black trim on top of car came loose/bent

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
went through a touchless car wash and a few days later i noticed the trim came loose on the driverside, the black liner on the top. the car only has 2k miles. this is in additional to the a piller panels being extremely noisey 9probably the rear too and the headliner trim not being properly gluded on. these trim issues are a pathetic insult, especially when we are paying a 5k premium over the competition.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I had to give up on all the touchless washes close to me. Whenever I heard the water hitting the metal and glass; I just cringed. It was way more pressure than I was comfortable with hitting my car. I know it's one size fits all, and that folks expect their shit to be clean; but I feel like it just took all my car wax off.

I remember the paint coming off right before my eyes with my Chevy back in the 80s in a DIY wand facility.

Yes... we expect better from Honda. And I agree that the stuff is cheaper and thinner now. But I think that those car washes are designed to power the dried mud/salt off of the average car owner's average car. We may need to baby ours a little more.

When my RSX seal started to come up; I just carefully cleaned both surfaces and applied Krazy Glue.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Wow that is terrible. Im going to count my blessings and be thankful i saw this before getting lazy and putting my threw a touchless.

Do you have photos?
Sponsored