arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I had reverted back to stock but I thought why don't just share datalog and the calibration to community just for fun. All affected area by knock control had been reduced significantly. No change with knock control. Interestingly knock retard was 0 when knock control increased.

KTuner V1.2 wins in practicality vs. Hondata Flashpro and even KTuner V2 to me but I just cannot leave with the fact knock control increase occur during partial throttle and this only occur when I maintained engine speed within 1500 - 1750 RPM range (Load 105.4 kpa & 118.5 kpa).

No more bigger turbo by the way. Everything in my car now is stock unless for the intercooler, and Sprint air filter replacement.
Sponsored

Attachments

markon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRX-B16A / EK4 VTi sedan B18C/ FK7 1.5T EUDM
Country flag
I had reverted back to stock but I thought why don't just share datalog and the calibration to community just for fun. All affected area by knock control had been reduced significantly. No change with knock control. Interestingly knock retard was 0 when knock control increased.

KTuner V1.2 wins in practicality vs. Hondata Flashpro and even KTuner V2 to me but I just cannot leave with the fact knock control increase occur during partial throttle and this only occur when I maintained engine speed within 1500 - 1750 RPM range (Load 105.4 kpa & 118.5 kpa).

No more bigger turbo by the way. Everything in my car now is stock unless for the intercooler, and Sprint air filter replacement.

since some times I do have the same problem,
if knock retard is 0 even knock rises doesn't this means that that rise is a glitch?
doesn't this means that there no actual reason for knock to rise?
just wondering

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No. The Knock retard value is based on the knock control value, not the other way around.
Sorry, I don't get it.

Does this mean knock retard should change when the knock control value change? In my case, knock control continue to increase and knock retard change is minimum most of the time. In other case, my knock retard will reached as high as 6 at WOT but knock control would stay at .49.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are knock retard tables in the background and when that table is 12 guess what .49 of that is when rounded? 6!
That where the confusion is. During partial throttle, knock control could continue to increase up to 78% but knock retard may stay at 0 or randomly increased before revert back to zero. Datalog in the attachment show this occurrence starting minute 15:59.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The factory code for knock control and knock retard does exactly what it's programmed to do, so it's not random at all.
It's weird to see knock control increased only at partial throttle but went down if I clould hold the rpm post 1800 rpm.

Also, knock control stable at .49 during open loop operation & wot.
Sponsored