Red H Emblem Vandalism

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
Noticed this the other day after giving my Type R a wash...

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism typerdamagedemblem01

Seems someone tried to pry off the emblem and ended up cracking it and decided to give up since it was damaged. Should I bother replacing it or leave it so the next guy doesn't even bother?

Honda Civic 10th gen Red H Emblem Vandalism typerdamagedemblem02

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'd order in one, but I wouldn't put it on until/unless you have a good idea where it happened - because you don't want the same person trying again.

(My car sits outside 24/7/365, cr*p like this has happened to all my cars.)

OP
OP
S2000Forever

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
I'd order in one, but I wouldn't put it on until/unless you have a good idea where it happened - because you don't want the same person trying again.

(My car sits outside 24/7/365, cr*p like this has happened to all my cars.)
Thanks, I was also thinking of installing a Dash Cam as well front and back for the next time...

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Most likely it is chipped by rock. I have seen several CTR in my area got it fix and replace under warranty. They have theirs on corner area like yours and top edge too... No one pry those out if someone does pry it you should see dent mark on the plastic grill not just the emblem. It is cause by rock hitting it and cracking it.

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Most likely it is chipped by rock. I have seen several CTR in my area got it fix and replace under warranty. They have theirs on corner area like yours and top edge too... No one pry those out if someone does pry it you should see dent mark on the plastic grill not just the emblem. It is cause by rock hitting it and cracking it.
+2 this. Happened to my FD2 emblems on my Si. In the front as well. About the same location as yours.

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I don't think a dash cam would do anything unless this happened at your house and maybe by someone local that you can identify.
Cops in GTA don't care about car break ins. I remember when my friend's car broken into in Ajax. All the cops said was " we just had 20 calls like this, just call your insurance" Kind of sad. It's a lazy system and cops around here make 100k plus on average.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Unless your dash cam is pointed at your emblem, you won't see the rocks flying up at the emblem.

You probably need to get a grill cam instead.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well if OP wants to find the perpetrator, a dash cam won't pick it up imo

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
I was also thinking of installing a Dash Cam as well front and back for the next time...
He clearly says he was thinking about installing it for next time. So no, he’s not trying to find the perpetrator.. And yes, a dash cam pointing directly in the direction of the front emblem would pick up any attempted vandalism.you won’t see the actual emblem being pryed off, but you’d definitely see someone in the area doing something..

Spartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura Legend GS 6 Speed
Country flag
Wtf you taking about?!?? My dashcams pick up everything. You never want a problem (knocks in wood) grab the Blackvue 750s 2 channel dashcam! It has wifi, motion and impact detection and if you hardware with their battery pack you won’t miss a damn thing. I get notices on my phone if anyone touches my car or even walks by it. Front and back ✌

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wtf you taking about?!?? My dashcams pick up everything. You never want a problem (knocks in wood) grab the Blackvue 750s 2 channel dashcam! It has wifi, motion and impact detection and if you hardware with their battery pack you won’t miss a damn thing. I get notices on my phone if anyone touches my car or even walks by it. Front and back ✌
Does it pick up non living rocks?

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I don't think a dash cam would do anything unless this happened at your house and maybe by someone local that you can identify.
Cops in GTA don't care about car break ins. I remember when my friend's car broken into in Ajax. All the cops said was " we just had 20 calls like this, just call your insurance" Kind of sad. It's a lazy system and cops around here make 100k plus on average.
Damn, where do you live where cops make that much? Is it a high cost of living area like California?