Vents on Top sides of dash

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi All,

I have a LX sedan (Canada) and cant help but wonder if all Civics have this issue....

When you select the defrost button to get the air coming out at the windshield, air also comes out of the two vents at each end of the top of the dash pointing against the driver and passenger windows.

My drivers side vent is great and points directly at my drivers window, however my passenger side vent blows the air directly at the 'A' pillar and not onto the glass. Cant see anything in the vent and the air coming out of it is just as strong as the other side. Its really noticeable when de-frosting the windows, My drivers side melts a large section of ice by the time my passenger window starts to begin defrosting/demisting.

Anyone else seen if the passenger side top vent blows onto the glass or the 'A' pillar?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I have the Hatch. Both of my window defrosters seem to work fine when I do windshield defrost.

A possible band-aid solution to your problem is to aim the passenger vent toward the window. I think a little bit of air still comes out of there in defrost mode, so at least you have something trying to defrost your window.

I also found that in frost conditions, as long as the cabin doesn't have excessive moisture inside, I don't even need to run the actual defroster as long as I have the vent set to Foot well ventilation. In that mode, the vent for the windshield is open and fresh air passively goes through it, keeping the windshield defogged.