Are Type R’s showing up more on lots now?

Hodor

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord V6
Country flag
Fellas sorry for a little offtop but are they going to update it for 2020 or is it a carryover? Thanks!
Sponsored

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Well technically everything on the planet is speculation and opinion till it happens. Mine is no more factual than yours :) Im simply formulating an opinion based off of industry, media and a few insider comments I have read. One of which was the head of Honda North America. In an interview when asked about the future of the type R all he said was they would produce it till the plant closed and that future production was o back burner as their focus was to get North American production up and running for the regular civic line (which is their meat and potatoes) before the R is considered. Ill try to find the interview and link it.
Plants just don't close down at the last minute. There is prep time. They are producing now and will eventually have to start tearing things down BEFORE 2021. There is enormous amount of shit at the manufactures plant. I've also heard from an insider (who has no voice on the internet) and his "rumor" sounds more logical to me. The sales aren't just there for having an entire year of a run of TypeRs. Half year makes more sense to stop and get things moving out of the plant mid-year 2020.

As for traded cars. Like you said it is a limited run and there were fewer produced this year. So the high amount of trade ins after 1 or 2 years is just that high, when compared to production numbers. Yes any and all cars have short term trade in and what not but when compared to the number produced of those cars compared to the type R. Then yes the number of trade ins on the R are rather high. For a car that only made a few thousand this year to see 500 plus sitting on lots and websites is rather high.
Probably a lot of people who want them but can't afford the car note. It is, afterall, more popular than any of the other 4cyl cars being produced today.