Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
My CTR is red and I am considering doing something goofy and I'm looking for images. I know the black with red letters will look perfect. If I had a dark color car I would get the red flaps. I'm wondering what the red (or even the white) would look like on a red CTR.
I should have the rear ones installed on my red tomorrow. I posted pics of the fronts last night. I can get some better pics once I get the rears installed.
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if they plan to make these for the Si as well?

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
I should have the rear ones installed on my red tomorrow. I posted pics of the fronts last night. I can get some better pics once I get the rears installed.
Those do look great. But I was wondering if red flaps would look good on a red car.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if it's already been said, but I contacted them about flaps for the 2018 hatchback sport and they said they were in development (just sharing this here so you can tell your friends who may own the sport. Please don't kill me!).

d0nutrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if it's already been said, but I contacted them about flaps for the 2018 hatchback sport and they said they were in development (just sharing this here so you can tell your friends who may own the sport. Please don't kill me!).
Fantastic! Thanks @vladucard

Hey @slothy, check it out.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I feel like an idiot, but I'm having trouble with the first step, removing the top retainer clip on the front. I stuck a pick in the center hole of the retainer, but the retainer is still in place and it feels like it'll break if I try to force it out with the panel removal tool. Any suggestions?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel like an idiot, but I'm having trouble with the first step, removing the top retainer clip on the front. I stuck a pick in the center hole of the retainer, but the retainer is still in place and it feels like it'll break if I try to force it out with the panel removal tool. Any suggestions?
Try pushing in the clip pin more then go back and firmly pull the clip. I had trim tools so that made things a bit easier. It was stubborn for me as well.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Try pushing in the clip pin more then go back and firmly pull the clip. I had trim tools so that made things a bit easier. It was stubborn for me as well.
I’ve never owned a panel tool, always used a narrow plastic putty knife/scraper. It worked well plus try using any flat head screw driver and gently pry up the sides on all the plastic fasteners. I used a putty knife + leatherman. You are not an idiot, hehe. Get back in there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also had issues with the clips. I pushed the pin in fully and then pulled very hard on the inner fender. This gave me enough room to get a flat blade behind them and this allowed me to finally get the clips off. Take your time and patient with it.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Thanks everyone, I tried again today and got it done. Getting those clips off was actually the hardest part, the rest came together pretty easily. Took me probably 90 minutes to do front and back, but I took my time because it's hot as hell outside right now. Had to work in the driveway because there's barely enough room for the car in my tiny garage. I'm very happy with the look, I got black with gray lettering for my PMM. Will take pics later after I cool down.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Would it make any nose if the rear ones do flap due to there are only 2 screws for mounting?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Would it make any nose if the rear ones do flap due to there are only 2 screws for mounting?
I haven’t experience any noise issues with these at highway speeds. So as long as you properly install them you should be fine.
Sponsored