Aluminum skid plate under the car got loose and bent. Worth it to replace?

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it was the dealer that didn't reinstall it properly on the last oil change but they won't own up to it. It costs $180 Canadian to replace it. If I just threw it out and didn't put it back on, can anything bad happen? Rust on the exhaust? Not any more than the exposed muffler/tips I would think.
Sponsored

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I think it was the dealer that didn't reinstall it properly on the last oil change but they won't own up to it. It costs $180 Canadian to replace it. If I just threw it out and didn't put it back on, can anything bad happen? Rust on the exhaust? Not any more than the exposed muffler/tips I would think.
i mean if you wanna protect that oil pan underneath..

OP
OP
DaiLo

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
So... don’t ask me why, but Honda doesn’t sell this piece of aluminum by itself. They sell it with all the other plastic cladding around it. That’s why it’s so expensive. They would make a killing if they just sold it by itself for 40$ like they do the Type R one.

I’m sure there are very subtle differences in the Type R one, but I’ve heard it does fit. And it’s much cheaper because it is sold by itself.

I might try and find one at a junkyard one day. Dealership service techs have abused the crap out of mine. Forget to reinstall the fasteners all the time, stripped the front screws, bent the tabs to hell so they don’t have to spend extra time getting it on just right. It’s bullshit.

I can’t stand having anyone else work on my vehicle. They don’t give two shits. It’s just another pile of junk on their lift.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So... don’t ask me why, but Honda doesn’t sell this piece of aluminum by itself. They sell it with all the other plastic cladding around it. That’s why it’s so expensive. They would make a killing if they just sold it by itself for 40$ like they do the Type R one.

I’m sure there are very subtle differences in the Type R one, but I’ve heard it does fit. And it’s much cheaper because it is sold by itself.

I might try and find one at a junkyard one day. Dealership service techs have abused the crap out of mine. Forget to reinstall the fasteners all the time, stripped the front screws, bent the tabs to hell so they don’t have to spend extra time getting it on just right. It’s bullshit.

I can’t stand having anyone else work on my vehicle. They don’t give two shits. It’s just another pile of junk on their lift.
the type r one fits.
Sponsored