BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Just received my v1.2 for my 18 Si yesterday. I’ve been running the 19.5/23 dual tune and love it!

Have a few questions that i researched and can’t find an exact answer.
I noticed that there are 2 options to disable VSA:
-VSA Traction Control
-UO122 VSA
What is the difference ? Which should be disabled? I just unchecked them both, but don’t see VSA off light on my dash ? Is it off regardless ?

Other than that, I don’t understand “throttle paddling”. I left it on standard. Can this be explained in layman’s terms ? Maybe an example?
Lastly, with the Boost Target Ramp Rate, do most run with it disabled or aggressive 2?

Thanks !

Edit- noticed after disabling UO122 VSA that “drive change mode unavailable” came on aka “sport”. So I unchecked it and it’s working again
Sponsored

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just received my v1.2 for my 18 Si yesterday. I’ve been running the 19.5/23 dual tune and love it!

Have a few questions that i researched and can’t find an exact answer.
I noticed that there are 2 options to disable VSA:
-VSA Traction Control
-UO122 VSA
What is the difference ? Which should be disabled? I just unchecked them both, but don’t see VSA off light on my dash ? Is it off regardless ?

Other than that, I don’t understand “throttle paddling”. I left it on standard. Can this be explained in layman’s terms ? Maybe an example?
Lastly, with the Boost Target Ramp Rate, do most run with it disabled or aggressive 2?

Thanks !

Edit- noticed after disabling UO122 VSA that “drive change mode unavailable” came on aka “sport”. So I unchecked it and it’s working again
VSA disable should reduce intervention by the VSA module. U0122 also disable the CAN bus error, but will then disable the sport mode button functionality as well.

Throttle padding is the padding for off/on throttle transition, used for rev hang disable.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
VSA disable should reduce intervention by the VSA module. U0122 also disable the CAN bus error, but will then disable the sport mode button functionality as well.

Throttle padding is the padding for off/on throttle transition, used for rev hang disable.
So if i disabled VSA in ktuner, it’s disabled in the car without me having to push the button and get the light on ?

If drag racing the car, is boost ramp rate disabled the most aggressive setting?
Thanks

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Is the VSA disable checkbox in the KTuner software equivalent to pressing the button, or is it like doing the full disable via the pedal dance?

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the VSA disable checkbox in the KTuner software equivalent to pressing the button, or is it like doing the full disable via the pedal dance?
Wish I knew. What’s this pedal dance you speak of?

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a sequence of pedal and buttom presses required to fully disable VSA, and it does not persist once the car is shut off.
Wow. Is there a link to this? What if we just unchecked VSA in ktuner settings ?
Sponsored