Red H Emblem Vandalism

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
My mom was a cop in anaheim ca for like 20 years . She was making around 90k but that was like 15 years ago, im sure the wages went up.
Sponsored

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't think cops have time to deal with vandalised Honda badges. Even for thefts from vehicles unless there's evidence on video or the guy ate fried chicken and had greasey hands leaving fingerprints there's not much to do.

On top of that the average Joe doesn't keep more than 1k worth of stuff to be stolen so even reporting it to insurance is pointless after the deductable.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
All your comments are uncalled for. :wave:
I am only trying to help as non living rocks should be documented on dashcams. Why are they getting off the hook? They should be held responsible for their actions.

OP
OP
S2000Forever

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
Just an update for everyone on this, I asked my local Honda dealership to cost out a new front emblem. The issue is that the emblem was designed not to be taken off real easily due to theft concerns, so the entire grill needs to be removed in order to change the emblem. In one instance it was a good idea to have it manufactured so it's a part of the grill, but on the other hand, it's now a pain to have it replaced. There are pins on the emblem which lock into the grill by design I'm told. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Just an update for everyone on this, I asked my local Honda dealership to cost out a new front emblem. The issue is that the emblem was designed not to be taken off real easily due to theft concerns, so the entire grill needs to be removed in order to change the emblem. In one instance it was a good idea to have it manufactured so it's a part of the grill, but on the other hand, it's now a pain to have it replaced. There are pins on the emblem which lock into the grill by design I'm told. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
My Thoughts...the dealer is FOS and trying to sell you a whole new grill. Buy a Genuine Emblem, take this one off and install the new one yourself.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s correct, the emblem is (correction: clipped) on from the back of the grill. The grill is incorporated into the entire front cover, so it all has to come off to replace the emblem. Taking off the front cover is a PITA. I posted a video from Mishi on how to remove the bumper cover in the PRL IC thread. It’s not a quick fix. The dealer said “removed” not replaced.

I agree that looks like impact damage. There would be damage on the surrounding molding from something prying at it. I would not suggest trying to pry it off to replace. It sucks, but I'd recommend doing it the right way, if you plan to replace.

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I rather let them break the emblem than let them take it in 1 piece . Sort of like ink locks on cloths . You can have it but it's broken !!! Sucks for you

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It’s correct, the emblem is screwed on from the back of the grill. The grill is incorporated into the entire front cover, so it all has to come off to replace the emblem. Taking off the front cover is a PITA. I posted a video from Mishi on how to remove the bumper cover in the PRL IC thread. It’s not a quick fix. The dealer said “removed” not replaced.

I agree that looks like impact damage. There would be damage on the surrounding molding from something prying at it.
The type emblem is held in by adhesive and plastic circle tabs that lock it into place. There should be no reason why the emblem can't just be prayed out and replaced with a new one. The oem ones I bought from Honda look identical to pay other emblem on the market

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mazdaspeed 3
Have them replace it under warranty as this was clearly a rock that hit your front. Listen to others that have posted, you would see pry marks from the “perp” using the black grill as a reaction arm when prying. Clearly rock damage, warranty that!

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Looks simple to do in this video below, only thing is the video shows a standard H emblem going to a Red H Type R emblem...
Simple? he straight up broke the emblem off....I suppose it wont matter for the OP since he's replacing a broken one but there's also plastic tabs the guy on the video left behind from the old emblem...

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Just wondering if you got this resolved? My issue is that my grill had to be replaced due to a crack, but my emblems are fine.

Currently at the dealership, unfortunately I have to buy new emblems since they couldn’t remove the ones from the old grill, or they’d break.
Sponsored