version is not completely problem free it is just less sensitive to that problem as long as using the stock maf calibration. Whether you accept it or not there is something wrong with the software and if you had looked at the datalogs carefully and tried to fix it, you would have already solved it.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dear Ktuner, ı don't want to be unpolite but you are never willingly to accept there May be something wrong with your software with some specific ecus. More than a year ago when i first got my ktuner, ı had TPS.cmd not opening wide problem.ı had sent some datalogs but you had told me again there was nothing wrong with the software. After ı and some of my friends insisted again and again you fixed with a simple update.so it became Clear that it was about the software not us.
When it comes to this problem, if the initial support version was perfect we would certainly use it but as my friend arnoldo told you before the other version is not completely problem free it is just less sensitive to that problem as long as using the stock maf calibration. Whether you accept it or not there is something wrong with the software and if you had looked at the datalogs carefully and tried to fix it, you would have already solved it.
Just want to add.

The partial throttle knock control raise didn't happen when I used Flashpro and CR-V turbocharger. This issue occur when I switched to KTuner before I changed my CR-V turbocharger with CAPTS V2 turbocharger. No issue whenever I switched back to stock calibration. I also did a re-test using Flashpro before I sold the device. This partial throttle knock control raise didn't occur using that platform.

My conclusion is clear and I'm already start saving money to switch back to Flashpro in case there is no way to mitigate this issue with KTuner without significantly adjusting down KIL and Ignition Maximum & keeping MAF calibration from 2.0 to 2.5 V at stock calibration. This somewhat helps managing partial throttle knock control raise issue as the highest partial throttle knock control was only .52.

Partial throttle knock control issue temporarily managed but performance below 2000 RPM is worst than stock.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We changed something related to TPS.CMD and released a correction based on the feedback.

We don't change anything related to knock control at all in any codebase and we're not going to. Whatever differences there are between the two codebases are factory. That is factory function for each of those different codebases you can choose to start with. If you don't like the way one codebase runs vs the other, choose the one you prefer. You have the option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks @KTuner ! Partial throttle knock control rise behavior in "beta" calibration for my ecu 37820-5AG-P83 seems to be fixed since version 1.0.11.5.

I'm now able to scale MAF without worrying partial knock control raise behavior of the beta calibration because now beta calibration partial knock control raise behavior show the same behavior as the "stable" calibration.

Highest partial knock control with beta calibration & scaled MAF after 2 weeks of usage was .54. Before the update, highest partial knock control raise with beta calibration was .68.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks @KTuner ! Partial throttle knock control rise behavior in "beta" calibration for my ecu 37820-5AG-P83 seems to be fixed since version 1.0.11.5.

I'm now able to scale MAF without worrying partial knock control raise behavior of the beta calibration because now beta calibration partial knock control raise behavior show the same behavior as the "stable" calibration.

Highest partial knock control with beta calibration & scaled MAF after 2 weeks of usage was .54. Before the update, highest partial knock control raise with beta calibration was .68.
Are you sure that they have really changed something? Because ı tried with the latest version and partial knock throttle increase still exist with the beta.i have seven 1.00 knock for the first time and ı turned back to initial version immediately. Highest knock with the beta is rarely 0.60-0.65 and it generally stays between 0.49-0.57 with the same gas tank same say same road.

ECU:5AN-G820

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you sure that they have really changed something? Because ı tried with the latest version and partial knock throttle increase still exist with the beta.i have seven 1.00 knock for the first time and ı turned back to initial version immediately. Highest knock with the beta is rarely 0.60-0.65 and it generally stays between 0.49-0.57 with the same gas tank same say same road.

ECU:5AN-G820
I never said anything in my thread that state partial throttle increase had entirely gone. I emphasized now that beta calibration partial throttle increase show the same result as the stable one, which is an improvement for me, because previously my partial throttle knock control increase could reach more than .6 with beta but only reached .54 with stable calibration when I scale MAF.

I don't know if KTuner did some changes or not but both beta and stable calibration show the same result in regards to partial throttle knock control increase. I said it still happened but both beta and the stable calibration show similar partial throttle knock control increase below 1500 RPM. The only difference now both beta and stable calibration maximum partial knock control increase is .54.

Am I sure? I have bunch of datalogs if you need proofs. In fact, I have a datalogs with more than 30 minutes drive in partial throttle condition if you think I was hallucinating.