Type R Clutch/Flywheel in an Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont know if this was mentioned before but it could be the valve in the cmc and in the slave cylinder that could be in addition to the rev hang

edit: *delay valve

there is an extra chamber in the cmc from what I remember in the 9thgen and a valve spring in the slave
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
i dont know if this was mentioned before but it could be the valve in the cmc and in the slave cylinder that could be in addition to the rev hang

edit: *delay valve

there is an extra chamber in the cmc from what I remember in the 9thgen and a valve spring in the slave
I did the delete on mine. You'll increase drivetrain shock, you'll be able to shift a little faster tho. Worthless mod unless you also tune out the programmed in rev-hang.

Some advise against removing the delay valve. Easier to kill your trans and clutch.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
The only way to delete rev hang is to flash a new tune to the car because its an electronic feature. You don't have to add extra power, you can just delete rev hang. I don't have a lighter flywheel but I assume the retrofit will allow your revs to drop faster AFTER rev hang. But the rev hang will still be there.
Thanks for the explanation. So it sounds like with the lighter SMF of the ctr the revs will drop faster and thus mask or counteract the rev hang?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation. So it sounds like with the lighter SMF of the ctr the revs will drop faster and thus mask or counteract the rev hang?
Only if you get rid of the digital rev hang. A lighter flywheel will allow the rotational speed to drop faster between the gears. And also rev match faster when downshifting.

If you dont get rid of it in the tune. The ECU will continue to do its thing even with a lighter flywheel.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Only if you get rid of the digital rev hang. A lighter flywheel will allow the rotational speed to drop faster between the gears. And also rev match faster when downshifting.

If you dont get rid of it in the tune. The ECU will continue to do its thing even with a lighter flywheel.
Understood.... my point wasn’t that the lighter flywheel will eliminate the rev hang. Just that with the revs dropping faster than the stock DMF the effects of rev hang can be offset to a degree.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only way to delete rev hang is to flash a new tune to the car because its an electronic feature. You don't have to add extra power, you can just delete rev hang. I don't have a lighter flywheel but I assume the retrofit will allow your revs to drop faster AFTER rev hang. But the rev hang will still be there.
Single mass Flywheel will eliminate all rev hang. The Rev hang delete option on basemaps is just for those who don't have one.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Single mass Flywheel will eliminate all rev hang. The Rev hang delete option on basemaps is just for those who don't have one.
Not sure if that is the case. Two different problems with two different solutions that work well together. Either "solution" on it's own is better than nothing though.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if that is the case. Two different problems with two different solutions that work well together. Either "solution" on it's own is better than nothing though.
It will lol you can ask everyone who owns a single mass. There's no lag

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will lol you can ask everyone who owns a single mass. There's no lag
But isn’t ecu controlled lag unrelated to the mechanical lag?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But isn’t ecu controlled lag unrelated to the mechanical lag?
I mean everyone I know who has a singlemass flywheel has no rev hang so not sure. I mean if you just do the rev hang delete on the tune it’s still there and goes down super slow still because of the heavy ass dual mass flywheel

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean everyone I know who has a singlemass flywheel has no rev hang so not sure. I mean if you just do the rev hang delete on the tune it’s still there and goes down super slow still because of the heavy ass dual mass flywheel
Yea just the tune makes a difference but not a crazy one. I figure our dumb heavy flywheel is the bigger problem but the ecu should still control that first moment of lag. I can’t imagine anyone who has a clutch and lightweight flywheel but no tune lol

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea just the tune makes a difference but not a crazy one. I figure our dumb heavy flywheel is the bigger problem but the ecu should still control that first moment of lag. I can’t imagine anyone who has a clutch and lightweight flywheel but no tune lol
I mean you can have a tune but the rev hang delete option isn't really needed.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Who has a smf and/clutch that isnt tuned??? Im confused how this is even a debate?