aeonixx

First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I took my car to the car wash after owning for two days. I was just giving it a quick rinse off. When I washed the lower rocker panel on the driver side, a piece of paint just blew off the panel. It was about the size of a Quarter. OMG i was devastated and extremely upset. I went back to the dealer immediately (smoke coming out of my ears) They went in and got the manager he came out and told me it was due to Rock damage. BS!!!There was no dent or even a mark, the paint simply blew off. I was so upset I told them that they could take the car back I didnt want it if this is the treatment I am going to get. Suddenly the story changed and they said they would repair it at no cost (OMG Really??)...
Now, almost a year to the day (Ironic), I was at the same car wash and 1/4 inch from the first paint debacle a chunk of paint just blows off. It looks like it was a bubble that popped, it left jagged edges all around. I went to a different dealer after contacting Honda. Honda said Oh sure take it over to AutoNation. So I take the car to a different dealer and they tell me I am going to have to pay for the repair because Honda already paid for it once. The original Dealer said they replaced the entire panel, obviously they did not because they cant find in their information that the part installed on my car now I question if it was ever replaced. I refuse to go back to Superstition Honda. I think I will sell this POS and go buy a Toyota, the paint on these cars is a complete joke and the car is made out of cheap tin. I used to love my car! Now I am beginning to hate it.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any economy car is gonna have cheap, thin paint. It's environmental regulations, we can't use that glorious, hard, durable automotive paint of days gone by because it's loaded with lead, oils, and VOCs. It's not cost effective for this market segment to do loads of coats to produce a durable and hard finish with these kinds of paints. Go buy a Lexus or something.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So you repeat the same procedure after they fixed it presumably using the same car wash? "Every time I touch the stove top burner when its orange it hurts my hand......"

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys, I washed my car with an unregulated pressure washer that had an unknown PSI setting and the paint came off. I got it fixed and then did the same thing again! Honda's are crap!

:rofl:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
In for pics. Washed my car with a sunjoe and the widest nozzle several times with no problems.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Imagine taking all that time to write that essay but not posting pics. This thread is useless without pics.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Know what you mean,

Completely destroyed the paint on my 2018 Civic also.

Pic of mine after first wash :coffee:

1725593656.png
RIP BMW. I guess I don't mind weak paint now that I've seen how bad BMW's bodywork stands up to a car wash. Avoid those like the plague. They may feel like luxury from the inside, but outside the shell's as brittle as an egg :p

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Statistics show you are way more likely to get blown at a car wash than have paint just blow off. :cool:

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Lol! Fail thread is fail

No pictures just talk

I use a pressure washer on mine 1500 psi

But I shoot at a distance, I don’t see paint issues.
Sponsored