People tailgating a lot more in the Type R.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It's annoying but let their insurance buy me a new type r in the color I really want. Sonic grey pearl.
Little do they know cameras in every direction.

Most don't have insurance and the other portion will just hit and run.
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Most don't have insurance and the other portion will just hit and run.
They can run all day I'll have everything on camera including plates. And if they dont have insurance this state takes their plates so pretty unlikely and my insurance will still pay for everything and wont be my problem anyway.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
I was going to make a post about the very same behavior. Along the lines of what repeet said, a Vette gets space and respect because everyone knows what a Vette is and don't really want or need to challenge it. Not so much for a Type R. This is the first time the CTR is here and everyone wants a piece. Some just hate it's looks and others are jealous you have something they don't/can't have. Not to sound elitist, but there is a certain degree of prestige with the Type R.

I'm not an aggressive driver (when I don't need to be), I only drive it on weekends and at times when roads are more empty. And even then I get a lot of flack for no reason whatsoever. I'll just be chilling and enjoying the drive going about 5-10 over the speed limit and there's always someone who just NEEDS to be on my ass. Usually I'll just change lanes and let them go on their way as I don't want to damage or wreck my car. It's just not worth it.

Maybe some of this is just due to new traffic trends in general. People are so in a rush and everyone wants everything done immediately nowadays. Everyone's just so damn angry.
Does that mean ("Usually I'll just change lanes and let them go on their way") you are driving in the left lane? Because if you are then, you are the problem. Left lane is for passing not chilling.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
It looks like Texas state law says to get out of the left lane when you are impeding traffic. A large percentage of people are completely unaware of the fact the left lane is for passing. Try pulling that shit in Germany if you think people in America are in a hurry. In Colorado,even if you are "Chillin" in the left lane on a completely empty highway you can be ticketed. Left lane hogs cause bad things to happen.
Honda Civic 10th gen People tailgating a lot more in the Type R. Screen_Shot_2015-05-22_at_9.10.33_AM.0

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
My biggest driving pet peeves are people who are just "chilling" for no reason in the left lane, maintaining an unneccesary amount of distance with the car in front of them during rush hour traffic, driving unnecessarily slow like going 10 miles below the speed limit, braking for no apparent reason, and merging into a freeway still driving city speeds. Nowadays I swear nobody can drive, its infuriating and forces me to constantly drive aggressively.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
My biggest driving pet peeves are people who are just "chilling" for no reason in the left lane, maintaining an unneccesary amount of distance with the car in front of them during rush hour traffic, driving unnecessarily slow like going 10 miles below the speed limit, braking for no apparent reason, and merging into a freeway still driving city speeds. Nowadays I swear nobody can drive, its infuriating and forces me to constantly drive aggressively.
If they're actually passing a car and eventually move over I have no issue. The most annoying ones are the drivers who, while in the passing lane, will come up to every car adjacent to them, sit in the adjacent car's blind spot for 3 seconds, then accelerate quickly before stopping at the next car's blind spot.

TROOPTYPE-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport, 2018 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
If they're actually passing a car and eventually move over I have no issue. The most annoying ones are the drivers who, while in the passing lane, will come up to every car adjacent to them, sit in the adjacent car's blind spot for 3 seconds, then accelerate quickly before stopping at the next car's blind spot.
left lane driving is common here in Las Vegas. It drives me crazy!

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Does that mean ("Usually I'll just change lanes and let them go on their way") you are driving in the left lane? Because if you are then, you are the problem. Left lane is for passing not chilling.
Nope, I don't stay in the left lane unless I'm going faster than the rest of traffic. What I meant by this is that you can be tailgated in any lane and sometimes switching lanes to let them go is best. People in the left lane going slower than the middle lane also annoys me to no end. Do they not see all the cars that are having to work their way around them?

These are the rules I follow for a freeway with a speed limit of 65 with 3 lanes:
-Left lane for passing or going faster. Speed should be at 75 or above.
-Middle lane for steady speed, 70-75.
-Right lane for entering and exiting or going close to speed limit, expect to be doing some light braking, 65-70.
-Don't cruise under the speed limit, get off freeway instead.

If only more people would abide by similar unwritten rules, things would go a lot smoother. That and the zipper merge, don't get me started on that.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
left lane driving is common here in Las Vegas. It drives me crazy!
It's way too common in way too many places. Speaks to how unaware most folks are while driving. As a cop stated when discussing why multi-car pileups have occurred: " people need to look farther than the front of their car ahead, be aware of what's down the road, and who's alongside and behind you."

Most of us who buy and drive "drivers" cars know how and why to do this. Its pretty instinctive actually because when you go a little faster/quicker you really want to avoid any incidents that may cause damage to you and others at greater speeds. That said I am always alone when goofing off where there is NO traffic. If I'm in traffic I just try to stay away from the large herds. (Pack mentality I presume but never could figure out why people like to travel in packs.)

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope, I don't stay in the left lane unless I'm going faster than the rest of traffic. What I meant by this is that you can be tailgated in any lane and sometimes switching lanes to let them go is best. People in the left lane going slower than the middle lane also annoys me to no end. Do they not see all the cars that are having to work their way around them?

These are the rules I follow for a freeway with a speed limit of 65 with 3 lanes:
-Left lane for passing or going faster. Speed should be at 75 or above.
-Middle lane for steady speed, 70-75.
-Right lane for entering and exiting or going close to speed limit, expect to be doing some light braking, 65-70.
-Don't cruise under the speed limit, get off freeway instead.

If only more people would abide by similar unwritten rules, things would go a lot smoother. That and the zipper merge, don't get me started on that.
Well said and I agree 100%

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
You choose to drive a 'tricked-out too cool for school' looking honda civic and are surprised by the negative behaviour of other drivers?
There is a psychology behind this behavior.
Most people are not car nuts and when they see this vehicle they automatically think "underpowered fartcan civic with a boyracer driver". This triggers the natural instinct to harass and intimidate someone/something they dont respect. Thus the behavior youre complaining about.
Sponsored