First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone!

I recently swapped out my PRL Stage 1 for the PRL SRI setup and found that I may have over tightened the clamp when I installed the Stage 1 silicone hose. You'll notice that the bottom of the hole is crumpled.

The good news is that the hose was flush with the air box, so I don't think I was letting crap in. The other good news is that I noticed my knock control has been lower than what it was recently. I am thinking that maybe it was from the loss of turbulence created by the crumpled part?

Don't do what I did! Now I have to spend $17 to get another air box lid for when I revert to stock :doh::doh:

As far as the PRL SRI goes. The sound is awesome and the IATs are the same as stock/Stage 1. The butt dyno says there is a more power overall, more noticeably at the mid-top end. I don't feel much change at the low end vs the Stage 1. Not sure if the results would be the same on a stock tune though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lesson Learned - An Intake Story + PRL SRI Impressions 20190321_174049
Sponsored

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Hey everyone!

I recently swapped out my PRL Stage 1 for the PRL SRI setup and found that I may have over tightened the clamp when I installed the Stage 1 silicone hose. You'll notice that the bottom of the hole is crumpled.

The good news is that the hose was flush with the air box, so I don't think I was letting crap in. The other good news is that I noticed my knock control has been lower than what it was recently. I am thinking that maybe it was from the loss of turbulence created by the crumpled part?

Don't do what I did! Now I have to spend $17 to get another air box lid for when I revert to stock :doh::doh:

As far as the PRL SRI goes. The sound is awesome and the IATs are the same as stock/Stage 1. The butt dyno says there is a more power overall, more noticeably at the mid-top end. I don't feel much change at the low end vs the Stage 1. Not sure if the results would be the same on a stock tune though.

20190321_174049.jpg
Any sound clips of this? I bought my SRI with the race maf didn't install it yet though is it loud?

OP
OP
EastBayCivic

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Any sound clips of this? I bought my SRI with the race maf didn't install it yet though is it loud?
It basically sounds the same as the youtube video for the afdynamic intake.

I really like the low rpm rumble. I miss that intake rumble from my 96 integra! You'll notice it, but the induction sound is more prominent.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase