People tailgating a lot more in the Type R.

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
So I’ve been driving the Type R for over a year now and it feels as if driving love to ride my ass a lot more than they did when I had my 2008 civic lx. Just now a truck sped to a light and slammed on the brakes to be literally 2 inches off my ass. I moved up and then he moved up to be 2 inches off ass again. I move up again and then he proceeds to move up. Like seriously wtf man. And then when the light changes he has to be riding my ass so I troll him by driving slower. 2 days ago someone cut me off because I didn’t move in 1/2 a second from when the light changed and he drove on the oncoming traffic lane to do that. I’ve noticed this happened a lot more with the Type R or is it just in my head. I’m in jersey by the way. Are people just jealous of the car and want to wreck it or what.
Sponsored

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
So I’ve been driving the Type R for over a year now and it feels as if driving love to ride my ass a lot more than they did when I had my 2008 civic lx. Just now a truck sped to a light and slammed on the brakes to be literally 2 inches off my ass. I moved up and then he moved up to be 2 inches off ass again. I move up again and then he proceeds to move up. Like seriously wtf man. And then when the light changes he has to be riding my ass so I troll him by driving slower. 2 days ago someone cut me off because I didn’t move in 1/2 a second from when the light changed and he drove on the oncoming traffic lane to do that. I’ve noticed this happened a lot more with the Type R or is it just in my head. I’m in jersey by the way. Are people just jealous of the car and want to wreck it or what.
I've noticed the same thing as a first time stick driver. People make me very nervous by sidling up to my ass. And can't even wait a split second for me to take off when the light turns green.

I love the car but if I get rear-ended, I'm trading it in for a beater lifted pickup truck and I'm going to dangle all sorts of sharp accessories off the rear bumper

People in my neck of the woods just don't know how to drive...

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
LMAO

too many piece of shit people on the roads nowadays, I have so many bad stories when I’m driving the CTR, long ago I had a older Benz speed up just to tailgate me, that person got brake checked and backed the fuck off, I was already in a bad mood that day too.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
For some reason Honda designers hit the jackpot when they designed the tenth gen. Especially if you start dressing it up with aerodynamics. They seem to have been to be able to trigger a hidden part of the brain that triggers aggression. For the dozen or so years that I drove a "Vette, everybody gave me my space. The first year I owned my Si, somebody crowded me and slid by my car creating a minor crease in the process. And yes, everybody young enough to reproduce feels like they have to get in front of me, regardless of the type of vehicle they are driving.

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
I was going to make a post about the very same behavior. Along the lines of what repeet said, a Vette gets space and respect because everyone knows what a Vette is and don't really want or need to challenge it. Not so much for a Type R. This is the first time the CTR is here and everyone wants a piece. Some just hate it's looks and others are jealous you have something they don't/can't have. Not to sound elitist, but there is a certain degree of prestige with the Type R.

I'm not an aggressive driver (when I don't need to be), I only drive it on weekends and at times when roads are more empty. And even then I get a lot of flack for no reason whatsoever. I'll just be chilling and enjoying the drive going about 5-10 over the speed limit and there's always someone who just NEEDS to be on my ass. Usually I'll just change lanes and let them go on their way as I don't want to damage or wreck my car. It's just not worth it.

Maybe some of this is just due to new traffic trends in general. People are so in a rush and everyone wants everything done immediately nowadays. Everyone's just so damn angry.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I had this happening to me sometimes when people just speed up and tailgate me. All I do is just brace for impact.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s been some uneventful five months of driving since I took the wing off on day one. Didn’t notice any unwanted attention on the road during the time.

However, I’m about to put the wing back on the car for a change of pace (I’m bored). Will be interesting to see how people react on the road. Will remain debadged and de-striped.

Honda Civic 10th gen People tailgating a lot more in the Type R. D9EC9A52-15D6-40F3-84FB-A33560E45B00

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
People just seem to be in a hurry today and could care less about anybody else. Not sure it has to do with the car unless they think you will go fast which is good for them as they are more important than anyone else on the road and feel they have the right to drive the way they want. I don't notice it more in the Type R or the P-car as compared to the Rav. People just suck as drivers these days. Yeah...I'm old!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed the same thing as a first time stick driver. People make me very nervous by sidling up to my ass. And can't even wait a split second for me to take off when the light turns green.

I love the car but if I get rear-ended, I'm trading it in for a beater lifted pickup truck and I'm going to dangle all sorts of sharp accessories off the rear bumper

People in my neck of the woods just don't know how to drive...
Already got rear-ended once... albeit at low speeds.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
You're in NJ surrounded by hyped up assholes. Move lol

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
It’s been some uneventful five months of driving since I took the wing off on day one. Didn’t notice any unwanted attention on the road during the time.

However, I’m about to put the wing back on the car for a change of pace (I’m bored). Will be interesting to see how people react on the road. Will remain debadged and de-striped.

D9EC9A52-15D6-40F3-84FB-A33560E45B00.jpeg
There is no way I'm debaging my car for the sake of being a sleeper.

bbp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
drive faster so that trucks would not blow buy you from the light lmao

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
I like to spray my wipers then drop a gear and disappear. It works wonders lol. Also just discovered the rear has a sprayer too hahah

OP
OP
Acordova70239

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I like to spray my wipers then drop a gear and disappear. It works wonders lol. Also just discovered the rear has a sprayer too hahah
Oooo I didn’t think of speeding up to let the spay go on their car. Definitely going to do this lol

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
i’ve done that before (spray and go), works great if you can take off and leave them in the dust with a messy windshield

not ideal in bumper to bumper traffic as i’ve had some d*ckbags try to cut me off to serve me a taste of my own medicine
Sponsored