What do you think the Type R is missing?

Which features do you think the Type R is missing?

• All Wheel Drive (option or standard)

Votes: 79 25.5%
  • Automatic Transmission option

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Heated seats

Votes: 71 22.9%
  • Sunroof

Votes: 61 19.7%
  • (North America market only) Honda Sensing

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Factory performance parts (like HPD)

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • Power Seats

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • 5th seat in back

Votes: 44 14.2%
  • Cooled seats

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • 18/19 inch wheel package

Votes: 126 40.6%
  • Stock all season tire option

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • Alternate body style (sedan/coupe)

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • Better infotainment system

Votes: 99 31.9%
  • None, I think the Type R perfect as is

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
Port injection. Non Bosch ECU. Better cooling.
Sponsored

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the barebones aspect of the CTR. I really only want a better choice in wheels/tires

Adaman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4373, 2007 Honda Civic Si Tubro (Sold)
Country flag
Minor complaint that bugs the shit out of me - Wish we had auto dimming mirrors all the way around

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to rant now...Sorry I ate a lot of sugar today.
1. Heated seats if the car has a "comfort mode" toggle is should have heated seats.. NO EXCUSE especially for the premium price point.
2. Heated steering wheel see #1
3. Honda lane watch, a tiny camera would not not destroy the weight and balance of the Type R WTF Honda? we have standard Nav and LED lights but no camera???
that was a nice surprise on the drive home from the dealer.
4. Those 20's Not every one will track their Type R, less than half may even see a track let alone race, 19's with a 35 should of been standard with all seasons or optional summers Like the Si and 20's optional
Potholes exist and they prey on rims with rubber band tires ..Talking bout you Chicago...
5. If your going to go red for the interior just match the back seats to the fronts..would it been that hard to have red fabric for the back seats? My dad was like what happened? did they forget to finish the seats?
And................ I'm finished

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about no fake vents? Is that implied, or did I just give the elephant a name?

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not a big deal but all I want is a proper infotainment system.

The software in the Type R and my previous 2014 Accord were pathetic. They wouldn't even pass as betas in most software companies.

Android auto in my Type R is so buggy. Locks up, black screens, amazon music history suddenly scrambles. Of course that could be due to issues on my phone, but these are extremely annoying issues while driving. What is most hilarious is how the software tries to lock certain features when driving, but the performance of the thing makes using it in the context of driving already dangerous. if they were so concerned about enorcing driver safety standards than the software shouldn't perform so poorly! Most software organizations would never let such incomplete pieces of crap hit production, but I guess that's not really the important feature of the car.

I wish these companies would just contract Google or someone else to make the software. Why put up capital to re-invent the wheel (and poorly)?

Last edited:

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^Try getting a new, high quality USB cable. Most of the issues people have with Android Auto are caused by using a damaged or cheapo USB cable that doesn't meet USB standards.

I would have liked heated seats and tires that last a reasonable amount of time instead of 10k miles. Not a deal breaker by any means though.
Agree with the cable issue. I have an ankler cable from Amazon and resolved the issues
Cheers! And yes at that price point there should be absolutely no reason it doesn't have heated seats

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
So after participating here for quite some time as well as just reading the comments of other internet people about the Type R, I’m curious if actual owners (or prospective) have the same opinion. So here is another poll that should be interesting to see - what features do you think the Type R is missing, if any? You can select up to 5 options since I feel like a lot of people would select them all if able.
what about a slightly bigger fuel tank? And individual control of the suspension, throttle, and steering rather than only 3 fixed modes. It would be awesome to have throttle in R mode, suspension in comfort, and steering in sport mode.

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
^Try getting a new, high quality USB cable. Most of the issues people have with Android Auto are caused by using a damaged or cheapo USB cable that doesn't meet USB standards.

I would have liked heated seats and tires that last a reasonable amount of time instead of 10k miles. Not a deal breaker by any means though.
Wasn't aware - i'll try this. I think I'm just using the same cable that came with my phone charger. Thanks

Qdubz

First Name
Quintin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 1993 Honda Del Sol Si
Country flag
1. Real vents in the front and back. Honda Pro Jason actually had his vents made to be real vents.

2. A coupe or sedan version. I'm not a fan of look of the hatchback.

3. Needs some snap, crackle, and pop from the exhaust. It's quieter than a mouse fart.

4. For U.S. dealers to stop being greedy, and stick to MSRP.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Real vents in the front and back. Honda Pro Jason actually had his vents made to be real vents.

2. A coupe or sedan version. I'm not a fan of look of the hatchback.

3. Needs some snap, crackle, and pop from the exhaust. It's quieter than a mouse fart.

4. For U.S. dealers to stop being greedy, and stick to MSRP.
I would love a Type R coupe, but Type R's have always been FWD hatchbacks so it's a tradition Honda wont change.
Honda Civic 10th gen What do you think the Type R is missing? Six-Generations-Civic-Type-R

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are indeed correct. I stand corrected.

Honda Civic 10th gen What do you think the Type R is missing? Screenshot_20190806-022439_Chrome

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Main one for me is much better engine cooling is required, admititly not for normal road use but on track. I have never has a car with such poor OEM cooling, most GP tracks this is not an issue but big power circuits with a long time on full throttle really punish the cooling system on the FK8.

jdmblood

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
how about a better sounding factory exhaust?
Sponsored