First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys I have been waiting well over a month for my Ktuner v2 and in really thinking about switching over to hondata..... is there any reason I should just hang in there and wait or should I switch ?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys I have been waiting well over a month for my Ktuner v2 and in really thinking about switching over to hondata..... is there any reason I should just hang in there and wait or should I switch ?
You can’t go wrong with either but if you do want Ktuner and are willing to lose the display you can get a Ktuner V1.2 and save some cash.

OP
OP
Btayz131

Btayz131

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can’t go wrong with either but if you do want Ktuner and are willing to lose the display you can get a Ktuner V1.2 and save some cash.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I would make the same power gains with either the v2 or hondata?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong but I would make the same power gains with either the v2 or hondata?
Yes they are both equally capable of making good power.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don’t mind me asking witch one are you running ?
I own and have used both. They each have their pros and cons. I love the display on the V2 but I know the backordered is frustrating.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They're both quality products. I run the +6 base Flashpro tune and like it a lot.

Besides the V2 screen, one advantage of Ktuner is the easy quick adjustments.

OP
OP
Btayz131

Btayz131

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I own and have used both. They each have their pros and cons. I love the display on the V2 but I know the backordered is frustrating.
Yeah I really want the v2 because of the display but I’m just so frustrated that I’ve paid 640 dollars and I can’t get the product I ordered because of issues on they’re end because of their supplier that anodzises the casing ..... now I’m told that they might release them without being coated which I’m fine with because I just want the dang thing in my hands.... however I’m a little mad that they’re not trying to help out the customer by throwing something in or knocking 20 bucks off or something ! Maybe I’m just being a asshole but I think we deserve something for the wait lol

OP
OP
Btayz131

Btayz131

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're both quality products. I run the +6 base Flashpro tune and like it a lot.

Besides the V2 screen, one advantage of Ktuner is the easy quick adjustments.
Yeah that’s true thanks for your input !

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Yeah that’s true thanks for your input !
Ktuner tuned cars are known to have more mid range power and top end with the base maps.

YouTube has shown they are quicker in the 1/4 mile also by a few tenths.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Is there a lot of support between the 2? Does one have a better support line?

Ideally, I want to reduce the rev hang from 1-2 and of course the added hp is a bonus, but at what cost.......only my pocket book?

OP
OP
Btayz131

Btayz131

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ideally, I want to reduce the rev hang from 1-2 and of course the added hp is a bonus, but at what cost.......only my pocket book?
They’re both about the same! However Ktuner I order over a month ago and still haven’t got it soooo your choice lol

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner tuned cars are known to have more mid range power and top end with the base maps.

YouTube has shown they are quicker in the 1/4 mile also by a few tenths.
I'm not sure that is a fair statenent. When it comes down to making power... fuel, boost, and timing tables are fuel, boost, and timing tables. I think when you compare the two it's more about the experience and other features each offers.

That being said, I'm not sure that anyone has taken the time to write the same calibration for each platform and tested them against each other on the track or a dyno.

OP
OP
Btayz131

Btayz131

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r #00749
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
H
I'm not sure that is a fair statenent. When it comes down to making power... fuel, boost, and timing tables are fuel, boost, and timing tables. I think when you compare the two it's more about the experience and other features each offers.

That being said, I'm not sure that anyone has taken the time to write the same calibration for each platform and tested them against each other on the track or a dyno.
hey 360 have you heard anything about when Ktuners actually gonna ship anything out ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Both will do what you want them to do. The Ktuner Stage 2 base map probably has just a bit more boost than the Flashpro +6. But, since you have a stick, you can use the Hondata +9 map for more power (although your clutch might be toast). The thing is, both are good products with good customer support. I think Ktuner has become very popular here at CivicX but I'm really pleased with my CARB Flashpro. We're lucky to have both available to us.
Sponsored