Official RallyArmor Mudflaps for the Type R

1. NinjamanCTR

NinjamanCTR Space Force Special Forces

Senior Programs Analyst
    First Name:
    Tom
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
    What he said. :D Be patient with it because if you go too hard, the pick tool will tear the clip apart.

2. UFO CTR

UFO CTR Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR#1348
    That clip is a mess, and below is how I did it. It might help a few people, or it may not:

1) use the provided long screw and screw into clip. Do this a few times to enlarge the screw hole, so to make screw easier to screw in/out. Or use a drill bit slightly smaller than the screw. 2) assembly the screw, washer, extension and mud flap 3) install outside top screw first (loosely fitted just to hang the mud flap for now). 4) now insert the clip with screw into clip hole...push clip until tight against vehicle. 5) while clip is tight against body of car, use a flat head screw driver and press against part of clip that sticks out. That bump up on the clip is specifically for a flat screw driver. 6) with flat screw driver pressed against the clip, now tighten long screw. Clip should no longer turn with screw, now that there is a flat screw driver preventing the clip from turning. 7) snug tight, and don't over torque. Hope this helps!!!

3. Mick the Quick

Mick the Quick Senior Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
    When you have some spare time, could you please post a pic? I can't decide red or grey lettering on my PMM. Thanks, dude.

Muggsy thanked this.
  4. tylermmorton

tylermmorton Senior Member

First Name:
    Tyler
    Car(s):
    Civic Type R #1362
    #199 tylermmorton, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    I installed my kit last week and so far I am loving them. Here's my experience with the packaging, install, and daily use.

The packaging the flaps come in is extremely nice. Everything is sealed into thick plastic bags, including the mud flaps and hardware, and is secured in Rally Armor's own custom box. The material used for the flaps themselves seems to be different from the universal kit I bought a couple years ago. These seem to be a compound of rubber and plastic, making them strong and durable, as well as flexible enough to withstand the elements and any scraping. The hardware is a shiny silver, no matter which kit you end up getting, and I think everyone could agree they could have gone the extra step and painted them. I did not paint mine black. I'm assuming after some extended use the hardware won't be as shiny as it is out of the box, and won't be as distracting. The installation instructions were printed in black and white on some thin paper, and the photos included were hard to make out. Because of this fact, the instructions were at times difficult to follow. I found a colored version online of the instructions, which helped a lot.

I bought these as soon as they came out because I have been constantly dealing with debris getting kicked up from my tires and sticking to the side of the vehicle. I live in Orlando where at any time during the day in the summer there could be scattered storms, and in combination with sandy/dusty roads, this means lots of dirt on the car. My wheel setup is also really aggressive with 18x9.5 +25, so at the bottom of the front fender there is about 1.5-2 inches of tire exposed. The flap kit is adjustable horizontally and vertically within a few millimeters. I pulled mine completely outward and down towards the ground, and they are flush with my wheels.

I have not experienced any issues with the tires rubbing on the flap or the hardware, even in the front wheel well, which I expected to rub the most. As for the height of the flaps, I think they are acceptable for daily driving use when your car is at stock ride height. I have not lowered my car at all, and I still sometimes hear these flaps dragging across higher speed bumps when I take them straight on. This doesn't seem to damage the flaps, but I can imagine them wearing down if this becomes a habit. Taking the speedbumps at an angle seems to alleviate any dragging or scraping.

With these mud flaps installed, I no longer have any debris getting kicked up onto the driver or passenger doors, and the side aero stay relatively clean, even though it's so close to the ground. Strangely enough, there does seem to be some dirt getting directly on the back of the flap. This seems to be from water dripping down from the top of the mudflap. Perhaps a small lip at the top to keep the water on one side of the flap could get rid of this problem. There is also water getting carried through the fender vents and dripping downwards, which causes some dust buildup just behind the fenders. For larger debris like rocks or pebbles, these will definitely do their job in protecting the sides of your car.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the materials and the design of the product. In my opinion, they are worth the $170 price tag.

rey2300 and EnjoyDriving thanked this.
  5. slothy

slothy Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
    Great news! Definitely wait it out then. The install of the universal ones blew.

d0nutrunner thanked this.
  6. Muggsy

Muggsy Senior Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Car(s):
    2018 PMM CTR, 2000 Lexus GS400
    BE1BD634-979C-4AFE-8C90-E502FA9F11A3.jpeg 8D2B45BF-777B-4B7C-B1BF-FB6EDA60A930.jpeg EEAB806A-9287-4049-AFAD-40341DF700D4.jpeg
    This will give you an idea. It’s actually pretty hard to see the gray lettering unless the light is right. Kinda stealth, which I like, that’s why I took off the red pinstripes. I can try to take some better shots this weekend if you want.

HRace, Mick the Quick and jcp227 thanked this.
  7. Mick the Quick

Mick the Quick Senior Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
    Thanks, these pics give me a very good idea! They look good!

Love the wheels, too. When I win the Powerball . . . . . lol

Muggsy thanked this.
  8. ez12a

ez12a Senior Member

Car(s):
    18 CW Type R
    Installed a set on my CW. Finally dont have to worry about all the small rocks on the shoulders/turnouts up in the canyons.

41252296_10106331887144261_8979889984362250240_o.jpg

9. optogirl

optogirl Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Civic Type R
    Red with black lettering on CBP :)

701D3F15-85BC-43FE-A834-064C0603DF41.jpeg

Ramster, jcp227, ExileAeterna and 3 others thanked this.
  10. EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CW FK8
    For the rear flaps, can i install the flap to the provided frame first and then install the whole assembly to the wheel well as the last step? Wouldn’t it be easier to get those bolts on outside of the wheel well??

11. ez12a

ez12a Senior Member

Car(s):
    18 CW Type R
    You could try I guess. If you remove the wheel it's way easier. There's a push rivet you have to get to behind the liner. It was easy to do it from within the wheel well side.

You have to do some slight bending of the brackets tho. Might be easier to manipulate without the flap attached.

EnjoyDriving thanked this.
  12. Muggsy

Muggsy Senior Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Car(s):
    It's really not hard to do the install with the wheels in place. The bolts are not a big deal, but it would be really difficult, I think, to fasten the frame to the car with the rivet if the flap was already attached to the frame.

13. EnjoyDriving

Car(s):
    2018 CW FK8
    From the youtube video, to install the rea frame, you only to insert the tab and rotate it; there are only one screw to fasten it in the wheel well and another one in the back with a rivet. So, the flap shouldn’t be in the way right?

14. Muggsy

Muggsy Senior Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Car(s):
    You would have to reach into the wheel well and around the inside of the flap to access the rivet, which replaces an existing rivet attaching the lower bumper flare to the bumper. Unless you have Plastic-man type arms, it seems much easier to attach the frame to the car (without the flap) before attaching the flap to the frame. The flap will definitely be in the way otherwise. And it seems like a lot of fuss for nothing, because attaching the flap to the frame is easy once the frame is on the car.

15. EnjoyDriving

Car(s):
    2018 CW FK8
    Anyone knows the type/size for the 4 silver nuts? M6? M8?

I found these "black" bolt caps on Amazon and wonder if they fit : http://a.co/d/e8wtodA

Muggsy thanked this.